Max Kellerman - "Sherm right about crabs thats why it hurts"

Seeker

Reaction score
Said it live on air IN CALIFORNIA,
Marcellus cosigned.

agree that crabs is a mediocre receiver and says this is why niners fans are so mad. he is arguing with them now. lol

HawkWow

Reaction score
I'm no fan, but I wish he was our mediocre receiver. Crabs has some unbelievable hands and his route running is very good. He appears to have grown up a bit and is a threat when on the field. Don't mind the "mediocre" talk of Sherman's, but I think he's off base. Kellerman? I'm a fan (and know Max) but he should stick with boxing. His knowledge of football is mediocre.

ivotuk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2kua61f5 said:
I'm no fan, but I wish he was our mediocre receiver. Crabs has some unbelievable hands and his route running is very good. He appears to have grown up a bit and is a threat when on the field. Don't mind the "mediocre" talk of Sherman's, but I think he's off base. Kellerman? I'm a fan (and know Max) but he should stick with boxing. His knowledge of football is mediocre.

+1 I'd take him in a heartbeat if he has matured.

Escamillo

Reaction score
I like how Sherm enunciated the word "mediocre" at his press conference. To make it very clear, without ambiguity, what he was saying. lol

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Can you imagine how much crap would go on if those two had to practice against each other? Not worth it

86Hawk

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":26dh74i4 said:
No way I want him. He was a bitch from the moment he was drafted.
Correct. He was a big reason they started fining players for holding out on playing after getting drafted to get a big payday. The dude has been a cancer from the beginning. No thanks

Pstark3

Reaction score
Talent wise i'd take him. But people are quick to forget he held out alot of his rookie year for $...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkWow":2f4qjp8t said:
If they called him for his blatant OPI, he would be average at best. He only gets separation by pushing off.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":1n6rf0e8 said:

Agreed. I'd take his mediocre receiving talents over the LB production we got with the Curry pick.

kearly

Reaction score
Crabtree is a legit low-end #1. Awesome body control with great hands, in a lot of ways he's a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald. It killed me when we passed on him in 2009. I also think Crabtree is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in fantasy drafts next summer. Book him right now for 1100+ yards and 8+ TDs, for a guy that will probably go 5th round or later.

But yeah, he's not the kind of WR that's going to give a guy like Richard Sherman any trouble. Guys that rely on fade routes and sideline catches like Crabtree are going to be especially easy for Sherman to defend. Sherman acts mad that they had the nerve to target him on the fade at the end of the game, but in reality he wishes they had done so far more often. If Sherman was challenged the way a normal corner would be, he'd have so many interceptions that he'd likely go down as the greatest corner to ever play the game.

HawkWow

Reaction score
86Hawk":37gyee3v said:
KARAVARUS":37gyee3v said:
No way I want him. He was a bitch from the moment he was drafted.
Correct. He was a big reason they started fining players for holding out on playing after getting drafted to get a big payday. The dude has been a cancer from the beginning. No thanks

But you embrace Percy Harvin, I'll bet. Harvin threatened to hold out every year, but because he had no leverage, went the migraine route instead. Let's not turn this into another Harvin thread...just saying.

I do hate hold outs, but there have been several. What's funny about the Crabs hold out, is he was such a bitch diva, everyone (other than the 9ers) knew he would. No, I wouldn't want THAT Crabtree on our team, but again, it appears he has finally got his head out. He would be the best receiver on this team not named Harvin. Would I trade Baldy or Tate for Crabs? hell no. I don't like the guy, I'm just saying he's not a mediocre receiver.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kearly":1qhapyye said:
Crabtree is a legit low-end #1. Awesome body control with great hands, in a lot of ways he's a poor mans Larry Fitzgerald. It killed me when we passed on him in 2009. I also think Crabtree is going to be one of the biggest sleepers in fantasy drafts next summer. Book him right now for 1100+ yards and 8+ TDs, for a guy that will probably go 5th round or later.

But yeah, he's not the kind of WR that's going to give a guy like Richard Sherman any trouble. Guys that rely on fade routes and sideline catches like Crabtree are going to be especially easy for Sherman to defend. Sherman acts mad that they had the nerve to target him on the fade at the end of the game, but in reality he wishes they had done so far more often. If Sherman was challenged the way a normal corner would be, he'd have so many interceptions that he'd likely go down as the greatest corner to ever play the game.

Nice post. Agree with every word.

jeffjtk123

Reaction score
well he isnt mediocre. Last healthy season he was the 13th best WR in the NFL. Thats not mediocre. Thats a legit lower end #1. He would EASILY be your best WR.

Problem with him and Boldin is a combo is that no one stretches the field.

Ty Hilton is the type of WR that gives Sherman trouble.

dunceface

Reaction score
Escamillo":2ubcnxjc said:
I like how Sherm enunciated the word "mediocre" at his press conference. To make it very clear, without ambiguity, what he was saying. lol

Tumblr mzs4xid3Op1qlkvaio1 400

Crabs had talent but his attitude is piss poor

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For Crabtree, the production hasn't really been there. He had a good year last year, but far from mind-blowing numbers. Of course, he might have been limited by the systems he's played in, but you could say the same about our guys as well.

Sherm mentioned after his rant that he and ET debated whether Crabtree was a top-15 WR. He insinuated that ET thought he was. Sherm said he wouldn't be taken top-20 in a fantasy draft. I think that's a pretty good debate. One could easily come up with 20 names above Crabtree based on production.

All that being said, I think Crab has excellent hands and seems to consistently find himself in good spots (i.e., runs good routes). Is he an elite WR? I would say no. Certainly a borderline #1 at bare minimum, though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
dunceface":2vgqibjd said:
Escamillo":2vgqibjd said:

Tumblr mzs4xid3Op1qlkvaio1 400

Crabs had talent but his attitude is piss poor

Nice!

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":egi6tiea said:
You can usually tell the purely Seahawks fans from the NFL fans here. The above is correct. Crabtree is a very good player, one tier below elite. Hardly mediocre. I get that Sherman hates the guy and therefore wants to denigrate his abilities, but even coming off an injury Crabtree would be the best receiver on our team right now. Sorry Doug Baldwin. I know by the transitive property that makes you even more 'pedestrian', but it's true.

Perhaps this mythical creature I've heard about - 'Percy Harvin' - would be better than Crabtree, but I'm still not sure he actually exists.

Latest posts