Odyssey 1 has spoken...

Exittium

Reaction score
That's pretty ridiculous. I have a few employees (6) that are bronco fans and they wear their stuff and I encourage it. Everyone else is mostly a Seahawks fan. There's a couple steeler fans but they're rooting for the hawks in the SB and my bronco employees have full on admitted everything we have said here about our D and what Defenses Payton has faced this season.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

The kid had two choices... wear your regular uniform or wear home team colors.

He decided to wear something else. It just happened to be Broncos colors.

He was sent home to change. He didn't return.

He was fired for cause.

Any Donkey fan trying to make more out of this (like the writer/editor) is a fool.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yeah its ridiculous that he wasn't allowed to rep his team, although, I guess the place put it out there with their reasons why before the incident. So kid should have known, wore it anyways, was asked to go home and change and decided to stay home instead. So that's on him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I agree with their decision. For one reason -

Wearing another teams colors in a city that is caught up in their team is only going to incite conflict and drive away customers.

If something had happened because a customer and this kid got into it (its a laser tag place probably full of teenagers who have poor judgement) the owner would be liable I'm sure.

And If i was out with the family and walked by this place and saw this employee wearing another teams jersey i'd keep walking assuming he represented the ownership and therefore wouldn't feel welcome.

Thems the facts.

Deal.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Exittium":31wigyp2 said:
That's pretty ridiculous. I have a few employees (6) that are bronco fans and they wear their stuff and I encourage it. Everyone else is mostly a Seahawks fan. There's a couple steeler fans but they're rooting for the hawks in the SB and my bronco employees have full on admitted everything we have said here about our D and what Defenses Payton has faced this season.

Do your employees deal directly and in person with customers and the public?

Are most of your customers teenage kids or families?

Are you liable if they get into a fight on the property of your business?

HawkGA

Reaction score
The sad part ia that he had gone home and changed and it was his dad who told him not to go back to work. Great parenting there.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
good quote from a broncos fan of all sources:

Ultimately we are PAID to be doing things at work.

They were not PAYING him to wear a Bronco jersey....they were PAYING him to wear a company uniform or Seattle jersey (from what I hear, do not have time to read it all).

If you do not like what you are being PAID to do then quit and find another job. Or act irresponsible and get fired like the person mentioned above (once again from what I hear)

IMO people in this country do not take seriously enough that someone is PAYING them for their time...specially hourly people.

I understand why people want to talk about it, just do not understand why anyone is offended.

rightbench

Reaction score
The root cause, which is what you look at in terms of Correcting problems from a business standpoint, is that the employee wore something to work not authorized by the dress code. (take all the details out because they don't apply whether its Broncos Steelers DC United Sounders Mariners a pink tutu etc...)

Said employee was asked to go home and return in compliance with dress code.

Said employee did not return to work at all, let alone in dress code.

Said employee was terminated for failure to comply (not because he was a broncos fan)

Period. End of Story. Employer did nothing wrong.

Media blows story out of proportion because said employee likes a football team that will be playing the home team near said employee's former place of employment in a game on the other side of the country 2 weeks later.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
What is this kid after? Wrongful termination? Good luck with that. Dress code was clear, option was given to change.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
HawkGA":3hsfzvin said:
The sad part ia that he had gone home and changed and it was his dad who told him not to go back to work. Great parenting there.
This^ Its inconceivable to me that this kids Dad told him to stay home. Idiot!

HawkMeat

Reaction score
rightbench":1haurngf said:
The root cause, which is what you look at in terms of Correcting problems from a business standpoint, is that the employee wore something to work not authorized by the dress code. (take all the details out because they don't apply whether its Broncos Steelers DC United Sounders Mariners a pink tutu etc...)

Said employee was asked to go home and return in compliance with dress code.

Said employee did not return to work at all, let alone in dress code.

Said employee was terminated for failure to comply (not because he was a broncos fan)

Period. End of Story. Employer did nothing wrong.

Media blows story out of proportion because said employee likes a football team that will be playing the home team near said employee's former place of employment in a game on the other side of the country 2 weeks later.
Perfect. Could not have said it better.

The parent should be slapped since he is probably the one to contact the media to make this non-story a story

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you guys read the story, he was not fired because of his jersey but because he did not come back to work. Of course, "17 year old fired after skipping shift at arcade park" isn't as exciting to report on.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
travlinhawk":349tdnbd said:
HawkGA":349tdnbd said:
This^ Its inconceivable to me that this kids Dad told him to stay home. Idiot!
Yep, the kids father shoulda took his son by the hand, and marched right down there to confront his boss, or maybe he could have taken him down to the local ARMY/NAVY/AIR FORCE/MARINE recruiter, and demand that his son be given a chance to don a Uniform, because I'm sure that the recruiter would have made special exemptions that would allow him to proudly wear his Bronco's Jersey.
At 17 Years of age, that's where I was introduced to the Military ways of doing things, and in basic training ,you are allowed to wear what you wanted for about 6 Hours LOL