Thread for the Hawk fans no longer with us....

irocdave

Reaction score
Saw a similar post but it was intended for one person. Not trying to take away from it, but thought this could be a thread for everyone that has lost a Hawk fan to mention the person and their Hawkdom.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My grandfather. A politician in Seattle, 70s and 80s. Lobbied hard to get the Kingdome built so the Hawks could happen. My brother and I were Packer fans back then, but his love for this team, and our love for him, flipped us. His last live game was the NFCCG and I am so happy we had that day together. He died not long after we were robbed in Detroit. Buried in Marysville with the 12 flag from that game.

My brother. Robbed and murdered by his business partner, 3 months after we were robbed in Detroit. Hardcore Hawk fan and his death changed the way I live today. He always begged me to chill, to slow down and to enjoy my life more. I do. Every single day.

S.P.: a bro and VP for the Hawks. Previously with the Sonics and hardcore Dawg. It's always said "oh, he was the greatest guy in the world". S.P. was (as was my Gramps and brother). He took care of us like royalty, always made it a point to introduce us to the team and never lost sight of how good he had it with the franchise. Hawk proud and died way too young. Again, not long after we were robbed in Detroit.

There are several I now miss, but I don't think a quarter gets played without me thinking of these 3 great men. I wish I could believe a win this Sunday would be felt by them. But I don't. Go Hawks.

300ZXNA

Reaction score
A family I used to attend Church with lost their son, who was a huge Hawks fan, to a work accident in August right before the season began. It had been some time since I had seen them, but it just kills me because his entire family is pretty much the highest quality people you will ever meet.

Make sure you read the last paragraph, after he died, instead of flowers or donations, his family set up a trust to send under privileged fans to Seahawk games. About as true a fans you can find.

http://lmtribune.com/obituaries/article ... l?mode=jqm

Thanks to whoever started this thread, it's a heartfelt touch...

Schleprock

Reaction score
Love this thread idea.

It hurts to hear that stuff, but what better time than now to recognize all the die hards who had a hand in collecting it to where it is now?

I can only thank Jack Patera. Who seemed to think it might be a good idea to fake punt/kick - on unimaginable 4th down distances. And succeed at it more times than never.

I'd been a Cowboy fan (cuz I liked Stauback, and the magnetic brilliance of several other players there). But I was beginning to recognize that I'll most identify with The Struggle, instead. And so I hopped on board the Seahawks. Been bleeding with ya ever since.

WesternMDRaven24

Reaction score
In December 2011 my best friend who lived in Bellevue died from alcohol poisoning. She was only 42 and left behind 3 kids. She got me the Seahawks 2005 NFC Champions t-shirt which I still have. I miss her every day. So I got acquainted with her other best friend right after she died. Fast forward to December 30th, 2013 my new friend died and what from I still don't know. It wasn't until this past Wednesday that I found out that she died and likewise with the other she died at the age of 42 too. Eerie. I'm starting to hate the number 42 because 2 friends dying at the same age identically almost 2 years apart. I miss both of those ladies. Gone but not forgotten.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Now I am worried I will die like my mother and father at 50(not Seahawk fans)I went into foster care quickly.:)

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Here's to a work buddy, Roger Calhoun. Passed away from Lou Gehrig's disease this past October. He was only in his late forties, early fifties.
Life-long Hawks fan, he would have soooo LOVED this season. He loved to talk Hawks to anyone. I'm gonna be thinking of him when our boys are lifting the Vince Lombardi trophy!!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
My friend Earl Schmidt, died from cancer in October at the age of 46. A Hawks and UW fan who loved football. He didn't let the cancer slow him down much as he lived his life to the fullest until the end. Never once bitched about the hell he was going thru with Chemo and radiation treatments. A real smartass and good humanbeing. He is missed by many. RIP buddy, this upcoming championship is for you! :)

Gametime

Reaction score
Life can make a football season look really small and insignificant and yet make it uniquely special and amazing at the same time. In a world of hostility and division, football is something that can unite all of us true fans and cause everything else to fade into irrelevance.

