Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: ***SUPER BOWL EDITION***

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • seadoc30 wrote:So I've been living here in Denver for sometime now.. Today I was listening to a radio show receiving calls from from people about this game. And OMG!! It just amazing how confident they are. For get about tattoos, these people should already start printing their news papers and hang their banners as Champions! It was just amazing that how could any educated people be so ignorant and stupid. Not just the caller, but the host was ten times worst.

    According to them, L.Blount is equal if not better than Lynch. They stopped him so lynch shouldn't be a problem. Then the game is in the hands of RW, who according to them is absolutely horrible. And Our defense got torched by The Bucs, Titans, and Cardinals, so P.Manning might have a career day.

    It was just amazing. Especially the Host dissing our fans. Saying since we haven't won a SB yet, we should just shut up, look down and respect the Broncos literally.

    These people seem absolutely uneducated. They will be met with a HUGEEEE surprise on 2/2!

    is that true? the titans put up 6 offensive points and the cards got 7 on a fumble inside the 10 and a garbage time TD. They technically scored 6 offensive points as well.
    The bucs was a first half fluke, I put zero stock in that game
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • it's as if the seahawks are some 9-7 team who somehow made the superbowl on a complete fluke, earth to denver fans seattle had the harder path. We didn't get to face a 9-7 team and than a team who reached its end with injuries
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • Just forget the Broncos fans. They are no different than any other fans.
    They won't believe it until the game is played, win or lose, Denver will not have the success against the Hawks that they did NE. It will be much tougher. I don't care how many yards Manning has as long as the Hawks step up in the RedZone and keep the points off the board or to field goals.

    I think that the Hawks offense is going to be highly underestimated against the Denver defense. After what the Hawks have been through the last 7 weeks of the season the Denver defense better make some serious changes. The Hawks defense might not have to deal with Manning as much if the Hawks can grind out some clock. Iron on Iron the last month and Percy will play.

    I am starting to really like this matchup.
    The only concern I have and I mean only is that Bevell will get cute and pass even though Lynch is gaining yardage. 1/30/2015 - loaf
    User avatar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!
     
    Posts: 6208
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    Location: Lake Tapps, WA


  • First time poster...

    I've been reading and commenting on the orange mane forum all day.. I had the day off.. My name on there is Seattle1983.

    Some of those dudes are flat out ignorant... :shock:
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm


  • Scottemojo wrote:John T.

    Lets address your whatever whatever. Agreed, pre season means very, very little. Maybe a tiny bit of confidence for the guy who picked manning off, but nothing else.

    But...Your defense is MED-EEE-OHHH-KERRRRRR. Don't pretend you have good corners or safeties. Champ was healthy last year, how did that work out? Don't pretend your linebackers are really fast or all that good. Romo lit your ass up. Last year, he got us for 7. I know, apples and oranges, but your D sucks lemons. And maybe some other semi-round objects? So at home you beat the Pats who had shit all for weapons. Good on you. Have a THC loaded cookie.

    This game will be played on Turf, and ours is a faster team. In 3 of the only 4 SB matchups with the number 1 D vs the number 1 Offense, the number one D has won. At NY early in the year, when the weather was good, you gave up 23. Later, our squad gave up ZERO. Shit. Shinola. Nada. Zip. Not a gawdamm thing. In fact, the Giants crossed the 50 one time.

    Maybe you think your hurry up offense will be the real deal. Well, what if we shut that shit down and all you do is make your already slowish D stay on the field longer? Straight up, Seattle does not do gimmicks. Man up, Stand up. Run your rubs(picks), we will knock the shit out of those guys.

    You think our defense has never seen anything like your offense? Pick up the phone, call Drew Brees. He averaged 11 points a game vs our D. Whatever you think you will score, cut it in half.

