NBC SPORTS picks niners to cruise

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wow, only Prisco picks the Hawks? That is really going to mess with the emotions of a lot of people on here

Polaris

Reaction score
Seeker":ireufuql said:
picked san fran 8 - 1 (only priscoe picks seattle)
we stand no chance because we lost once at home after two years to Arizona,
so you know, we are a push over
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/features/w ... pert/picks

1. That's CBS

2. That's against the number. If you look at the "staight up" picks, all but two pick the 'hawks. One that didn't is the usual suspect Beech.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
my bad, this is against the spread. different straight up.

OP
OP
Seeker

Seeker

Reaction score
dang it you typed faster than me, I was tryna put that. yeah I clicked straight up and it was a lot closer.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
You're looking at the spread betting. If you click on 'Straight Up' picks, it's 6-2 in favour of Seattle.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
That's pretty stunning. But if I have to choose between talking heads and people that are putting their hard-earned money down, I'm gonna go with the Vegas 3.5 Seahawks line every time. ALWAYS take betting odds over so-called "experts".

Polaris

Reaction score
BlueThunder":135vcm8w said:
That's pretty stunning. But if I have to choose between talking heads and people that are putting their hard-earned money down, I'm gonna go with the Vegas 3.5 Seahawks line every time. ALWAYS take betting odds over so-called "experts".

Not only that but the "professional" money has been on Seattle. The 'insider/professional' money doesn't think that 3.5 is enough for Seattle's homefield advantage, but San Fran (along with Dallas) is one of those "public" teams who will get a lot of money thrown at them because they are San Fran. The line accounts for this.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
We have come so far this year are we still at all concerned about what anyone else thinks about this game? These are 2 damn good teams and it will come down to who plays the best and who gets a few lucky breaks.

I would not bet money on this game and I will not be surprised no matter who wins.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1517palu said:
I would not bet money on this game and I will not be surprised no matter who wins.

Yup. It comes down to only two possible outcomes for us Seahawks fans:

Either...

1. unbridled euphoria :240039: :thirishdrinkers: :179417: :229031_cheers: :moon.: :kool-aid: :fam: :chug: :229031_thewave: :jd:

or

2. The depths of hell :34853_doh: :evil: :pukeface: :177692: :229031_shrug: :angry017: :cussing: :Dunno: :frown: :eek:hwell2: :waah: :jd: :jd: :jd:

Nickel

Reaction score
It's definitely not as one-sided as some articles might try to make it out to be. This game could quite honestly be a lot better than the Super Bowl itself. These teams are by far the two toughest kids on the block, and I won't be surprised by anything I see on Sunday.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is one of those weeks where if you like Seattle, you probably should either buy a point or take the money line. That hook may kill you.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2stq9tdf said:
This is one of those weeks where if you like Seattle, you probably should either buy a point or take the money line. That hook may kill you.

If I had to advise (for entertainment purposes only), if you like Seattle (and esp if you think it will go somewhat like the other two games in Seattle), I would take the OVER.

39 points is a very low point total.

There are one of three ways this game is likely to go:

1. Seattle blowout (or substantial win)
2. Close win by Seattle
3. Close win by San Fran

I don't see a San Fran blowout by any measure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Polaris":1ezcgshu said:
Hasselbeck":1ezcgshu said:

If I had to advise (for entertainment purposes only), if you like Seattle (and esp if you think it will go somewhat like the other two games in Seattle), I would take the OVER.

39 points is a very low point total.

There are one of three ways this game is likely to go:

1. Seattle blowout (or substantial win)
2. Close win by Seattle
3. Close win by San Fran

I don't see a San Fran blowout by any measure.

I wouldn't touch the over personally. In a blowout, I still don't see the total going over 39. And you're basically banking on both sides being in the 20's .. which I can't really buy either.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Whether SF +3.5 or Seattle - 3.5, the winner of such games cover the spread 75% of the time. So whether they know it or not, in making such a prediction, they are giving the 9ers a 75% chance of winning this game (outright). I would like to pose this stat to them, then ask them again who they think will cover (?). I'd bet several would change their prediction and would subsequently...GO HAWKS!

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g9xtft8 said:
I wouldn't touch the over personally. In a blowout, I still don't see the total going over 39. And you're basically banking on both sides being in the 20's .. which I can't really buy either.

To each their own, but 39 is a very low total. I think we all agree that if Seattle gets 20 (or more) points in this game, then Seattle wins. If you think it won't be a blowout, then by all means try to buy the point or bet it straight up.

OTOH, if you think that the game will get out of hand and that San Fran gets a TD or even two or a TD+FG then the over is quite possible. The New Orleans game was a stout defensive game but the point total was 38.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Polaris":29atfl76 said:
Hasselbeck":29atfl76 said:

To each their own, but 39 is a very low total. I think we all agree that if Seattle gets 20 (or more) points in this game, then Seattle wins. If you think it won't be a blowout, then by all means try to buy the point or bet it straight up.

OTOH, if you think that the game will get out of hand and that San Fran gets a TD or even two or a TD+FG then the over is quite possible. The New Orleans game was a stout defensive game but the point total was 38.

Well.. as an example.. the Week 2 blowout still only hit 32 total points.

I can see this game being a 20-17 type game.. 24-14.. etc. Would be very surprised if both offenses scored over 20.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Seeker":32qsijze said:
my bad, this is against the spread. different straight up.
Funny the local bookie can't get anyone to pick the hawks around my area . I know him well he gonna take a bath in money when the hawks win

Polaris

Reaction score
HawkWow":2xsj48eq said:
Whether SF +3.5 or Seattle - 3.5, the winner of such games cover the spread 75% of the time. So whether they know it or not, in making such a prediction, they are giving the 9ers a 75% chance of winning this game (outright). I would like to pose this stat to them, then ask them again who they think will cover (?). I'd bet several would change their prediction and would subsequently...GO HAWKS!

Bwah? It's true that if you have a line of 3.5 points then the winner will cover the spread 75% of the time. [It's worth noting that Seattle actually won against the spread vs San Fran in San Fran.] However, that doesn't mean Vegas is predicting that San Fran will win 75% of the time.

Near as I can tell, it means that Vegas is expecting Seattle to win about 55% of the time or so.

formido

Reaction score
Even just against the spread those picks are stupid.

"Ed Salmons, head football oddsmaker at the LVH SuperBook, is convinced the point spread on the NFC Championship Game is short. "

http://linemakers.sportingnews.com/nfl/ ... es-weather

Seattle has beat the spread against SF at least the last 3 times in a row and Seattle just capped the second year in row with the best record in the NFL against the spread. Vegas typically underrates Seattle. It's worse against SF with all that money and franchise fame.

Latest posts