No Huddle

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
One thing the Hawks like to do is keep their lineman fresh, I would think that Denver would try to disrupt that by going no huddle and forcing the Hawks to play either run or pass personnel and doing the opposite of whatever our strength package is. How do we combat this?

themunn

Reaction score
You can't keep no huddle up against a physical defense

marko358

Reaction score
themunn":16nkeijp said:
You can't keep no huddle up against a physical defense

Yup. They'll need to swap out their players who are getting leveled on each play.

rightbench

Reaction score
we already have a FAST defense. Fast generally goes right alongside stamina. (unless you're a 100 meter dash type guy)

I think it will hurt the Broncos O rather than our D.

It also means more times they're getting whacked by our DBs coming off the line :)

Sac

Reaction score
Remember the Patriots game last year, when Tom Brady was running a Chip Kelly style up tempo offense?

hoxrox

Reaction score
Didn't Luck run a no-huddle on us successfully?

Maybe we put our Nascar package in on first downs. Denver likes to pass on first downs.

May have to burn timeouts to slow them down.

Will also need some big hits on Manning, like Mathis did earlier this year. He can be rattled.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Even if they went no huddle, our defense would still have enough time to go to the locker room, put on clean jerseys, get a snack, and come back before Manning is done with his pre-snap.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The no huddle Peyton likes to run does give me pause. A good no huddle attack has given us fits.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Have Wagner move up to the line and start yelling "Lincoln" or some other city name in Nebraska to throw them off.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1bszlyn6 said:
Have Wagner move up to the line and start yelling "Lincoln" or some other city name in Nebraska to throw them off.

I say we get crazy and go with Sheyboygan or Deer Lick.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Doesn't the clock stop every time one of their players can't get up?

mikeak

Reaction score
Denver doesn't run a fast paced no-huddle offense so the arguments about them not being able to run it because we are physical doesn't work in this scenario.

Denver gets to the LOS quickly. Then Peyton changes things around until he is happy. IF the offense doesn't change personnel then we won't be able to change. Well technically we can but I would say that Peyton would be happy at the point of us having 10 or 12 guys on the field and run the play at that time......

Now if they change players on offense then we can change players and have a right to a reasonable amount of time to do so.

Hawkster

Reaction score
The no-huddle offense is best used to keep the defense from subbing for situational plays. Sacking Manning will nullify this tactic. :)

keatonisballin

Reaction score
This is something i have been thinking about. But luckily we have a punishing defense who will be leveling their guys which will give us time to rotate.