    Thats fine, you can call our defense whatever you want. The secondary was especially bad in the beginning of the season with key players being gone through injury. (The Dallas game was horrible). But, we have played very good in defense in the last few games. Of course our defense is not good as the Seahawks, but we will keep the score down enough IMO that the Broncos will win this game. Containing or at least slowing down Lynch will be key. Although Russel Wilson has talent, we have played harder passing teams than the Seahawks.
    The real battlefield will be Mannings offense against the Seahawks defense. Expect Denver to run some and get 100+ yards with Moreno and Ball combination. Manning is a master at reading defenses and by gametime he will have studied your tendencies. The Broncos are masters at spreading out the field and using all available recievers. Primarily Demaryius Thomas, Welker, Decker, Julius Thomas, and to the RB-Moreno. We will methodically go down the field to get ourselves in scoring position. The Broncos key here will be to try to get TD's instead of getting stalled for a field goal. Usually, they are touchdowns. Good Luck! Its going to be a heck of a match and may the best team win! (Prediction Broncos 24-Sea-21)
    johntfootball
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 pm


  • loafoftatupu wrote:Just forget the Broncos fans. They are no different than any other fans.
    They won't believe it until the game is played, win or lose, Denver will not have the success against the Hawks that they did NE. It will be much tougher. I don't care how many yards Manning has as long as the Hawks step up in the RedZone and keep the points off the board or to field goals.

    I think that the Hawks offense is going to be highly underestimated against the Denver defense. After what the Hawks have been through the last 7 weeks of the season the Denver defense better make some serious changes. The Hawks defense might not have to deal with Manning as much if the Hawks can grind out some clock. Iron on Iron the last month and Percy will play.

    I am starting to really like this matchup.


    "Grinding out the clock" and keeping keeping the ball from Manning is a concept that has been tried. San Diego is the only one that succesfully used that strategy in our 2nd regular season game at home. It's funny how those inter-divisional games are so much harder to play than others, because that team knows us so well. That strategy didn't work in our first regular season game with SD. They killed more timeclock than us, but we won the game. That strategy didn't work at all in the SD playoff game.

    You are correct about concern in the Red Zone. Denver's goal is to try to avoid getting stopped in the Red Zone for only field goals and to get TDs instead.
    It will be a good matchup and I'm looking forward to it.
    johntfootball
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:35 pm


  • They better figure a way to get pressure on RW, because he'll pick you apart with the best of them if given time. What you've seen in the last weeks of the season is Seattle going up against top defenses with great pass rush and ability to seal the edges containing him.. You must be able to do this if not, it's going to be a long day for your defense, not to mention contending with lynch and turbin... oh and Percy.....
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4598
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • hawker84 wrote:They better figure a way to get pressure on RW, because he'll pick you apart with the best of them if given time. What you've seen in the last weeks of the season is Seattle going up against top defenses with great pass rush and ability to seal the edges containing him.. You must be able to do this if not, it's going to be a long day for your defense, not to mention contending with lynch and turbin... oh and Percy.....


    Exactly!
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1152
    Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm


  • I really didn't think it could get any worse then the Niners fans until the I checked out Black and Gold a couple weeks ago. Saints fans basically leave you speechless. Today I realized neither of these fan bases hold a candle to OrangeMane. These guys are hilarious. My favorite quote so far regarding Percy Harvin.

    "Well Harvin hasn't really played all season with the Seahawks, last week he tried to play against the 49ers and when he got hit the first time it rattled him big time."

    "I don't think he is 100%... so let him play, give him a good love tap and I bet he stays on the sidelines like last week."
    RCATES
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 459
    Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 am


  • I've been keenly aware of opposing fans' ignorance of our Seahawks all year. About halfway through the season I was saying, "Just wait until we get to the Super Bowl; there are going to be LOTS of people scratching their heads." The info is out there, we shared the NFL's best regular season record this year playing in the toughest division, we were in the playoffs last year... so it's a result of pure willful ignorance.

    Unless, maybe their internets don't work on pages that say things like Seattle has one of the top five pass defenses of the last 64 years.

    (that link is very stat heavy, FYI)

    We at .NET can recognize that this game features not just the best O and Best D of 2013/14, but two of the best units in history. Why can't others?

    Hawknballs wrote:seriously thats the best you could do as far as a site name? Orange mane?


    LOL. Nothing says dominant football and fanatical fans like the neck hair of a horse. :D
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2417
    Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:30 pm
    Location: Over There


  • Polaris wrote:
    johntfootball wrote:
    Polaris wrote:You may want to remind our Bronco "friends" that we did play each other in pre-season and both teams and both coaches played the game for keeps (Peyton Manning played the entire first half).

    Seattle won that game and it wasn't particularly close.

    Now, I will grant that a lot of time has passed since then, but we already have some idea of how the teams do in fact match up with each other, and those matchups favor Seattle (esp in an outside game).


