Bennett wants to stay in Seattle (quote)

Coxal

Reaction score
It just read this amazing news on twitter:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/27/michael-bennett-i-would-love-to-stay-in-seattle/

Bennett said Monday in New Jersey that he feels like the Seahawks defense is a great fit for him and that he’d love to return to the team in 2014. Beyond that, though, he said he isn’t thinking about where he’ll be playing past Sunday.

“I don’t think about the money because it’s not in my account,” Bennett said. “You do want long-term deals, but I don’t think about it as much as some people think I think about it. I think about winning the game. I’m taking it one game at a time, taking care of this moment and playing for this team.”

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Axx

Reaction score
hopefully richard sherman is taking notes

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I mean thats great news, but what is he going to say?

"After this game I'm so out of here!"

OP
OP
Coxal

Coxal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1bxbmja5 said:

He could just say nothing. Or "I don't know". Or "I don't think about that right now".

I like my glass half full :les:

hawker84

Reaction score
I would love to see him back, i really don't expect Clemons to return next season, would love to have Avril and Bennett back on the D line.

Erebus

Reaction score
Don't forget, he also has his brother lobbying for him to sign with Chicago. Hopefully he chooses winning over family. I know I would.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Ya know, I keep reading in different threads for probably the whole season now where people keep intimating that this player or that player (Tate, Sherman, et al.) is going to become some kind of major money grubbing pain-in-the-ass, franchise disrupting, long term hold-out who ultimately destroys any shot the hawks have of signing or keeping any other good players thus sending the franchise into another 10 year rebuild because that selfish sumbeetch stole all the money for himself...

And the fact is I haven't heard a whisper about money from anyone on this entire team for this whole season, and really no indication from any player about how they might actually handle it one way or the other...

brimsalabim

Reaction score
BR quoted him today as saying he wants to play with his brother.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Great news. I have to believe that resigning Bennett should and will be priority number 1 this offseason.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
brimsalabim":heft7m9n said:
BR quoted him today as saying he wants to play with his brother.

I saw that. Here's more of what Michael Bennett said.

“I wouldn’t mind playing with my brother. I love playing for this team right now.”

See...he 'loves' playing for this team, but only 'wouldn't mind' playing with his brother. I'm probably reading into that too much but BR could have just as easily quoted the second comment to use as their headline.

HawkWow

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":gw2942qr said:
Ya know, I keep reading in different threads for probably the whole season now where people keep intimating that this player or that player (Tate, Sherman, et al.) is going to become some kind of major money grubbing pain-in-the-ass, franchise disrupting, long term hold-out who ultimately destroys any shot the hawks have of signing or keeping any other good players thus sending the franchise into another 10 year rebuild because that selfish sumbeetch stole all the money for himself...

And the fact is I haven't heard a whisper about money from anyone on this entire team for this whole season, and really no indication from any player about how they might actually handle it one way or the other...

Teams are rocked annually by FA. Cap casualty is now a household word. Players know better than to make their money issues public. That only angers the FO and alienates fans. Alienating fans is a quick ticket out of town...unless your initials are SA.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":2xgo1ega said:

thats because all the people saying they will take pay cuts provide little to no examples of players actually doing so with the exception of kam i guess. its wishful thinking that these guys will put the team first until proven otherwise as there hasnt been a lot of examples or teams that work that way. idk many people that think anyone is scum for going to get paid, its their job after all, not to mention most of these guys have never had real jobs in their lifes and wont have much plans for making money when theyre done.

and idk about you, but we could lose bennet, sherm, tate, whoever and i wouldnt lose any sleep the way pc and js find and develop talent. i mean crap, weve hit big on almost every draft, we complain about any picks that dont work out just cause were so spoiled around here. rebuilding wont happen any time soon, one good pc/js draft year is worth 2-3 years of a average teams draft.

dutchman063

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1aoqt4lc said:

Exactly...or wait til his contract negotiations come up..

TJH

Reaction score
I think people are going to be shocked when it comes to what are priorities are in this and subsequent offseason. I think there is a very good likelihood of us letting Sherm walk to shore up the defensive line.

gulliver

Reaction score
Would love to have him back, and love that he wants to be back.

But getting a ring is the Holy Grail in all of football. Everybody wants one, and VERY few get one. If I'm a Pro, I'm thinking I get a ring, raise my salary and my profile, and take a big payday elsewhere if that's what it comes to. All things being equal I'd like to win, but once I get the ring, what? I'm really gonna take a hometown discount (if necessary) and turn down a couple extra million a year? Doubt it, especially once you've succeeded at the highest level imaginable.