Crazy things you've done as a diehard fan

Silverhawk5

Reaction score
Die hard hawk fan for 30 years (I'm 35). I rarely if ever miss games. I had my hand forced into attending a season opener Chargers game with a bunch of guys who are big bears fans. 1pm game, same as the Hawks. Chargers vs Bears, Hawks were in Tampa. I nervously sat through the first quarter watching the scoreboard for updates. Chargers faithful start in on the guys I'm with, talking smack. At this point I'm irritated that I'm in a second rate stadium, watching a second rate team, listening to second rate fans talk second rate smack but mostly I was pissed that I was missing the Seahawks game.

2nd quarter rolls around, we've got a couple of real pieces of work around us that seem to be having more fun antagonizing bears fans than watching the game. Then it dawns on me, if I get these guys backs, I might get a ticket out of here and can be bellied up to the bar watching the seahawks by halftime. Soooo, I start firing back on these guys as if I give a donkeys ass about the Bears. The guy in the row in front of me stands up and starts getting really animated. I calmly lift my beer and pour it on his head. This leads to pandamonium! Tempers flair. I've got a pack of wild eyed Chargers fans ready to kill a guy they assume is a Bears fan. I'm promptly surrounded by security and asked to leave the game. Bingo!

I jump in a cab for the nearest sports bar and watch our beloved Hawks roll to their first win of many. Best part is, I'm a hero with the Chicago guys who pick me up after the game. I'm not proud of what I've done or the man I've become but a guys gotta do what s guys gotta do. That. and i love when a good plan comes together.

Anyone else have any crazy stories of sacrifice or debauchery in the name of our beloved Hawks? Lets hear em?

hangumhi

Reaction score
Just had thyroid removed 7 hours ago to remove cancer. Still in hospital but had to get mind off pain. My wife tells me that as they were wheeling me down the hall after giving me a relaxing med prior to surgery I was shouting at the top of my lungs GO HAWKS all the way down the hall.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Well, the Seahawks losing the playoff game @ Green Bay like six years ago did result in me having to wear full facial makeup for a day at work, and paying for Olive Garden. It was all fun & games at work, but being out in public...Not so much... :oops:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
hangumhi":2yjea5oo said:
Just had thyroid removed 7 hours ago to remove cancer. Still in hospital but had to get mind off pain. My wife tells me that as they were wheeling me down the hall after giving me a relaxing med prior to surgery I was shouting at the top of my lungs GO HAWKS all the way down the hall.

This just happened right now?? Holy moly.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Bought my girlfriend a Lynch jersey, a Seahawks scarf, and a North Face coat to keep her cozy on our first "real" date, and her first ever Seahawks football game on Sunday.

What luck she has. First game = NFC Championship. She's lucky I have known her for over 20 years. :)

OP
OP
S

Silverhawk5

Reaction score
Here's to a hawk win in route to a quick recovery Hangumhi.

Cheers!

seadoc30

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":z7pcf3zv said:
Bought my girlfriend a Lynch jersey, a Seahawks scarf, and a North Face coat to keep her cozy on our first "real" date, and her first ever Seahawks football game on Sunday.

What luck she has. First game = NFC Championship. She's lucky I have known her for over 20 years. :)

That's one expensive first date man!

OP
OP
S

Silverhawk5

Reaction score
What a great first date! Hopefully there's a lot of "lucky" going around.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
She better be screaming her lungs out. EVERYONE at the Stadium better be mute for a few hours after the game haha. I wish I could go up there but its just too expensive for me nowadays. Ive been to 5 games total though and win or lose it has always been a blast :thirishdrinkers:

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Not a biggie, but my best pal and I couldn't wait for the opening of Seahawk Stadium as it was being built/completed. So on a mutual day off he headed from Tacoma and I from Arlington and we walked aound and around the stadium until we saw a door slightly ajar. Of course we snuck in for our own short tour.

Sac

Reaction score
I've been booed by THOUSANDS of Niner fans at training camp while I walked from one end of the field to the other along the sidelines to find my seat. All while wearing a Seahawks Julian Petersen jersey. The niners stopped running plays while the crowd was booing.