    Pre-season games are strictly to evaluate talent and are to run very vanilla plays. Why does the score mean anything in that game?


    You are wrong. Pre-season games are there to evaluate talent true, but they are also there to provide training for your personelle in real game sitautions, and BOTH Coach Fox and Coach Carroll treated the first half of the pre-season game as a "live game" and played to win. Peyton Manning played the entire first half.

    What that means is that the preseason game gives us some very good insight into how each team matches up with the others. Even Coach Fox alluded to this (and emphatically did NOT say that the preseason game was meaningless).


    You keep saying that Manning played the entire first half.

    He didn't. He left halfway through the 2nd quarter. And during that time, he led one TD drive and another that would have resulted in a TD had the Broncos RB not fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone for Browner to return.

    People acting as if the score disparity in our preseason game should indicate that we should blow the Broncos out are delusional. And while the preseason game demonstrated Seattle's penchant for forcing turnovers, we didn't really contain Manning himself much at all.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • volsunghawk wrote:You keep saying that Manning played the entire first half.

    He didn't. He left halfway through the 2nd quarter. And during that time, he led one TD drive and another that would have resulted in a TD had the Broncos RB not fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone for Browner to return.


    I will stand corrected then, but he sure played most of the first half (and I am not the only one mistaken then). However, I am dead right about all the other things I said including both coaches playing the game to win and going all out. Peyton Manning did as well (go back and look).

    As for the second TD, if my Aunt had gonads she'd be my uncle. You seem to think that fumbles just happen but watching Avril should disabuse any Seattle fan of that notion. This defense FORCES turnovers.

    People acting as if the score disparity in our preseason game should indicate that we should blow the Broncos out are delusional. And while the preseason game demonstrated Seattle's penchant for forcing turnovers, we didn't really contain Manning himself much at all.


    At what point did I say that this game would be a blowout? The first half wasn't a blowout as you correctly noted. I did say based on the preseason game that I liked Seattle's chances and the matchup.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2055
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • Polaris wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:You keep saying that Manning played the entire first half.

    He didn't. He left halfway through the 2nd quarter. And during that time, he led one TD drive and another that would have resulted in a TD had the Broncos RB not fumbled at the 1 and into the endzone for Browner to return.


    I will stand corrected then, but he sure played most of the first half (and I am not the only one mistaken then). However, I am dead right about all the other things I said including both coaches playing the game to win and going all out. Peyton Manning did as well (go back and look).

    As for the second TD, if my Aunt had gonads she'd be my uncle. You seem to think that fumbles just happen but watching Avril should disabuse any Seattle fan of that notion. This defense FORCES turnovers.


    I "seem to think that fumbles just happen" when I specified in the post you QUOTED that Seattle has a penchant for FORCING turnovers? :roll:

    The point I was making is that while you were insisting - incorrectly - that Manning played the entire first half (implying that we shut HIM down), Manning actually played pretty damn well while he was in, and the result didn't show in the score due to other factors.

    Polaris wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:People acting as if the score disparity in our preseason game should indicate that we should blow the Broncos out are delusional. And while the preseason game demonstrated Seattle's penchant for forcing turnovers, we didn't really contain Manning himself much at all.


    At what point did I say that this game would be a blowout? The first half wasn't a blowout as you correctly noted. I did say based on the preseason game that I liked Seattle's chances and the matchup.


    I said "people." Not "you." If you haven't noticed, there ARE people here acting as if this will be a cakewalk. I like Seattle's chances, too, and I think they'll win. But I think that it will be a much closer game than some here (again, not YOU) are thinking.
    Image

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    User avatar
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 8860
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:20 am
    Location: Right outside Richard Sherman's house


  • HawkAroundTheClock wrote:
    Hawknballs wrote:seriously thats the best you could do as far as a site name? Orange mane?


    LOL. Nothing says dominant football and fanatical fans like the neck hair of a horse. :D

    More like Orange MANGE. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    User avatar
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4063
    Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 am


  • I give up on these dudes. They have no fricken clue what they're talking about or what they're getting ready to face... this one took the cake for me:

    Yes it sure has been a crazy season. I was getting scared there a few times, but man we some how have a new player step in, and play great.

    For sure an advantage for the Broncos. I mean did Seattle overcome anything? Not really, in fact they didn't even have the amount of injuries as we had.


