Best article of the day!

OrFan

Reaction score
Garbage.

I'm sorry, but you have to have some fun in life. Why be a boring grump your whole life?

davidonmi

Reaction score
we are a young team, who's only getting used to winning. The peyton comparison is laughable, totally different circumstances

sainthawk29

Reaction score
Lost me when he said Ali won with class... There has never been a bigger trash talker in the history of sport.

KK84

Reaction score
sainthawk29":3fuplihr said:
Lost me when he said Ali won with class... There has never been a bigger trash talker in the history of sport.

Open palm. Apply to face.

Veilside

Reaction score
That was an amazing piece of writing. Word of advice, you have to at least read to halfway before giving up on it lol

edit* Nevermind people already ruined it. It definitely took me longer than it should have for me to figure it out. Once I got to mention of Ali I knew it was satire.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I appreciate people posting things that are important to them...

BUT

I skimmed it, and stoped when it said Jordan and Ali were gracious and won with class.

Excuse me?

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87062

Interestingly enough, there is a Jordan and Ali clip.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Lol...some of you don't understand satire at all. That was funny as hell

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Jesus do people even read anymore? The article was pure satire, and if you do actually read, not skim, the piece you'll appreciate it. Thanks for that link EC, it was pretty good.

kearly

Reaction score
Pretty ham handed as far as satire goes, would have been a better article if it had just made the case in a more straight forward academic manner. (IMO just as a general rule satire should be left to quick witted comedians who have perfected timing and subtlety.) The overly self-important opening salvo was a speed bump at the start, too.

My issues with the caliber of the writing aside, he's 100% right. Can't disagree with any of the meaning behind what he said. Everything Sherman did at the end of the game is just a part of what makes him great, and it's time people accept it.

I will admit, it took me a little while to detect the satire, mainly because fieldgulls past history has been conflicted and agenda driven to say the least. I've seen articles that were stone cold serious that said things more ridiculous than this and this was over the top satire, so there was a bit of a "boy who cried wolf" hesitation here as I read on and tried to gauge the intention.

OrFan

Reaction score
Ok, so I screwed up. I have been reading stuff like that all day and didn't even realize what it was. My bad.

I just figured some grumpy person who can't have fun in life.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Uncle Si":vfmyxmns said:
rjdriver":vfmyxmns said:
I appreciate people posting things that are important to them...

BUT

I skimmed it, and stoped when it said Jordan and Ali were gracious and won with class.

Excuse me?

See this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=87062

Interestingly enough, there is a Jordan and Ali clip.

The article was a joke...

Guess I should have actually read it....LOL

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Ah, this is hilarious. How many people stopped reading because they were fuming? The end is where it really made me laugh out loud. Kaepernick is the real hero? Hahahahaha! The Seahawks are an insult to "fans like me who casually watch them once or twice a year"? Priceless stuff!

KK84

Reaction score
taz291819":2jp7xquc said:
As soon as he talked about Cassius Clay, I knew it was satire.

Thanks for the link!

Yep. I heavily suspected satire before that, but as soon as I read the Cassius Clay bit I laughed hard, any doubt that it wasn't satire blown to bits.