Finishing Drives, TDs not FGs!!!!

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
I am pretty sure we are going to stick to our philosophy of running the ball and control the time of possession to try to keep Manning out of the field as much as possible. This formula proved to work by the Chargers a few weeks ago and their is no reason we cant do it either but there is things we must do for it to succeed. Besides the obvious of stopping Peyton from scoring alot which we all know is difficult, we must also finish drives. This has been a problem for us all season and it was real evident against the niners last week. We had several chances to punch it in the 4th quarter and we were unable to put the game away, it almost came back to bite us in the ass. We must score after long drives or else it is pretty pointless to stay on the field that long because field goals will not cut it to beat Manning. It also puts a tremendous amount of pressure on our D. The elite QBs like Manning are tough opponents but they can be beat if we are in their face all game. This game reminds me of the Patriots-Giants SBs. If we constantly disrupt manning and beat him up we will cause him to make mistakes and with a secondary like ours that will be great. We have plenty to beat them and if we play disciplined I am confident we will. Lets hope we dont get behind early but if we do we are going to have to take the reigns off of Wilson and Harvin and I am salivating on the thought of that happening too. Go Hawks!!!.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Against a team like the Broncs, gotta put up TD's obviously. Shoot, on Sunday, if they just punch in that TD when they had first and goal inside the 5 yard line, 10 point lead, game.
But, credit goes to the Niners D as well.

mikeak

Reaction score
If I see another run wide with Lynch in the redzone then I might break something

oh wait ALREADY DID

Largent80

Reaction score
We have an outstanding kicker in Haushka, and I have no problem with letting him put a grip of 3's on the board. Everything counts, especially with the defense we have.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Our Red Zone offense has definitely struggled lately. But I think this is more a product of playing a bunch of REALLY good defenses, rather than anything we're doing differently.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Yeah, settling for FGs rather than TDs against Peyton and the Broncos isn't gonna cut it. We have to be able to get into the endzone.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
We are better off taking some deep shots from the 30yd line. Wilson's height becomes a bigger issue in the red zone.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3qf8dpbc said:
We are better off taking some deep shots from the 30yd line. Wilson's height becomes a bigger issue in the red zone.
And so does our WR corps. I know Dougie wouldn't appreciate me saying it (LOL) but they do struggle at times getting separation. I would really like to see the TEs utilized a LOT more down there. Having a healthy Harvin would really help in the red zone too.