    Wow we haven't faced any adversity?

    how bout our best pass rusher out first four weeks
    how bout our stud linebacker out first 4 weeks
    how bout our starting corners out 4 weeks / browner then suspended rest of the season
    don't even get me started on our offensive line injuries
    how bout our superstar reciever out all season
    both stud linebackers missing several games wright missing the divisonal round

    I mean give me a break. have these knuckleheads ever heard of google, bing? we've faced nothing but adversity week in and week out all season and still are...
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4598
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • So many parts I'd quote but it would go forever..Anyway I was also stumped at that Sea/Den being similar..More so on how he can be a fan of both(a first to me)..That part where we are supposed to be like
    KC-ha ha ..One thing I like is Peyton can't run out of trouble like Kap and I see us causing plenty of trouble..Beastmode with be on..It won't be a blowout but we will win..
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    User avatar
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4048
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:42 pm


  • For starters Wilson is *nothing* like Alex Smith other than they both will tend to avoid the big mistake.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2055
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • Originally Posted by rst08tierney
    Either way Peytons grilling up a 40 burger on these guys
    I agree! That defense can be had, and their offense is nothing compared to the ones from SD and NE that we just shut down.


    Now this is what I am talking about. A post on their site. These Denver people are so stupid and seem like they got introduced to football just recently. Our defense can be had. Yea, it was the CFL, not the NFL, we led in defensive Yards, points, TOs, rushing stats, etc. Also, when did SD and NEs offense become good? The only decent stats they had was because of playing pathetic AFC teams. Let them play the NFCW defenses, they would be doormats to our division.
    seadoc30
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 204
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:04 am


  • seadoc30 wrote:Originally Posted by rst08tierney
    Either way Peytons grilling up a 40 burger on these guys
    I agree! That defense can be had, and their offense is nothing compared to the ones from SD and NE that we just shut down.


    Now this is what I am talking about. A post on their site. These Denver people are so stupid and seem like they got introduced to football just recently. Our defense can be had. Yea, it was the CFL, not the NFL, we led in defensive Yards, points, TOs, rushing stats, etc. Also, when did SD and NEs offense become good? The only decent stats they had was because of playing pathetic AFC teams. Let them play the NFCW defenses, they would be doormats to our division.

    right now offenses that don't put up 30-40 points are considered bad. The fact we play ball control, and deliberately limit mistakes is hard for them to accept.
    And the defense can be had comment is ignorant. What takes u to that conclusion?
    We led in points against and it wasn't even close, plus we gave up a bunch of garbage time TD's to AZ, MIN, 2 to JAX, ATL and STL.
    In moments that matter we are giving up probably 12 points per game, and are playing the best right now.
    Anyone who thinks the Broncos walk up and down the field is flat out delusional. That's like us saying we'll hold them to 17 or under, just not happening
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... -vs-Wilson

    UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

    I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.


    Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

    In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

    Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


  • lsheldon wrote:Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... -vs-Wilson

    UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

    I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.


    Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

    In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

    Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.

    for f*ck sake can people stop judging russell based on passing yards, this is a run first offense that specifically avoids turnovers and plays conservative. Our offense isn't supposed to put up 4,000 passing yards and 40 TD.
    This team isn't built to win the statsheet, it's not a fantasy football team.
    Passing yards is an incredibly weak argument.
    In this offense wilson should be judged on completion %, passer rating, INT's, and maybe Y/A.
    When people say this offense sucks because of passing yardage they do realize wilson is top 5 in Y/A, and top 10 in passer rating
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • davidonmi wrote:
    lsheldon wrote:Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... -vs-Wilson

    UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

    I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.


    Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

    In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

    Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.

    for f*ck sake can people stop judging russell based on passing yards, this is a run first offense that specifically avoids turnovers and plays conservative. Our offense isn't supposed to put up 4,000 passing yards and 40 TD.
    This team isn't built to win the statsheet, it's not a fantasy football team.
    Passing yards is an incredibly weak argument.
    In this offense wilson should be judged on completion %, passer rating, INT's, and maybe Y/A.
    When people say this offense sucks because of passing yardage they do realize wilson is top 5 in Y/A, and top 10 in passer rating


    Yup and with the D and run game Sea all season never truly "opened it up."

    But when Russell is asked to he has the second most come from behind victories in the NFL.

    add the Washington and Atlanta game to that and the dude can be just flat special.

    it will be a close game.

