Pre Game plans at SB?

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Anyone have pre game plans at stadium or recommendations. Parking in Lot 26. Hoping to get there early to avoid some of the traffic hassle but what to do when get there? Is there a close bar or something to go to and then come rolling into parking area?

Thanks.

Riley12

Reaction score
My pregame plans consist of: waking up, catching the bus up to Met Life, taking an hour to pass through security (it was at least that long
at SBXL), walk around the stadium and find my seat, walk around some more and buy a Super Bowl pennant or something, return to seat and
get ready to watch the game.

FDNYHAWK

Reaction score
As strange as this migh sound you might not be able to park in the lot and then leave the lot and then walk back to the stadium. Don't think they are letting people to walk up to the stadium. This isn't confirmed but I thought I read this. And also, I don't think there are any bars in walking distance to the stadium anyway.

I heard they want people in the stadium about 2 hrs before the game, yes I know not everyone will do this but does anyone know if there are any bands playing before the start of the game.

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
Thx. I wasn't thinking I'd park and walk out of stadium just wondered if anywhere close to go for a couple warm adult beverages before parking.

And I know the NFL wants everyone there for 7 hours freezing ass. Oh well, Go Hawks!!

JonRud

Reaction score
Zorn - there are no bars or restaurants on the MetLife complex. I'm sure the NFL will be selling beer & food but not sure if you have to enter the stadium to get it or they will be selling in the parking lots.

I have a parking pass in Lot 28. still finalizing plans but in my head I will do something like this.

12:30 or 1pm arrive at the Stadium. don't know what traffic will be like but I don't think it will be too bad since few people are driving [half the cars of a normal game there].

Park in the lot - we will bring food & drink with us. There is no 'tailgating' per se but you can have food & drink in your car. so I will have several adult beverages.

It's a long walk from my parking lot to the Stadium [not going back & forth from the car] - so maybe I will head over there around 2:30pm or so to meet up w/ as many Hawks fans as possible and just mill around. I would think by 3:30 or 4pm I would look to head into the stadium.

Having never been to a Super Bowl before I don't really know what to expect - but this is what I have in my head for right now.

JonRud

Reaction score
and Walt is correct you cannot walk to the Super Bowl. you can only arrive via car if you have a parking pass, a Super Bowl 'shuttle bus' leaving from various points, or arrive on the NJ Transit from Secaucus to Met Life.

that is it - no walking up, no limos, no taxis, etc....

check out the official Super Bowl website they have a lot of good info.

http://www.nynjsuperbowl.com/