First Post - Russell has got this

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Hello 12th man, I have been lurking on your board since the start of last season. I am a huge college football fan specifically for my Alma Mater Wisconsin and because of this I am a die hard Russell Wilson fan. I found this board last year when it was announced he would become a starter for your Sea Hawks I wanted to see what your fans thought about him. When the Flynn Wilson debate was raging last year when the Hawks were 4-4 I kept saying to myself just wait Russell will reward your patience. I realize now that looks easy to say but at the time I understood why all of you had your doubts. I watched him complete one of the most amazing regular seasons I had ever seen at his time at Wisconsin and I knew he would succeed eventually in the NFL.

He should have played in the national championship game that year if it weren't for our terrible Hail Mary defense but I digress. The thing that most impressed me besides his numbers was his clutchness. So many times that year he brought us back from huge deficits. You all witnessed that last year in particular the NFC championship game and it was an amazing thing to watch. Unfortunately again his defense let him down but the most amazing thing is Russell didn't think twice about it. Even after all the heartbreaking losses he suffered at Wisconsin as well, he moved on and was ready for the next challenge. Most of this you all have heard before and are probably sick of. He will not let you loose tomorrow he will deliver. Even if he has another sub par game in the end if the game is on the line he will find a way.

I also want to say I have fallen hard for the rest of your team. I realize its easy to say that when you guys have been winning you could call me a band wagoner. I loved watching Real Rob Reports last year and get a kick out of the personalities on your team. From Mike Rob, to chop chop, to of course Sherman who honestly has to be one of the smartest and funniest people in all the league. I just don't get why other people hate him unless your a ninner fan. People don't get that a lot of his stuff is an act he is in on the joke and he backs it up with great play. The way you guys play defense is just a joy to watch. I consider myself a full blown hawk fan now. Got my Russell Jersey and will be glued white knuckled to my tv tomorrow. I realize I have not suffered like you in the past and don't have the stripes yet but I hope one day I can earn it.

GOOOO HAWKS!!!!!!!

scakfan

Reaction score
I concur with your assessment. Having also attended college in Wisconsin I was very pleased at the Hawks draft pick of him. Wilson will bring on game day.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
"Have Faith, We Will Be Rewarded For Our Patience"

Sounds like instructions to half of .net :D

TruHammer07

Reaction score
I agree wholeheartedly .. Except there is no other phrase which inspires less confidence than "I got this"

Shock2k

Reaction score
No such thing as a bandwagon, anyone with a wilingness to be a Seahawks fan is a fan to me. Welcome aboard this sweet a$$ train.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Shock2k":3ietnsvy said:
No such thing as a bandwagon, anyone with a willingness to be a Seahawks fan is a fan to me. Welcome aboard this sweet a$$ train.

Webster's New World Dictionary seems to disagree......

"To support or shift one's support to a party, cause or enterprise that appears likely to win or succeed."

Never-the-less, this Seahawks Forum is wide open to new members and hope that they will post frequently and stick around after the "parties over".

Jay-Dog

Reaction score
Nice intro. Welcome. Now, plan on going to a live game at Seahawks stadium (clink) or at least attend a road game and you will really get hooked. Power house of fun. I feel you earned your stripes when you picked the Hawks.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
stonewallj799":27c45q4g said:
Hello 12th man, I have been lurking on your board since the start of last season. I am a huge college football fan specifically for my Alma Mater Wisconsin and because of this I am a die hard Russell Wilson fan. I found this board last year when it was announced he would become a starter for your Sea Hawks I wanted to see what your fans thought about him. When the Flynn Wilson debate was raging last year when the Hawks were 4-4 I kept saying to myself just wait Russell will reward your patience. I realize now that looks easy to say but at the time I understood why all of you had your doubts. I watched him complete one of the most amazing regular seasons I had ever seen at his time at Wisconsin and I knew he would succeed eventually in the NFL.

He should have played in the national championship game that year if it weren't for our terrible Hail Mary defense but I digress. The thing that most impressed me besides his numbers was his clutchness. So many times that year he brought us back from huge deficits. You all witnessed that last year in particular the NFC championship game and it was an amazing thing to watch. Unfortunately again his defense let him down but the most amazing thing is Russell didn't think twice about it. Even after all the heartbreaking losses he suffered at Wisconsin as well, he moved on and was ready for the next challenge. Most of this you all have heard before and are probably sick of. He will not let you loose tomorrow he will deliver. Even if he has another sub par game in the end if the game is on the line he will find a way.

I also want to say I have fallen hard for the rest of your team. I realize its easy to say that when you guys have been winning you could call me a band wagoner. I loved watching Real Rob Reports last year and get a kick out of the personalities on your team. From Mike Rob, to chop chop, to of course Sherman who honestly has to be one of the smartest and funniest people in all the league. I just don't get why other people hate him unless your a ninner fan. People don't get that a lot of his stuff is an act he is in on the joke and he backs it up with great play. The way you guys play defense is just a joy to watch. I consider myself a full blown hawk fan now. Got my Russell Jersey and will be glued white knuckled to my tv tomorrow. I realize I have not suffered like you in the past and don't have the stripes yet but I hope one day I can earn it.

GOOOO HAWKS!!!!!!!

I'm a newby myself. I love the Badgers for two reasons.

First, I'm a K-State grad, and former coach Bielma came from our tree.

Second, when the Badgers beat UCLA in the 1999 Rose Bowl, I had just moved to Los Angeles and met a lot of swell Wisconsinites partying here. I'll never forget when a snow storm prevented them from returning home, so they were all standing on Hermosa Beach in their red sweatshirts smiling at the waves.

OP
OP
stonewallj799

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Thanks guys appreciate the sentiment. Storyteller that sounds about right. I am guessing those badger fans where enjoying the warm weather and drinking a bit. We do tend to have a reputation for Partying :thirishdrinkers: . Can't say I haven't helped fuel that rep but we are very friendly and will drink with anyone. I plan on visiting Seattle soon hopefully next year for a game. Would be amazing I am sure.

Got a great feeling about today.

OP
OP
stonewallj799

stonewallj799

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha. That is freaking hilarious. I got this indeed says Wilbur.