    It's why Harvin is so important....
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4671
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


  • lsheldon wrote:Couple of interesting tidbits from the denverbroncos.com forum. First guy is being realistic, other guy cant see past his Manning man crush and thinks everything hinges on huge passing numbers. unfortunately, most of the posters there are as delusional as the second guy. Fun reading though if you need a laugh.

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... -vs-Wilson

    UnitedinOrange: Thing is, we are judging Wilson's threat level based on his last couple games (although end of the regular season wasn't great either), but he definitely has had some stellar games this years where's the thrown for 300 yds, multiple TDs, no INTs, high completion rate. Like against the Saints, who had an elite pass D this year.

    I'd still rather he be forced to beat us than Lynch, but I think people are underestimating Wilson based on recent performance vs. the longer body of work.


    Papa-pwn: Longer body of work? He's averaged 210 yards and 1.6 TDs a game this year. People are underestimating him because he averages numbers like that. Numbers that people would expect are numbers for just this recent bad stretch, but instead include his good games as well. Scary, for Hawks fans, to think that he's been averaging even worse numbers than that lately.

    In the last 6 games he's thrown for over 200 yards twice. He's also failed to reach 110 yards twice in that span. In those six games he's averaging 169 yards passing per game at 6.98YPA and 0.8 TDs. People aren't underrating him, he is average on his best days, and right now he's playing well below average.

    Sure he's a nice guy, and a great leader, and can run pretty fast, but when it comes to pure QB play he is not exactly a huge threat.


    Somebody needs to take a statistics class. Or maybe not, because even common sense would say if you are averaging worse than your average lately you had to be averaging more than your average before that for your average to be what it is. That and they need to go take a look at the defensive chart somebody posted in another thread. There is a very good reason he trended down at the end of the year.
    I used to be Bitter.
    User avatar
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1411
    Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:38 pm


  • Fact: Broncos receivers drop passes nearly twice as often as Seahawks receivers.

    Fact: The NFL passing yardage leader has never won the Superbowl. Ever.

    Fact: With all the talk about the Seahawks' offensive struggles down the stretch, nobody is talking about the fact that their defense has also improved down the stretch, allowing only 13 points per game over their last eight games (14.4 ppg season average).

    Fact: On that same topic, the Seahawks offense ranks #9 in weighted DVOA.

    Fact: The Broncos' top three games in terms of offensive yardage were played in stadiums with grass fields. Uncertain footing favors the offense. On the flip side, two of their three losses were played in stadiums with fieldturf. Metlife is fieldturf.
    User avatar
    Mindsink
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 358
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am


  • Oh my god...I have never seen a bigger group of over confident fans. All of their message boards are a giant circle jerk on how much better the Broncos are in every aspect.

    I have learned that:

    Seattle's Secondary is way overrated
    Lynch has no chance against the best run defense in the league
    Wilson so little of a threat it is barely worth talking about
    Denver played a top 10 offense and defense in every game this season
    Seattle has not played against an decent quarterback all season long
    Seattle literally doesn't have any receivers (they are just decoys for the running game)
    The Saints completely outplayed us 2 weeks ago and we were lucky to win
    Whatever the weather is it will be to Denver's advantage
    Denver will have a home field advantage because Eli Manning plays there
    The Broncos will win my the largest margin in Superbowl history since they are on the losing end of the current record
    Seattle has not faced a receiver as good as Denver's since the preseason (I assume against Denver?)
    Seattle won't be able to hold Denver to scoring just field goals like we did against NO and SF (not sure what they mean since NO/SF had a grand total of 1)
    Seattle fans are delusional

    I thought Saints and 49er fans were bad...Bronco fans make them seem completely unbiased.
    Last edited by andyh64000 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 656
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am


  • No niner fans are every bit as bad, the homerism appears to be spreading rapidly. Next year we'll have raider fans on here talking smack.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4598
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • out of the fanbases this year three really stand out
    Whiniest: Saints
    Most arrogant/annoying: SF
    Most delusional: DEN
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • I think this is my favorite post so far:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... vely/page6

    "Honestly the Seahawks defense is highly overrated. The only reason they are being touted as having a great D is because the NFC's offense are weak as hell compare to the AFC. Also they are ONLY really good at HOMEFIELD. On the road they are mediocre at best and their offense sucks at scoring. A lot of their scores came from the Defensive side. Their QB Wilson is a low rated QB and is overated at best. I doubt he can even score a touchdown in the superbowl.

