Who was it that Kam crushed last night and is there a .gif?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Couldn't see the 49er number from the 300 level. Another textbook, shoulder to chest freight train hit that jarred the ball loose on what was otherwise going to be a catch. Loved that there was no flag. Clinical play by Kam.

kidhawk

Reaction score
If it's the play I'm thinking of it was Vernon Davis.....later in the game, Davis kind of short armed a Kaep pass with Kam baring down on him.

Kakaww

Reaction score
Think it was Vernon, wasn't it? And yes, been wanting to see that replay/gif myself.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Wonder if Welker took notice that perhaps those hits across the middle work both ways

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yea it was 1st half I'm pretty sure, near the Seahawks sideline. The receiver had 2 hands on it and was about to "complete the catch" when Kam trucked him. The thing that I loved so much about it is that he has learned how lay enormous hits completely within the rules. There are a lot of guys you can't say that about.

OP
OP
Missing_Clink

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Thank you Hawkfan77. It is more glorious than I even thought. What a great play. I love Vernon Davis too. Poor guy, he is Kam's punching bag.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Davis again...mane he's gonna need counseling to get rid of the nightmares in the off season!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
After the play, you see VD walking away squinting his eyes just like he did after that first epic hit last year.

White Devil

Reaction score
Yea that was awesome and made VD basically ship his pants for the rest of the game. It also made Crabtree have alligator arms on a 3rd down pass a bit later in the game. Crabtree even had a smile on his face like "Yea, no thanks"

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
My initial thought was...Davis having old timey, black and white, flash backs of Kam blowing him up the last time.

Anyone have the .gif of Crabtree not wanting to catch a pass because he see Kam sizing him up. I can't for the love of me remember when it took place, but it further solidified what I think of that dude.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
kidhawk":2g6zkqz0 said:
Wonder if Welker took notice that perhaps those hits across the middle work both ways

I think Welker knows...

g4292b3b9.gif

Seeker

Reaction score
Was that the play that walter Thurmond scooped up and ran in the endzone but was mysteriously called forward progress?

Barakas

Reaction score
They called that an incomplete pass right? Sure looks like he caught the ball cleanly and took more than two steps when he got hit. I can't see from that angle if the ball was out before he hit the ground but makes me think that should have been a fumble.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Barakas":emmbzffo said:
They called that an incomplete pass right? Sure looks like he caught the ball cleanly and took more than two steps when he got hit. I can't see from that angle if the ball was out before he hit the ground but makes me think that should have been a fumble.

With the current rules, simply getting two steps isn't enough any more; he has to make a "football move". Despite the vagueness of the wording of the rule, the play was pretty much a textbook example of a play that would have been a completion + fumble with the old rules, but is incomplete with the current rules.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
kidhawk":o0et0d28 said:
If it's the play I'm thinking of it was Vernon Davis.....later in the game, Davis kind of short armed a Kaep pass with Kam baring down on him.

Yeah, it was Davis, but the later alligator-armed slant pass with Kam coming down that you're thinking of was Crabtree.