Marshawn During Media Day

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Marshawn During Media Day
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:58 am
  • Haha! ESPN Superb Owl special mentioned a Puyallup butcher created a spicy sausage that went with a bag of skittles to honor Marshawn Lynch. This leads Mike Turico to ask, "Damien Woody, what would it take for you to eat Beast Mode sausage?"
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:05 pm
  • Excellent interview Beast Mode that was good one :)
    Tokadub
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:25 pm
  • He's ready!
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    jjinwa wrote:Some woman asked Sherm something about 'all of you football guys going into strip clubs and throwing money down onto the girls--how do you protect the girls', or something like that. hard to hear. was really weird.

Richard: 'well, I don't go into strip clubs...'. and then went on about how anybody can make anything of themselves.

Listening to the voice of the reporter who asked that question.. it sounded a LOT like Jessica Williams from the Daily Show so I'm HOPING it was for a bit.

Seahawks + Daily Show together?! God I love Superbowl week. :179417:
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.

"Beast Mode is artist, puny Saints Defense merely his canvas!"

"When you die the only kingdom you'll see, will be two foot wide and six foot deep!"
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:41 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:Haha! ESPN Superb Owl special mentioned a Puyallup butcher created a spicy sausage that went with a bag of skittles to honor Marshawn Lynch. This leads Mike Turico to ask, "Damien Woody, what would it take for you to eat Beast Mode sausage?"

FANTASTIC.

Go Hawks.
    SouthSoundHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:50 pm
  • Easley is my favorite player of all time.

Can't yet say for sure, but MVP level play from Lynch this Sunday and I may be writing a letter of apology to #45.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:58 pm
  • Lynch talked for a grand total of 6 mins in the first round of interviews and then another 3 minutes for the Deon interview.

Go read the crap underneath the film clips online, at least HALF are people mocking his intelligence. There are people ridiculing him, making fun of his speech and mannerisms and picking apart everything he says.

It should be no shock that he doesn't want to speak since just a tiny few minutes of answering a few questions has people taking the opportunity to mock him. Who wants to enable that?

The funny part is that for all the BS, Lynch gives really intelligent grounded answers when given the chance.

The perfect example was the E60 special where they asked his response to people that called him a "thug". He pointed out how someone that came from struggling for everything was suddenly put in a situation where they had access to whatever they wanted and naturally struggled with understanding how to handle that. Then he asked if his detractors would have been able to act differently. It was a very powerful and thoughtful answer.

Another interview they asked him about whether some football incident (I cannot remember which one) was a "low point" for him. He remarked that it wasn't a low point, a low point was when he had nothing to eat and was worried about how he could get his jeans clean in time so he didn't have to wear wet jeans to school or at least iron them for a bit so at least they would be warm for a little while. It made light of the reporter's assumption of what struggle really was and how he knew just how blessed he was.

Neither answer was the kind that an idiot would make, just because he expresses himself differently does not make me doubt his intelligence at all. And frankly, his assessment that doing interviews was just going to result in more people mocking him or twisting his words makes it clear he is not even close to dumb.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 pm
  • Those people that can only comment and try and cut down Lynch on the internet are losers though so I don't care what they post.

Every team's fans in the NFL would love to have Lynch on their team, I bet Buffalo wishes they still had him and that's all I need to know.
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:05 pm
  • Marshawn is doing things his own way. I have big respect for that. And that Sanders interview is priceless.
    Tall men come down to my height when I hit 'em in the body.

Jack Dempsey
    Fuzzman55
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:08 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:Easley is my favorite player of all time.

Can't yet say for sure, but MVP level play from Lynch this Sunday and I may be writing a letter of apology to #45.

But really, isn't it like picking which one of your children you love the most. I just couldn't choose between Cortez/Largent/Easley/Jones, let alone players like Hass and Mac Strong, not to mention Holmgren.

I love all my Seahawks. Would be to hard to choose for me.
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:09 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm
  • The Daily News is a Murdoch-run tabloid. They were crying yesterday at how "boring" Sherman has been since arriving in NY. You absolutely cannot win with a rag like that.
    HawkinBalls
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 pm

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:23 pm
  • Shock2k wrote:
    lsheldon wrote:The media sickens me with some of their BS. They get really butthurt by Marshawn. Anything to create controversy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1594149
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seah ... ay1-012814

Really rich old media guys get confused by his language. So they can't translate the awesome. I feel sorry for old rich media dudes.

Oh and they get pissed when he only talks to an NFL network guy and not their networks, so they try to character assassinate him.

We all we got, we all we need. (I'm starting to understand where the Hawks are coming with that statement more and more)
    Shock2k
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:26 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Lynch talked for a grand total of 6 mins in the first round of interviews and then another 3 minutes for the Deon interview.

Go read the crap underneath the film clips online, at least HALF are people mocking his intelligence. There are people ridiculing him, making fun of his speech and mannerisms and picking apart everything he says.

It should be no shock that he doesn't want to speak since just a tiny few minutes of answering a few questions has people taking the opportunity to mock him. Who wants to enable that?

The funny part is that for all the BS, Lynch gives really intelligent grounded answers when given the chance.

The perfect example was the E60 special where they asked his response to people that called him a "thug". He pointed out how someone that came from struggling for everything was suddenly put in a situation where they had access to whatever they wanted and naturally struggled with understanding how to handle that. Then he asked if his detractors would have been able to act differently. It was a very powerful and thoughtful answer.

Another interview they asked him about whether some football incident (I cannot remember which one) was a "low point" for him. He remarked that it wasn't a low point, a low point was when he had nothing to eat and was worried about how he could get his jeans clean in time so he didn't have to wear wet jeans to school or at least iron them for a bit so at least they would be warm for a little while. It made light of the reporter's assumption of what struggle really was and how he knew just how blessed he was.

Neither answer was the kind that an idiot would make, just because he expresses himself differently does not make me doubt his intelligence at all. And frankly, his assessment that doing interviews was just going to result in more people mocking him or twisting his words makes it clear he is not even close to dumb.

Awesome post man.
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:43 pm
  • I'm betting he was there, partially, to add more fuel to his fire. Soaking it all in, quietly, and then come Sunday.................look out!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Beastquake in NY (or NJ). Gonna be aaaawwesooome!
    HomerJHawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 am
  • It'd been alluded to upthread, but here's a side-by-side:

Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:23 am

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:35 am
  • In this ^ video, Marshawn Lynch steps into the dizzying world of Japanese Kit-Kat flavors.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:52 am
  • 253hawk wrote:Interviewing Lynch: So easy, even a little Japanese lady can do it. Get with with, american sportswriters.

http://www.nfljapan.com/streaming/20140130-4339.html

Those are awesome videos. If the American media were more respectful and friendly like the Japanese media, they might get more. And bring candy.
    :49ersmall: How many 49ers fans does it take to change a light bulb? They don't, they just talk about the ones they had. :49ersmall:
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:00 am
  • I loved this interview, let the beast do his thing.

I made a desktop wallpaper about the Deion Interview, check it out if you like and lemme know what you 12s think! Link below.

http://postimg.org/image/oh5d1906l/full/
    AllergicToZombies
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 am

Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:38 am
  • Shock2k wrote:
    HawkWow wrote:Easley is my favorite player of all time.

But really, isn't it like picking which one of your children you love the most. I just couldn't choose between Cortez/Largent/Easley/Jones, let alone players like Hass and Mac Strong, not to mention Holmgren.

I love all my Seahawks. Would be to hard to choose for me.

Odd analogy and no, nothing like that at all. More like picking my favorite vehicle. In this example, a vehicle to entertainment.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information