    Trust me guys. This is going to be onesided. The Denver D is running in full cylinder and will likely sack Wilson 10 times in the Superbowl. The Seahawks O line has never seen a D like this in the playoffs.

    And Manning is going to carve up the Seahawks D like butter. Expect a blowout.

    FINAL RESULT: BRONCOS 49 Seahawks 10 (td likely from Lynch since Wilson can't score)"
    User avatar
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 656
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am


  • andyh64000 wrote:I think this is my favorite post so far:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... vely/page6

    "Honestly the Seahawks defense is highly overrated. The only reason they are being touted as having a great D is because the NFC's offense are weak as hell compare to the AFC. Also they are ONLY really good at HOMEFIELD. On the road they are mediocre at best and their offense sucks at scoring. A lot of their scores came from the Defensive side. Their QB Wilson is a low rated QB and is overated at best. I doubt he can even score a touchdown in the superbowl.

    Trust me guys. This is going to be onesided. The Denver D is running in full cylinder and will likely sack Wilson 10 times in the Superbowl. The Seahawks O line has never seen a D like this in the playoffs.

    And Manning is going to carve up the Seahawks D like butter. Expect a blowout.

    FINAL RESULT: BRONCOS 49 Seahawks 10 (td likely from Lynch since Wilson can't score)"

    I would chalk that up to a delusional fan (everyone has them) but this seems to be popular among them on that board.
    This team has the exact same record than Denver in a better conference.
    And the only reason the NFC offenses suck is cause the NFC actually plays defense
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • andyh64000 wrote:I think this is my favorite post so far:

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... vely/page6

    "Honestly the Seahawks defense is highly overrated. The only reason they are being touted as having a great D is because the NFC's offense are weak as hell compare to the AFC. Also they are ONLY really good at HOMEFIELD. On the road they are mediocre at best and their offense sucks at scoring. A lot of their scores came from the Defensive side. Their QB Wilson is a low rated QB and is overated at best. I doubt he can even score a touchdown in the superbowl.

    Trust me guys. This is going to be onesided. The Denver D is running in full cylinder and will likely sack Wilson 10 times in the Superbowl. The Seahawks O line has never seen a D like this in the playoffs.

    And Manning is going to carve up the Seahawks D like butter. Expect a blowout.

    FINAL RESULT: BRONCOS 49 Seahawks 10 (td likely from Lynch since Wilson can't score)"


    WOW! Just WOW! Someone is in for a rude awakening when Wes Welker is out there looking on the turf for his teeth ... and Russell Wilson has just burned them for a 50 yard bomb to Percy Harvin.
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 2142
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


  • God help me, I love the donkey fans. Whenever your'e down they are always good for a pick me up laugh....

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... eld-hoopla

    Nuts4koi: The leadership of the Broncos will hold the hoopla in check for the players that have never experienced anything like this. I don't think the squaks will be so lucky. They have a pretty young team, a very young and mostly inexperienced QB, and a college coach that thinks he's going to play the Rose Bowl. They don't have a clue and it will affect them negatively.

    tonray: You know it is funny you said that because as I watched the Niners vs the Hawks after the Broncos-Pats game, I got a sense that the latter game was much more like a college game than a pro game. Not saying they are not pro quality teams but they seem to lack a discipline that was evident with all the wild scrambling and wild chucks down the field vs the calculated risks that both Manning and Brady work with. The Hawks should score on some crazy wild plays but eventually a calm and collected Broncos offense with Manning should wear them down in the end.
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


  • lsheldon wrote:God help me, I love the donkey fans. Whenever your'e down they are always good for a pick me up laugh....

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... eld-hoopla

    Nuts4koi: The leadership of the Broncos will hold the hoopla in check for the players that have never experienced anything like this. I don't think the squaks will be so lucky. They have a pretty young team, a very young and mostly inexperienced QB, and a college coach that thinks he's going to play the Rose Bowl. They don't have a clue and it will affect them negatively.

    tonray: You know it is funny you said that because as I watched the Niners vs the Hawks after the Broncos-Pats game, I got a sense that the latter game was much more like a college game than a pro game. Not saying they are not pro quality teams but they seem to lack a discipline that was evident with all the wild scrambling and wild chucks down the field vs the calculated risks that both Manning and Brady work with. The Hawks should score on some crazy wild plays but eventually a calm and collected Broncos offense with Manning should wear them down in the end.