RIP and respect to all the friends and loved ones being mentioned. May their love and lives never be forgotten and may this game on Sunday give us all something to celebrate. Together.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
My Dad, man I would give anything to hear him say Go Hawks one more time. He died of cancer just before the draft and missed out on "with the 75th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select......He would have loved Russell the athlete, and Russell the person....damn

sam1313

Reaction score
Gametime":1tv01l87 said:
Life can make a football season look really small and insignificant and yet make it uniquely special and amazing at the same time. In a world of hostility and division, football is something that can unite all of us true fans and cause everything else to fade into irrelevance.

RIP and respect to all the friends and loved ones being mentioned. May their love and lives never be forgotten and may this game on Sunday give us all something to celebrate. Together.

Damn Gametime. I wanted to say something, but it is hard to imagine saying anything better that you just did. RIP Hawks fans - I really hope you guys are watching this game. We will finally have the monkey off of our back, and a Lombardi will be sitting in Seattle - where all of you knew it belonged!

HawkWow

Reaction score
tacomahawk":1z4fqeqt said:
My Dad, man I would give anything to hear him say Go Hawks one more time. He died of cancer just before the draft and missed out on "with the 75th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select......He would have loved Russell the athlete, and Russell the person....damn

Sorry to hear of your loss, bro..but you actually brought a smile to my face (please accept that as it's intended). Just as you miss your pops saying "GO Hawks", I miss my gramps and his unwavering, homer-istic exclamations:

"Are you kidding me?? He had both feet down..are you blind"!?!

Then after a dozen views showing our Hawk had but one foot in, while surrendering to our laughter, he'd say "OK OK...he only had one foot in. Stupid rule, one foot is good enough for college, it should be good enough for the pros, too". As I mentioned earlier in the thread, he was a politician...there was just no arguing with the man. ; ) Go Hawks!

Kaiser

Reaction score
My grandpa as well. He saw the 2005 SB after being a fan since the teams birth, and he ALWAYS "knew" they were going to lose. Classic hawk shock case. It really saddens me that he wasnt around to see his fellow fans and maybe himself feeling this wave of confidence for once, and seeing it justified every week.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
My Gram. She wasn't super hardcore, but knew the players and always asked me how they were doing and to tell her stories from games. She liked the 'Hawks and Huskies as part of her solemn civic duty. She fell bad just as the '10 regular season was winding down. She died in the early hours of Jan 9, 2011. I had sat in vigil with her that evening after the playoff game with the Saints. That game and Marshawn's run was my last happy moment for over a year.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Here is to my Mom who was an original season ticket holder along with my dad. She was claimed by a rare disease corticobasal degeneration just before the season started. I will miss her calling me and trying to ruin my game day, I almost always watch Hawks games a little delayed so I can buzz through the commercials. So if I knew she was calling I would have to tell I am behind time and do not say anything :)

To all of those who have lost a loved one "Seahawks fan", may this be the greatest blessing they can receive when the boys bring the prize to Seattle.

BigMeach

Reaction score
My Grandmother...

She stuck with the team through thick and thin like none other. Everytime we win a big game she is the first person I think about and what I wouldn't give for her to be with me for this Superbowl.

I recall when we beat the Patriots last year she was the first thing I thought about.

Miss ya Grandma.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
As I posted Before
My Uncle nick died Thursday
I'd also like to give some props to the people at the stadiums and throughout the sports circle in Seattle that made it a little extra special and encompassed all that is the 12th man.

Speaking of "Freeze your teeth and give your tongue a sliegh ride, Get your Ice cold Beer, Bill the Beer man, great memory there.

You guys remember the guy that used to play Tuba in front of the Kingdome and Quest, and Safeco, Key and Husky stadium for that matter.
I believe he was beaten, Possiblely to death, one night by some Punks. He would have loved this. Wherever, Whoever
you were, I hope you get to watch from above. My Dad and I used to stop and listen to him everytime we were there.
A buck or two always in the pocket for him. Sad day in Seattle sports history, F in Seattle's History right there

Googled it......
Edward McMicheal, known as Tuba Man. A home grown guy beaten to death by three teenagers in Seattle Center, F#$@%&ng Tragic.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/ ... an05m.html

andyh64000

Reaction score
One of my friends died of skin cancer a couple of years ago. He was a huge Seahawk fan and season ticket holder...he and his wife and daughter would attend every game. His father was dying during the last Seahawk super bowl so he didn't really get to enjoy it. I think he would have liked this current team.

Latest posts