J.R Sweezy and "the blade"/Iupati=missing link

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Not sure if these topics have been discussed but I watched an NFL network excerpt last night regarding Sweez & Iupati that I found interesting--keep in mind I was in a k hole at time of viewing.

1) Talked about Sweezy being the epitome of a dirty player with his "blade" aka chop block antics--referenced the molesting of Joe Staley's ankle in week 2 as a result of this felonious behavior. Inferred there was blood in the water, in the eyes of Santa Clara, and the hawx should watch their ass. Don't ever recall this being discussed way back then.

2) Talked about Iupati essentally being the weakest link for Santa Clara. Showed a ton of footage of this guy getting turn styled (reminded me of Seahawks OT Kyle Williams circa 2008)--exploitation of his gentleman could ultimately lead to Santa Clara's demise (thought Krapperdik had that covered?)

Anyone else see this? Thoughts?

Go Hawks

drdiags

Reaction score
Nope, missed it. But why would Sweezy be blocking Staley? Cannot figure out how a RG is blocking an opponent's LT. Maybe you meant Justin Smith? Or maybe the Williams guy that got IR'd from Sweezy's cut block?

OP
OP
TalontedNoseRider

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
drdiags":evvd8fvw said:
Nope, missed it. But why would Sweezy be blocking Staley? Cannot figure out how a RG is blocking an opponent's LT.

Wish i had a link of the video....That's the blade at work...

davidonmi

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":3mj0twgs said:
Not sure if these topics have been discussed but I watched an NFL network excerpt last night regarding Sweez & Iupati that I found interesting--keep in mind I was in a k hole at time of viewing.

1) Talked about Sweezy being the epitome of a dirty player with his "blade" aka chop block antics--referenced the molesting of Joe Staley's ankle in week 2 as a result of this felonious behavior. Inferred there was blood in the water, in the eyes of Santa Clara, and the hawx should watch their ass. Don't ever recall this being discussed way back then.

2) Talked about Iupati essentally being the weakest link for Santa Clara. Showed a ton of footage of this guy getting turn styled (reminded me of Seahawks OT Kyle Williams circa 2008)--exploitation of his gentleman could ultimately lead to Santa Clara's demise (thought Krapperdik had that covered?)

Go Hawks
staley is the SF OT, you probably mean Ian Williams the guy who's ACL was torn in week 2.
I think the Sweezy "dirty" label is a bit harsh but he definitely throws his body around in ways the could be seen that way.
Speaking of interior lineman for SF I think they may have their hands full with Mebane

OP
OP
TalontedNoseRider

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
davidonmi":3ku99qyh said:
TalontedNoseRider":3ku99qyh said:

Go Hawks
staley is the SF OT, you probably mean Ian Williams the guy who's ACL was torn in week 2.
I think the Sweezy "dirty" label is a bit harsh but he definitely throws his body around in ways the could be seen that way.
Speaking of interior lineman for SF I think they may have their hands full with Mebane

My mistake, you are indeed correct--brain farts :cry: