A little gold from an Eagles forum

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
I am a bit bevildered that our hawks are being so discounted and everyone predicting/ rooting for the broncos (thansk sherm, till love ya ;) ) so i looked around a little on other teams NFL boards to check the temperature. Found this:

dawkins4prez:

"If you don't like Seattle, then you're an old fart. This is the Buddy Ryan Eagles/'85 Bears reincarnated in an age that style of football has no business dominating in. They beat their chests like pro wrestlers, they fill the bulletin board on weekly basis and they beat the living bejeezus out of their opponents on sundays.

If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. "

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Borat.jpg

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
As an old Eagles fan, I agree. One of the reasons I love the way this guy plays. The Seahawks secondary are shades of that Eagles secondary when Eric Allen and Wes Hopkins were both healthy. I still remember comeback against the Redskins, September 17, 1989, in RFK, after spotting Washington a 20-0 lead. That defense just started hawking balls, Cunningham did his magic and ...

Well, this year's Hawks look a lot like those Eagles.

The Radish

Reaction score
If you don't like the Seahawks, go play fantasy football...with your wife. "

Now that's a funny quote.

:les:

chawx

Reaction score
This is what you get when the media force feeds fantasy football and stats over good, hard-nosed, manly football. As the late great George Carlin would say, "It the pussification" of football...

No excuses, no doubt, this is how God and the men who invented football intended for it to be played—like a team of warriors, battling for every yard, every inch, every play!

That Eagles fan is spot on and it really is a fascinating story that we've gotten where we are right now from a style of play that only purists of the game would enjoy, but of course, the media wants to talk about Forehead and his legacy, and Sherm and his mouth. :34853_doh:

CANHawk

Reaction score
Fantastic. That warms the heart. I totally agree. Fantasy football is a cancer that is slowly ruining football by making fans ignorant stat monkies.

OP
OP
S

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
CANHawk":nqtmetrv said:
Fantastic. That warms the heart. I totally agree. Fantasy football is a cancer that is slowly ruining football by making fans ignorant stat monkies.

With all due respect to the 394824890238490348903 .Netters who play fantasy football.. but THIS! Football is about what TEAM WINS THE GAME, not about what players can get the best stats.

Seeker

Reaction score
one beastmode interview and all of America will change its mind and cheer the hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":14g9ke26 said:

I played this as a kid...but I wore safety glasses. Hmph. :sarcasm_off:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Fantasy football is not ruining the game. Roger Goodell is.
LOL! I play FF and I am pretty damned good at it, however, when push comes to shove the biggest thing that matters every Sunday during the regular season is if the Hawks win.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":32v57oyi said:
Fantasy football is not ruining the game. Roger Goodell is.
LOL! I play FF and I am pretty damned good at it, however, when push comes to shove the biggest thing that matters every Sunday during the regular season is if the Hawks win.
Agreed.I don't play fantasy football because I'm truly only interested in the Seahawks not individual players but it can be a great gateway for casual fans to get interested in the game of football as a whole.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The style the Hawks play; and what it represents is the reason why if you injected me with truth serum I would admit to respecting the heck out of the 49ers and that they would probably be my favorite non-Seahawks team if they or we were in the AFC. Our nemesis is our evil twin; and it is a sustainable brand of football.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
That is pure gold. Concise and accurate. Great find.

As for FF, I don't know how it ruins other people but I've played for 12 years and found it to be a great way to understand other teams' players and systems better. It has added to my understanding of football, I think. I've been paying a lot more attention to our Hawks these past two years than my fantasy teams, but my all-Seahawk fantasy team got 2nd this season.

:)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Swedishhawkfan":1emsgi2u said:
CANHawk":1emsgi2u said:

With all due respect to the 394824890238490348903 .Netters who play fantasy football.. but THIS! Football is about what TEAM WINS THE GAME, not about what players can get the best stats.

I used to play until one day I accidentally cheered for a play against the 'Hawks. I stopped updating my roster for the rest of that season and I haven't played since. To each their own though.