Atmosphere in downtown Seattle today

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
It was unreal. For the 12s who don't live in the area or are outside of Seattle, you would be proud of the level of Seahawks fever in town today, and really the last few weeks. My wife and I went downtown to do some shopping today, and Hawks gear was EVERYWHERE. Even the Nordstrom employees were wearing Hawks gear. Every building you look at is plastered with "12"s and signs. Cars driving down the street with 12 flags...there is an energy in this city that is hard to describe.

There were a lot of Niners fans coming from a rally in Pioneer Square, and I'm sure they thought they had power in numbers, but they were greatly outnumbered by the Hawks fans on every block. I also saw Vernon Davis walking through a department store, and more than a few snarky comments went his way (though nothing disrespectful).

To top it off, I ran into Kenny Mayne on the way back to my car. All I could think to say was "Go Hawks!" as I walked by. He simply smiled and said "yup."

I wish I was going to the game tomorrow, but I spent too much to get into the Saints game. For those of you that are going, get there as early as possible and soak it in. It's gonna be an amazing experience.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
YES get there early get your snacks and whatever else and get ready to scream your lungs out

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":1yjk69qo said:
I wish I was going to the game tomorrow, but I spent too much to get into the Saints game. For those of you that are going, get there as early as possible and soak it in. It's gonna be an amazing experience.

You should have saved your money for this Sunday! It should be 50% better and louder! :shock:

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":6lskb7wk said:
Yoonhawk":6lskb7wk said:

You should have saved your money for this Sunday! It should be 50% better and louder! :shock:

The team needed us last week, or we might not be happening this week... It was an important game for everyone that was there, and weathered the rain and wind... It could be louder this game, but everyone better clear their throats and get ready to blast... And, of course it's the Championship, so the importance just took a leap... We 12's were there last week, and I'm sure we'll be there just as loud and proud as we've been getting this far... GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
Yoonhawk

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1ubxof6s said:
Yoonhawk":1ubxof6s said:

To be honest, my friend and I went down to SoDo before the game without any tickets, just to try our luck. We were able to get tickets on the 50 yard line, second row right behind the Saints' bench for just $150 each--we really lucked out. I think people were bailing because of the stormy weather. I don't think anyone is getting into tomorrow's game (unless they already have tix) for less than $350!