What if Peyton got on the plane the Hawks had waiting 4 him?

seabowl

Reaction score
Can you imagine what would have happened if Peyton Manning got on the plane in the 2012 offseason that the Hawks had waiting for him? There is no question in my mind with the persuasive skills of Carroll and Schneider that he would have been a Hawk. What would have happened after that? Would we have drafted Russell? What would our O look like today? I can tell you that it would have made for an interesting two years.

With that said I along with probably everyone else am glad he did not step on board. Although at the time I would have probably given an extremity for him to do so. As the saying goes "sometimes the best move is none at all". Now all we need to do is kick his ass. I do like the guy however.

Go Hawks!!!!!

Smurf

Reaction score
His neck would have been broken in the 3rd game of the pre-season and he'd retire, and we'd be F'd.

There is no way our line could protect Peyton like he needs.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
He would have required another surgery after playing behind our line the last two seasons

Goodwin Seahawk

Reaction score
Intersting thought, absolutely! I forgot about the airplane. You have to wonder if the draft would've worked out the same and we were still able to land RW in Round 3.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Goodwin Seahawk":3uqb2z88 said:
Intersting thought, absolutely! I forgot about the airplane. You have to wonder if the draft would've worked out the same and we were still able to land RW in Round 3.

If we would have landed Peyton, Russell could have been a Bronco. If that happened we might have been saying now, "I hope they break the neck of that Russell Wilson" and "he's so short, he can't win a Super Bowl".

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Screw Payton Manning. He went to the Donkeys and make no mistake, this is our golden opportunity for revenge against Horse Face (Elway) and I hope to send Payton into early retirement with a beating he will never forget.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Peyton Manning played behind a Colts offensive line that turned out to be utterly mediocre once Curtis Painter stepped in. He's not O-line dependent like some bad quarterbacks are. He has the read, quicks, and awareness to succeed on his own. My only question is whether his receivers could be getting open often enough to give him some options...

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":mg8i9yso said:
Peyton Manning played behind a Colts offensive line that turned out to be utterly mediocre once Curtis Painter stepped in. He's not O-line dependent like some bad quarterbacks are. He has the read, quicks, and awareness to succeed on his own. My only question is whether his receivers could be getting open often enough to give him some options...

This. Also no matter who is in at receiver the O that he runs allows guys to get free. Tate would have thrived under Manning with crossing routes.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I agree with the thought that Peyton would never have survived our O-line.

The only reason our offense has worked is because Wilson runs so well.

Polaris

Reaction score
seabowl":2dvcflf4 said:
Can you imagine what would have happened if Peyton Manning got on the plane in the 2012 offseason that the Hawks had waiting for him? There is no question in my mind with the persuasive skills of Carroll and Schneider that he would have been a Hawk. What would have happened after that? Would we have drafted Russell? What would our O look like today? I can tell you that it would have made for an interesting two years.

With that said I along with probably everyone else am glad he did not step on board. Although at the time I would have probably given an extremity for him to do so. As the saying goes "sometimes the best move is none at all". Now all we need to do is kick his ass. I do like the guy however.

Go Hawks!!!!!

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/12/31/ ... a-seahawk/

themunn

Reaction score
We'd probably still have drafted Wilson, after all, it's not like we got Flynn to fool people, we genuinely thought he could be a franchise QB.

Can you imagine Wilson and Peyton in the film room together?

Largent80

Reaction score
Peyton is who he is. I am so happy that he decided to end his career on such a sad note.

Luuuuhhhh-oooooser.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
You know this has got to be going through his mind at some point, watching film, preparing for the game, maybe even stepping out onto the field for the first time against us. He's thinking, "This is the team I wouldn't even give the time of day to, and they're gonna kick my ass all evening."

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":p4zv4xpy said:
You know this has got to be going through his mind at some point, watching film, preparing for the game, maybe even stepping out onto the field for the first time against us. He's thinking, "This is the team I wouldn't even give the time of day to, and they're gonna kick my ass into retirement"

Fixed

drdiags

Reaction score
Peyton said the Broncos WRs helped him make the decision (Decker and D Thomas). Depends on how much Pete was willing to change his approach toward offensive philosophy to allow Manning to create. Would have been interesting but I have my doubts about the fit. And our WR corp wasn't that enticing.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
As a fan of football wow, having Peyton would be incredible, we'd probably be working on superbowl 2 right now. There's nothing to say we don't still get Russ also anyways. Peyton has always put bad teams on his back, he would have done himself a huge favor going to a run first team built around defense like the Hawks, especially with his choking rep.. I personally don't agree with that, I think the Colts just suck as a franchise and giving him talent. .. But now we are forced to re enforce the choker rep, such a bitter sweet moment doing it to such a class act. .. But (edit) jk, entirely sweet.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Hey would be watching the 49ers play in the SB from his hospital bed while dictating poetry to his assistant. Our I-line would get that guy killed.