Current Forecast for NY on Feb 2

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Interesting. Didn't realize they were far enough apart for the weather to be that different. Now sure which I'd prefer, the snow and rain or the slightly colder weather.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
Pretty sure weather forecasts 2 weeks out are just as accurate as the ones 1 week out. We'll *know* more the following Monday. ;)

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Considering that this game will commence at 6:30 EST, it certainly won't be played in the heat of the day, such as it is. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was near freezing with a windchill below 25°.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Why would that bode well for us? It's gets cold at mile high too so they should be used to it too.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I now live in Michigan and comparatively speaking 35 or 29 degrees is not that cold as far as winter temperatures are concerned.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
When the temperature is 32 degrees or colder at kickoff, Peyton Manning's career record is 4-7. That's a 36.4 winning percentage. In all other games -- meaning, warmer games -- his winning percentage is 69.3 percent (174-77). He played most of his career at Indianapolis, in a dome. Hence the enormous disparity between games in 32 degrees or colder (11) and all other games (151).

Manning's completion percentage in the cold is roughly 5 percentage points lower than his career rate, and his passing yardage is close to 50 yards per game below average.

In other words, since 1998 he has played what...11 games in 32 degree or colder...

According to ESPN today "This year's Super Bowl in East Rutherford, N.J. is expected to be colder. Super Bowl Sunday will feature a high of 37 degrees and a low of 25, with a possibility of rain and snow showers, according to the latest AccuWeather forecast."

Statistician Nate Silver went back 20 years to look at the chances of weather on Feb 2nd:
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_ ... owl-xlviii

He says that if he had to put, he would bet on wind, with a 31% chance of winds 15 Mph or higher.

Last year, on the same day, the temp was between 26 and 32 degrees in East Rutherford with 4 Mph winds.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not understand the weather talk myself. I have watched blizzard games on tv from Denver. Even when Manning played in Indy he played in snow. I just dont seenthis as an advantage for anyone.

Unless Denver can not run the ball well?

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
djb28":3hb22y6m said:
I do not understand the weather talk myself. I have watched blizzard games on tv from Denver. Even when Manning played in Indy he played in snow. I just dont seenthis as an advantage for anyone.

Unless Denver can not run the ball well?

Sure he's played in it. He just hasn't played well.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Speaking as an old bastard myself, I can honestly say the older I get the more I hate the cold! No mystery why an old, oft injured Louisiana boy might have a tough time in the cold.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think that's a Tennessee guy my friend.

Remember he told everyone he was staying his senior year to help them win a National Championship? And of course they didn't. But did the following year when he was gone. lol

Something his pissant father never got a sniff of.

:th2thumbs: