Seahawks, 2nd youngest team in SB, on verge of dynasty? [si]

Sac

Reaction score
Great read, man. How great would it be to win this one, against the most prolific offense of all time, and then go on to be the first team to 3-peat?

mouser

Reaction score
According to data compiled by Chase Stuart of Pro Football Reference and Football Perspective, the Seahawks’ roster had an average age of 26.4 years, putting them a few hundredths of an aggregate year younger than the 1971 Miami Dolphins, the youngest Super Bowl team ever.

I'm sorry...i just woke up. But reading this, doesn't this quote say that we are indeed the youngest team and not the second youngest?

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Enjoy it while you can - with the salary cap and free agency maintaining good teams without players being poached is TOUGH. That's why NE's consistency has amazed me.

Polaris

Reaction score
Always Fierce":1w5jkbnb said:
Enjoy it while you can - with the salary cap and free agency maintaining good teams without players being poached is TOUGH. That's why NE's consistency has amazed me.

True but Pete and John have proven to be absolutely brilliant in drafting young, mid-round talent, and if you looked at Seattle's last year's draft, Seattle is already drafting the next wave of talent.

I fully expect Seattle to use much of the Patriot model of holding onto a small core of elite talent (such as Wilson, Sherman, and Thomas) along with a rush of hungry, cheap, young talent supporting them.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Polaris":31o7jmby said:
Always Fierce":31o7jmby said:

True but Pete and John have proven to be absolutely brilliant in drafting young, mid-round talent, and if you looked at Seattle's last year's draft, Seattle is already drafting the next wave of talent.

I fully expect Seattle to use much of the Patriot model of holding onto a small core of elite talent (such as Wilson, Sherman, and Thomas) along with a rush of hungry, cheap, young talent supporting them.

Co-sign both posts.

Honestly, it's not a bad thing that classic teams like the Steelers (70s) and 49ers (80s) cannot rise up easily today and become decade-dominant to the detriment of most other teams.