    OMG. The Boncos are in for such a rude awakening in less than ten days........
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2055
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am



  • wow, just wow. Those outfits
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • Jesus, I can't even find ONE unbiased, non-delusional Broncos fan on any of those boards! People should quote the knowledgeable Broncos fans (if there even are any) and post it on here. I would, but I've tried and I just can't find any.
    "I'm better at life than you." -Richard Sherman
    "The separation is in the preparation" -Russell Wilson
    User avatar
    OreIdahawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 115
    Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 3:06 pm
    Location: Ontario, Oregon


  • An unusual article from KCKK, Denver's sports radio station. Those call letters are telling!

    http://milehighsports.com/2014/01/24/ri ... superbowl/



    "1. Always protect the team; 2. No whining, no complaining, no excuses; 3. Be early".
    Three rules: 1. Always protect the team; 2. No whining, no complaining, no excuses; 3. Be early.
    JetcityHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 5
    Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:46 am


  • Your defense will be dealing with this all day next sunday, Good luck with that....

    http://vimeo.com/22704382
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4598
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


  • lsheldon wrote:God help me, I love the donkey fans. Whenever your'e down they are always good for a pick me up laugh....

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... eld-hoopla

    Nuts4koi: The leadership of the Broncos will hold the hoopla in check for the players that have never experienced anything like this. I don't think the squaks will be so lucky. They have a pretty young team, a very young and mostly inexperienced QB, and a college coach that thinks he's going to play the Rose Bowl. They don't have a clue and it will affect them negatively.

    tonray: You know it is funny you said that because as I watched the Niners vs the Hawks after the Broncos-Pats game, I got a sense that the latter game was much more like a college game than a pro game. Not saying they are not pro quality teams but they seem to lack a discipline that was evident with all the wild scrambling and wild chucks down the field vs the calculated risks that both Manning and Brady work with. The Hawks should score on some crazy wild plays but eventually a calm and collected Broncos offense with Manning should wear them down in the end.


    Hmmm ... what happened last time the Seahawks faced the Patriots? I don't quite remember. Oh yeah, that wild scrambling undisciplined QB did this ...

    http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlight-Wilson-to-Rice-for-the-game-winner/a9a34e29-7a5e-4395-85c0-217aacf90481
    User avatar
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 2142
    Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
    Location: Middle of Nowhere, Washington


  • Hawkscanner wrote:
    lsheldon wrote:God help me, I love the donkey fans. Whenever your'e down they are always good for a pick me up laugh....

    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthr ... eld-hoopla

    Nuts4koi: The leadership of the Broncos will hold the hoopla in check for the players that have never experienced anything like this. I don't think the squaks will be so lucky. They have a pretty young team, a very young and mostly inexperienced QB, and a college coach that thinks he's going to play the Rose Bowl. They don't have a clue and it will affect them negatively.

    tonray: You know it is funny you said that because as I watched the Niners vs the Hawks after the Broncos-Pats game, I got a sense that the latter game was much more like a college game than a pro game. Not saying they are not pro quality teams but they seem to lack a discipline that was evident with all the wild scrambling and wild chucks down the field vs the calculated risks that both Manning and Brady work with. The Hawks should score on some crazy wild plays but eventually a calm and collected Broncos offense with Manning should wear them down in the end.


    Hmmm ... what happened last time the Seahawks faced the Patriots? I don't quite remember. Oh yeah, that wild scrambling undisciplined QB did this ...

    http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlight-Wilson-to-Rice-for-the-game-winner/a9a34e29-7a5e-4395-85c0-217aacf90481


    What they are seeing is intensity and athleticism. I don't blame them for being confused, they just haven't seen any yet this year.
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA



  • Are you people kidding me?? Really? Your cracking jokes about fans who dress up for the game and love the broncos? I could look up any picture of Seattle fans and find the same picture. Some of you guys seriously need to stop acting like your always better at everything. Especially since we have suffered more in recent history then the Seahawks have
    Crash123go
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 19
    Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am


  • Crash123go wrote:Are you people kidding me?? Really? Your cracking jokes about fans who dress up for the game and love the broncos? I could look up any picture of Seattle fans and find the same picture. Some of you guys seriously need to stop acting like your always better at everything. Especially since we have suffered more in recent history then the Seahawks have

