game film and planning

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Curious as to what games you think the Hawks studied for this match up? Do they study the losses by Broncos and find a way to win by exploiting weakness or study the wins by Broncos and limit mistakes?

I thought the Colts games would be a good study since they beat both the Broncos and Seahawks (a game we should have won) , even though it was earlier in season. Peyton threw an interception that game, 3 tds. Luck had 210 passing yards 3 tds and no picks and won although Peyton tried to come back late.

Throwing it out there.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Probably a lot of what made them win in the first half. Second half of the game probably not so much as they are usually in garbage time of the game for an offense that has not seen the LOB. That would be in the games that were blowouts. The games they lost....find out what went on in the second half. The "are they tired" or other keys to demeaning the offensive line. I think our offense will be able to handle what they bring. Remember New Orleans after our bye week? Go Hawks.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Actually, a lot of games that looked like blowouts only became blowouts in the 4th quarter. Tennessee, Washington to name two.

Denver Mike

Reaction score
They're going to watch how Manning reacts to the blitz, being that he's been unshaken this post season thus far. Normally Manning destroys the blitz, but without it one of his 4 receivers will exploit a mismatch.

There's going to be a lot.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Denver Mike":2uwz0ggt said:
They're going to watch how Manning reacts to the blitz, being that he's been unshaken this post season thus far. Normally Manning destroys the blitz, but without it one of his 4 receivers will exploit a mismatch.

I don't anticipate he'll be unshaken. The Hawks D will put a hat on him, sack or no sack.

sutz

Reaction score
Denver Mike":1dl5azuf said:

Good thing we don't blitz much. ;)

OP
OP
Jay-Dog

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Denver Mike":1ob5dtn2 said:

What mismatch do you see from your receivers?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
We won't blitz at all. Four man rush, everyone falling back to cover. Manning will probably have more time than we'd like, that oline protects him very well and his fast release helps. Their bunched sets offset our press coverage. But their receivers drop the ball more than they should and we'll be punishing them early and often. I would expect Denver to move the ball well the first half, but the second half, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lot of trouble moving the ball.

Latest posts