There is no doubt in my mind Harvin plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabowl

Reaction score
Does anyone here actually think Harvin does not play? I just do not see him not suiting up this weekend. He did not look all "that out of it" after the 2 hits last weekend and just think they are playing it safe by not outwardly saying he is not yet cleared to play. I would bet the Niners are preparing as though he will definitely be in there come Sunday. Thoughts?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
So far this season, if it can go wrong for Harvin it has gone wrong for Harvin. I don't expect to see him out there. We will see if he practices today though.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
It is entirely in the hands of the doctors. He has to pass tests. If he can't pass them, he doesn't play. Who was the player this year who suffered a concussion in a game, but we only found out about it on the Monday after the game. I remember him missing the next game because of the concussion. (I believe it was Unger, but can't remember for sure.)

Seahawk772002

Reaction score
It would be gross negligence if there was no preparation and just plain negligence if they prepared based on his short time with Seattle.

If they are serious, they review what he did in Minny to earn the contract he has earned.

seadoc30

Reaction score
I doubt he will play. Never good news when it comes to Percy. Plus, most probably he'll be out of the game the first time he gets tackled.

mikeak

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":my7a04y7 said:
VinceDee":my7a04y7 said:
It's not up to him. Period.

Up to him to pass the tests. I would say its completely up to him. Period.

No

Baseline tests are compared to current tests and Doctors make the decision. When they decide it will become public almost immediately

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
If he hasn't been ruled out by now, I think the odds are tilting in his favor to play. There is "cleared to play" and then there is "ruled out". Neither has occurred. If he's made it to Friday without being ruled out, can we assume he's passing all of the protocol stages? There's always the chance the doctors have said no, and the team is withholding his status, but given the stage, you have to think they are taking every precaution necessary to help him recover, and to make sure he can pass each stage without issue.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
CrimsonWazzu":2p0lqtzy said:
If he hasn't been ruled out by now, I think the odds are tilting in his favor to play. There is "cleared to play" and then there is "ruled out". Neither has occurred. If he's made it to Friday without being ruled out, can we assume he's passing all of the protocol stages? There's always the chance the doctors have said no, and the team is withholding his status, but given the stage, you have to think they are taking every precaution necessary to help him recover, and to make sure he can pass each stage without issue.

I don't think it works that way. I don't think a decision NOT being made is in any way a good sign. Simply because they he has to pass those test and currently he hasn't passed them or else he would have practiced either Wednesday or Thursday.

However, it was tweeted by an NFL doctor that, a lot of players pass the tests on Friday and are cleared to play on SAT, so there is a chance he passes today and can still play Sunday. though I'm not sure I'd hold my breathe.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
mikeak":3j9imqt4 said:
ImTheScientist":3j9imqt4 said:
VinceDee":3j9imqt4 said:

No

Baseline tests are compared to current tests and Doctors make the decision. When they decide it will become public almost immediately

Percy's body must not belong to him. :34853_doh:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":37wdh8b7 said:
mikeak":37wdh8b7 said:
ImTheScientist":37wdh8b7 said:
VinceDee":37wdh8b7 said:

No

Percy's body must not belong to him. :34853_doh:

His body does. The decision doesn't.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think both points are right. It obviously is in the doctors hands but their decisions are based at least in part, to how he answers questions.

I'm leaning towards him being out. I feel bad for him. He looked incredible against the Saints and I hated seeing Payton hi-fiving his players after the first hit.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Brock and Danny just said he's still not been cleared. Not looking good (for Percy).

Dtowers

Reaction score
Pete Carroll said Harvin didn't clear test this morning. Means he is out.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Dtowers":94k7q397 said:
Pete Carroll said Harvin didn't clear test this morning. Means he is out.

Well the game must be today then right? Still got 2/12 more days to go. I would not be surprised that they are keeping his health under wraps and he is a go come Sunday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.