    Well damn. I wasnt aware you suffered through Jim Mora Jr.
    Image
    User avatar
    tubbs51
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 321
    Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:10 pm
    Location: Spokane, Washington


  • Crash123go wrote:Are you people kidding me?? Really? Your cracking jokes about fans who dress up for the game and love the broncos? I could look up any picture of Seattle fans and find the same picture. Some of you guys seriously need to stop acting like your always better at everything. Especially since we have suffered more in recent history then the Seahawks have


    You do know the Broncos won two superbowls in the last 15 years right?
    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not." - Yoda
    WarHawks
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 89
    Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:35 pm


  • I could never be a Donkey fan. Orange is just too, orange... Something about that color drives me nuts.
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


  • You do realize that they work and live up there without enough oxygen to properly supply their brains, right?
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 6599
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • Crash123go wrote:Are you people kidding me?? Really? Your cracking jokes about fans who dress up for the game and love the broncos? I could look up any picture of Seattle fans and find the same picture. Some of you guys seriously need to stop acting like your always better at everything. Especially since we have suffered more in recent history then the Seahawks have

    I'll take your 2 SB's in exchange for your recent "suffering" anyday
    User avatar
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2452
    Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:20 pm


  • GeekHawk wrote:Whaddaya mean, the hate has faded? The hate still runs strong in this one!


    Yeah... as an old time Bronco fan, I miss the old days of Seattle in our division. But I tell you what, I sure don't miss that Kingdome at all. You guys were so loud in one of our games, the ceiling tiles started falling off.

    It's been weird not having you in the AFC anymore. Kinda odd really, but this fan sure remembers those days and there is still a part of this Bronco fan that still has that memory and somewhat hatred as you say.
    Broncomaniac69
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 pm


  • Broncomaniac69 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Whaddaya mean, the hate has faded? The hate still runs strong in this one!


    Yeah... as an old time Bronco fan, I miss the old days of Seattle in our division. But I tell you what, I sure don't miss that Kingdome at all. You guys were so loud in one of our games, the ceiling tiles started falling off.

    It's been weird not having you in the AFC anymore. Kinda odd really, but this fan sure remembers those days and there is still a part of this Bronco fan that still has that memory and somewhat hatred as you say.


    Yeah, a part of me misses all the old AFC West rivalries. But it's been 15 years, and we've settled in to our new rivalries, and I like them. I've hated the 49ers from way back when DeBartelo Jr. just bought Championships ala the New York Yankees (by FAR my most hated MLB team, of course). Now we can crush their dreams directly. I like that.
    Image
    "Tackling is an attitude. You have to want to." Kam Chancellor

    RIP Les
    :les:
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 3596
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


  • BlueThunder wrote:
    Broncomaniac69 wrote:
    GeekHawk wrote:Whaddaya mean, the hate has faded? The hate still runs strong in this one!


    Yeah... as an old time Bronco fan, I miss the old days of Seattle in our division. But I tell you what, I sure don't miss that Kingdome at all. You guys were so loud in one of our games, the ceiling tiles started falling off.

    It's been weird not having you in the AFC anymore. Kinda odd really, but this fan sure remembers those days and there is still a part of this Bronco fan that still has that memory and somewhat hatred as you say.


    Yeah, a part of me misses all the old AFC West rivalries. But it's been 15 years, and we've settled in to our new rivalries, and I like them. I've hated the 49ers from way back when DeBartelo Jr. just bought Championships ala the New York Yankees (by FAR my most hated MLB team, of course). Now we can crush their dreams directly. I like that.


    The only team I really hate in your division is SF. The others are whatever since we rarely see or play them.

    That 55-10 ass beating we got in a Super Bowl still sticks out with us. So we are all aboard your hate train when it comes to the 49er's.
    Broncomaniac69
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 14
    Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:24 pm


  • The only team I ever hated when Seattle was in the AFC West was Oakland. Davis is a D-Bag as were most of his players. I couldn't have cared less about SF then at all, didn't hate them and didn't love them. Now, it is definitely the 40-Whiners that get the hate and it's a toss up between the fans and the players.
    Image
    R.I.P. Cortez
    User avatar
    lsheldon
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1166
    Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:04 pm
    Location: Everett WA


PreviousNext


It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information