SeatGeek "We expect Seahawks fans..double..Broncos fans

ivotuk

Reaction score
While the 12th Man won't be nearly as much of a factor as in Seattle, the Seahawks faithful should still make their presence known.

"We expect Seahawks fans to more than double the number of Broncos fans at the game," says Gregoire. "Based on traffic to SeatGeek's Super Bowl pages, we've seen about 18 percent of all shoppers originate from the state of Washington. That's twice as much as from Colorado. I think we're going to see a much more Seahawks friendly crowd than we did in 2006."

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2442686/Super-Bowl-prices-plummet-as-demand-drops

kidhawk

Reaction score
I heard somewhere (radio or tv I'm not sure) that one of the travel sites (orbitz?) had said that there was about double the amount of travel out of Seattle to NY as there was from Colorado as well.

Of course none of this takes into account the fans that are more localized who aren't really fans of either team, but I do like the fact that it's unlikely to be like the homer crowd the Steelers had back in Super Bowl XL. That is one of the reasons I rooted for Denver over New England. The sheer volume of Pats fans would have made me feel ill

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thank GOD we're not playing the Patriots. You want a SBXL Part II that would have been it. :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Very cool, but may be a little misleading because I think the Broncos probably have a bigger fanbase outside of Colorado than the Hawks do outside of WA.

I do know one thing, no matter what the fan percentage is, Hawk fans will be LOUDER.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Also, I feel New York and the Northeast Region Sports Fans are fed up with Manning Mania as much as anybody.

Frankly, I just feel the Seahawks are also the more likeable team in the eye of the casual fan.

We have a Mighty Mouse QB and Beast Mode. Every "Real" Football fan loves a great Defense which have very personable characters. None more than Richard Sherman whose rant seethes of New York/New Jersey arrogance.

Imo, the majority of neutral fans don't want to see another Manning win the Lombardi (unless its ELI with the Giants fans)

And the majority of neutral fans don't want to see another storied franchise, that has been to six Superbowls since the Seahawks became a team and winning 2 of them, win another while Broncos fans become the newest franchise with a ultra smug fan base bragging about its multiple hardware.

And browsing Broncos forums they are already as arrogant as 49ers fans but with only 2 championships, And because of that whenever a 49er brings up their past championships, I'll just say "good job bro" because at least they have a legitimate reason to act like douchebags if they want to.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I bet Seattle has more diehards at the game, but Denver might get all the "neutral" support. I'm guessing everyone pulling for Manning will outnumber the true 12s at the stadium.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":hdj33f9c said:
I bet Seattle has more diehards at the game, but Denver might get all the "neutral" support. I'm guessing everyone pulling for Manning will outnumber the true 12s at the stadium.

It's going to be cold, and I believe most Peyton fans will be middle aged or older and less likely to make noise.

Here's to an overwhelming Seahawks crowd doing the "Sea! Hawks!" chant! :thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":11ypm3rt said:

Isn't the SB always full of corp types that barely even like football, let alone yell loud enough for one team to make a difference?

Everything I've seen and read says the SB crowd is usually 20% one side, 20% the other and 60% lame ass rich people that don't do anything, they just got tickets through a wealthy associate or corp trying to schmooze them.

I'd imagine that 60% will be even lamer this year with how cold it'll be. All the trophy wives will be crying by halftime to watch the rest of the game in their hotel suites.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38q34cf0 said:
DavidSeven":38q34cf0 said:

Isn't the SB always full of corp types that barely even like football, let alone yell loud enough for one team to make a difference?

Everything I've seen and read says the SB crowd is usually 20% one side, 20% the other and 60% lame ass rich people that don't do anything, they just got tickets through a wealthy associate or corp trying to schmooze them.

I'd imagine that 60% will be even lamer this year with how cold it'll be. All the trophy wives will be crying by halftime to watch the rest of the game in their hotel suites.

True. I'm expecting a mostly sterile environment like every other Super Bowl. Probably even worse this year due to the cold. I'm guessing you'll hear a lot of random cheering for Manning whenever he makes a big play, but 12s will definitely win in the consistent noise department. Hopefully, that 18% is loud enough to make a difference.