Marshawn mulling skipping Media Day entirely

Axx

Reaction score
mike rob said in his conference that mrashawn doesn't like being "taken out of context"

kidhawk

Reaction score
Axx":1wxgt66g said:
mike rob said in his conference that mrashawn doesn't like being "taken out of context"

AND Mike Rob also said that he'd be there with Lynch tomorrow, so that tells me that Lynch plans to be there. I'm not surprised that he doesn't want a pre set podium. Maybe he's hoping it will keep some of the hype away from him if they are already set up for other guys

Also, the context thing is so true. I listened to Manning being asked a question about how they can take advantage of the weather. He thought about it for a moment and said he didn't know how to answer the question. Later on the same Network (NFLN) they reported multiple times that Manning said they couldn't take advantage of the weather. It was ridiculous spin because basically (at least from what I saw) it seemed as though Manning didn't want to answer the question as it would give up some piece of the game plan and every little bit of game planning is treated like top secret data during media week for the Super Bowl

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Is there a set amount of time or number of question these guys have to sit through?

OR

Could he just go in, toss around a few ideas, have a little fun with the crowd, and then bail when he sees fit?

I'm not a media day type of guy, it's usually the same crap we hear for two weeks mixed in with one or two a-holes that try and be clever.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
You can see it in his body language that he is very uncomfortable around the media(cameras, reporters, etc). I can't blame him. It's great that Mike Rob is going with him though.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
ML has a problem with saying worthless bull$hit. Like me he figures why say a bunch of stuff that means nothing. If you say anything with substance the media will run with it. I agree with him but I too would play along for the money.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2cgcc26j said:
Is there a set amount of time or number of question these guys have to sit through?

OR

Could he just go in, toss around a few ideas, have a little fun with the crowd, and then bail when he sees fit?

I'm not a media day type of guy, it's usually the same crap we hear for two weeks mixed in with one or two a-holes that try and be clever.

That's a great question I'd like to know the answer to also....Anybody know how long players have to sit there and field ?'s?

Beast could pull a TO's agents responses. Next question..Next question...Next question...Next question...Next question...

Dat it? we done? Aight, I'm out..peace.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't know how long they have to be available to count in the eyes of the NFL. I do know that the Broncos is scheduled to begin at 10:30 Eastern and the Seahawks are scheduled to start at 12:45 Eastern, so my guess is that there is probably 2 hours of availability and 15 minutes to prep for the Seahawks.

sc85sis

Reaction score
He should just answer every single question with, "I'm really looking forward to the game. It should be a good matchup."

warden

Reaction score
Just pure media speculation, trying to create drama

djTOY2000

Reaction score
when Marshawn speaks, who knows... maybe it will be something shocking, like this...

[youtube]EysmC8Ew4qY[/youtube]

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
HawkNuts":x44vvc5d said:
ML has a problem with saying worthless bull$hit. Like me he figures why say a bunch of stuff that means nothing. If you say anything with substance the media will run with it. I agree with him but I too would play along for the money.

Agreed. Everything you need to know about Marshawn can be found in that clip of Carroll trying to explain a change in the blocking scheme, and Marshawn saying over and over, "I'll just read it."

drdiags

Reaction score
From reading Peter King's column today where he is quoted as telling Sherman that he will have to answer questions for 45 minutes, I am thinking the entire team will be available to any yahoo with press credentials for 45 minutes.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Marshawn might have a legit anxiety issue.

And demanding that someone put themselves in that kind of spotlight when they have that issue is ridiculous.

Of course, to understand where some of his frustration with being in the spotlight might occur just go back and look at the interview with him in High School after I believe the championship game. People mocking him on YouTube when the video was up, mocking how he mentioned he "wanted to take his linemen to Sizzler" nevermind that for someone without means even going to Sizzler is a treat. So you are just laughing at someone for being poor and having less options (which is a dick move in my not so humble opinion).

Marshawn also sounds like he is from Oakland. And he immediately gets people putting him in imaginary boxes because of it.

He might just be tired of getting judged for everything from what he sounds like to what he looks like and so maybe he says screw em.

Either way, he hasn't abandoned his community, he has been a great Seahawk and shouldn't have to worry about other distractions when he is there to win the game for us. Better he say nothing and take the fine, since he has seen that if people get answers they don't like they pick you apart and villify you and even with solid answers, they can take them out of context in order to toss you in the box they want to project you as.

He puts up with enough abuse on the field he shouldn't have to put up with other people's crap off it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Watching NFL network coverage now on my computer here:

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/48/live/tuesday

With regard to the question asked about how much time they must give today, Rich Eisen just commented that a lot of the fans will be listening to Richard Sherman during his 1 hour of allotted time. I imagine if Sherman is out there for an hour of the event, then Lynch would be that or possibly less. It's obviously not mandated that players stay accessible for every minute of the event. Also, all this speculation is based on the fact that Lynch wasn't given a podium (there are, I believe 16 podiums set up). Star players almost always get podiums, but there are also standing room areas for the "less significant" players to fulfill their obligations. Knowing Lynch and his dislike for a lot of attention, I'd guess that they are letting him use one of these less prominent areas in the hopes that he won't have as much spotlight shown on him. Guess we shall see. Also, perhaps him and M Rob are sharing a podium....since Robinson said he'd be with Lynch today. Guess we'll know soon

wrenches59864

Reaction score
I don't blame him for not liking a bunch of reporters yelling questions at him, maybe he could just keep saying, "Next question please."

cboom

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ixd84w4 said:
And demanding that someone put themselves in that kind of spotlight when they have that issue is ridiculous.

Nothing ridiculous at all to demand a guy to follow through with a function of his job that he signed a contract to do. A contract for huge money at that. The only ridiculous thing is him thinking he doesn't need to follow through with a commitment he made.

Nobody else in the world gets away with just doing the parts of their jobs they want to do, and refusing to do the other parts :roll:

If he doesn't like what the job involves he is more than free to quit and do something different.

Latest posts