Macklemore at the NFCCG

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
The last installment of Macklemore's tour documentary was just released today. At the end, it shows him at the NFC Championship game and the postgame celebration. It's worth checking out...skip ahead to the 20 min mark.

[youtube]EyITtv0FTY[/youtube]

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Personally, I'm getting sick of Macklemore. I do appreciate him being a huge Seattle supporter, but the dude has been going over the top with a lot of things lately.

That post game locker room celebration was embarrassing IMO. He's not on the team. It looked like a bunch of the players were semi-annoyed by it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":33sp6jg2 said:
Personally, I'm getting sick of Macklemore. I do appreciate him being a huge Seattle supporter, but the dude has been going over the top with a lot of things lately.

That post game locker room celebration was embarrassing IMO. He's not on the team. It looked like a bunch of the players were semi-annoyed by it.

Pete Carroll urged him to get in and dance in the locker room. Macklemore resisted for a bit then joined in.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2xkakjpb said:
Mtjhoyas":2xkakjpb said:

Pete Carroll urged him to get in and dance in the locker room. Macklemore resisted for a bit then joined in.
that actually sounds like something Pete would do. He always had celebrities visiting at SC to give his program that Hollywood feel

Stuje1

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":2wgxkx3h said:

I don't know, i like it. he is a huge fan that happens to be a celebrity. If you struck it big and got to use your celebrity power to watch the Seahawks from the field and celebrate with them in the locker room, you would too. Don't really agree that the players loooked annoyed by it either.

I was having trouble getting the embded video to work in the OP, so here is a link in case others are having issues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyITtv0FTYc Also brief clip of them watching Seahawks on MNF at 2:16

falcongoggles

Reaction score
yeah, it really sucks have a SB team and the artist who won the most Grammy awards this year simultaneously rep Seattle and the Seahawks :sarcasm_off:

HawkMeat

Reaction score
by
falcongoggles":1uo56uov said:
yeah, it really sucks have a SB team and the artist who won the most Grammy awards this year simultaneously rep Seattle and the Seahawks :sarcasm_off:
:thirishdrinkers:

Seeker

Reaction score
the group think on this site is hilarious sometimes. guy starts his sentence off with the word "personally" and is bashed for having his own opinion.

Largent80

Reaction score
Mackelmore. This is a guy that won a grammy, but failed to even rep the Hawks on that program, and yet he has a thread here.

Time to move on. Because nobody cares.

OP
OP
Yoonhawk

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":1lyjx48u said:
Mackelmore. This is a guy that won a grammy, but failed to even rep the Hawks on that program, and yet he has a thread here.

Time to move on.

Just because he didn't mention the Hawks at the Grammys we can't talk about him? That's a bit odd.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I agree, Macklemore is very close to jumping the shark, if he has not already.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seeker":1zxv1zz6 said:
the group think on this site is hilarious sometimes. guy starts his sentence off with the word "personally" and is bashed for having his own opinion.

He stated something that was incorrect. Just like you did, just now.

"but the dude has been going over the top with a lot of things lately.

"

Macklemore did not "go over the top" but was invited and encouraged by Pete Carroll. NONE of the players were "semi-annoyed" by it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't get why people that can't stand the guy feel the need to chime in every time there's a thread mentioning him? Reminds of the idiots on social media that spew crap on every Seahawks page

hawker84

Reaction score
Largent80":smpstuhp said:

Time to move on. Because nobody cares.

Could give two craps about Macklemore or his grammy's. But i do like how he treats niner fans... :mrgreen:

OP
OP
Yoonhawk

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
-The Glove-":12yfvx1z said:
I don't get why people that can't stand the guy feel the need to chime in every time there's a thread mentioning him? Reminds of the idiots on social media that spew crap on every Seahawks page

It's pretty funny, but people feel the urge to let everyone know when a particular artist or band doesn't fit their personal musical taste. Even when the post isn't about his music, but about his support for the Seahawks. I personally think it's pretty cool that one of most popular artists in the country right now is loud and proud when it comes to his support of the Seahawks, especially during this amazing run. But hey, haters gonna hate.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
-The Glove-":pd5tm2b6 said:

I don't get it either. Just let the people who like it, enjoy it.

Being shitty is a sport these days.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Time-out.jpg

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Macklemore is the man. It has been too long since Seattle has had such a visible mainstream artist. He is doing awesome things in our community, including repping the team he loves.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm sick of mackelmore.

To me his fandom seems convenient and opportunistic