Lott says Kam Chancellor heading toward Kenny Easley’ level

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hard to disagree with that.

Underrated contract extension btw? Kam Chancellor's. How much would that thing have gone up after the last 2 months?

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Speaks volumes coming from the same dude how had a digit amputated so he could keep playing in a game. Kam is man!

HawkWow

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard Lott call Easley better than himself. I don't mean that as a knock on Lott, because I'm not even 100% sure who was better myself (even though 45 is my favorite player of all time). Very close and a classy statement by Lott.

That aside, I am a huge Kam fan, but he has a ways to go to be put in the league of Easley or Lott, IMO. Easley was the best of Earl and Kam put together and hit harder than any safety in history (not named Lott), IMO.

OTOH, I am probably biased, too.

drdiags

Reaction score
Shout out to Lott for giving love to my boy Easley. Damn career was too short. Anyway, that is high praise coming from the HOFer. Loved those early 9ers secondaries. Loved the talent those teams had. Looking at the Seahawks roster now compared to 4 years ago just makes me a happy man. Whomever is the good luck charm for the franchise, you have my respect.

These boys are ballers. Tip of the hat.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Easley is still one of my most favorite Seahawk player of all time.
This stuff coming from a Hall Of Famer like Lott, is showing mad respect for Chancellor, by comparing him to Kenny "The Enforcer" Easley, and he's 100% right in his comparisons. :th2thumbs:
I'm seeing a bunch of similarities between them, and once Chancellor starts gathering up a few more interceptions, I think he'll catch up.
Loved it when he leveled that big Offensive Lineman, on his way to get to the ball in the backfield :16:
I think I'm so enamored with the accomplishments of Easley, is because he didn't have the likes of Thomas, Sherman, and Browner/Maxwell/Thurmand back there to smother the competition.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I have never seen a Safety blow up an offensive Lineman like Kam can. He has really stepped his game up this year and it is awesome to see the growth.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkWow":2lz1bm8w said:
This is the first time I've heard Lott call Easley better than himself. I don't mean that as a knock on Lott, because I'm not even 100% sure who was better myself (even though 45 is my favorite player of all time). Very close and a classy statement by Lott.

That aside, I am a huge Kam fan, but he has a ways to go to be put in the league of Easley or Lott, IMO. Easley was the best of Earl and Kam put together and hit harder than any safety in history (not named Lott), IMO.

The way Kam's pass coverage has improved this year at least puts him in the conversation, but he's still not the ball Hawk Easley was. That said, I think Kam hits at least as hard as Easley or Lott. He can thump people in a confined space (see folding that Guard mano e mano), and he can freight train people at full steam, IE Vernon Davis. He weighs more than either of those guys and loves to hit hard, so that just strengthens the argument. I'd say you can make a stronger argument for Easley when it comes to ball-hawking skills, but nobody can convince me that Kenny hit any harder.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
For those of you too young to have seen Kenny Easley.

[youtube]K402EKwagqI[/youtube]

[youtube]quxbCQ4m8Ww[/youtube]

Love Kam, but Easley was even better. Agree with Lott. Kam is the best outside of Easley.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
With Browner gone Kam is the enforcer, and #1 on my favorite player list for the secondary. His presence in the middle of the field has really been felt in these playoffs and I would love for him to be a factor in the Super Bowl against those crossing routes Denver likes to run.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HawkWow":7rs1xwi1 said:

:13:
First time for me also and you're not biased given even I considered Lott better than Easley.Lott played all positions in the secondary at Pro Bowl level at some point in his career. High praise indeed and it makes that extension a stroke of genius.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Lott doesn't want to be a selfish person and say he's #1 but he is..Anyone who saw Lott play knows that..I remember Easly and he was great ..I think Lott see's Kam as an old school type player-loves to hit and always near the ball..If he keeps getting better he can get to Easly level..I love how Kam plays it reminds me of how football was played (bunch of hard hits) ..It's great to see a HOF take notice of what we knew.

lsheldon

Reaction score
I posted a couple of months ago that Kam reminded me a lot of Kenny Easley. I only hope that he stays a Seahawk, because if he's this good so early in his career think of how amazing he will be in the coming years.