Bennett and Avril appreciation thread

seabowl

Reaction score
As the year has gone on these two have been huge contributors to our success. Bennett's relentless play and Avrils timely sacks and strips were the missing pieces to this D. Without them both we would not be here.

godawg

Reaction score
Resigning Bennett should be a huge priority.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
They are the biggest change from last year and the reason our defense elevated to historic levels.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HUGE reason for our #1 D status...Those boys are money MONEY!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Yup. 2 great players for us. Keeping Bennett should be priority number 1 and 2 this offseason in my opinion.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
They went out all season long and earned their pay checks. They became apart of the community, showin nothing but class along the way.

Mad props.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Fact: We would NOT be even close to the SB without these two guys. Harvin may have got all the off season pub, but Cliff and Michael are why we're in the SB.

btw, is Clemons even on this team anymore? I haven't heard his number called since the Thursday night game in Arizona.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Wasn't that like the third or fourth strip sack fumble recovery between those two? I love it.

Erebus

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t0n58c1 said:
Fact: We would NOT be even close to the SB without these two guys. Harvin may have got all the off season pub, but Cliff and Michael are why we're in the SB.

btw, is Clemons even on this team anymore? I haven't heard his number called since the Thursday night game in Arizona.

Yes, but I learned the hard way that when you question where he's been, you get ripped apart on this board.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":zj2vs0o9 said:
Fact: We would NOT be even close to the SB without these two guys. Harvin may have got all the off season pub, but Cliff and Michael are why we're in the SB.........
Agree with this.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I said last night that our only 2 sacks were by Bennett and Avril. Both forced fumbles too.

We probably don't win this game without them. I would say we for sure wouldn't have gotten to the SuperBowl without their contributions this year. Best signings of the offseason.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I've go to add: These guys need to be "starters". They deserved to have their names called in introductions last night

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Can't pay everybody unfortunately. John and Pete are going to have a difficult time figuring out where to spend the money.

Exittium

Reaction score
Avril and Bennett have been our best pass rush tandem we've had. I'd like to keep them. Prob get rid of Clemons tbh.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I expect to resign both of these guys ... extend Mebane ... possible extend or cut Clemons .. Big Red will have to take a pay cut or be cut .

Those are my predictions as well as what I would like to see happen.. Avril and Bennett are the future.