The offense is dying for a spark yet Cmike sits idle

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he's the next most dynamic guy we have and we can't find way to get him involved at all? I dont need him to block, I need him to catch a screen pass, line up wide or carry the ball once in a while. He must really have screwed up bad to be this deep in Pete's dog house.

sutz

Reaction score
You're assuming he's in the dog house, when I'd say he hasn't really been needed yet.

Not sold on the 'need a spark' meme, either.

:229031_shrug:

Pstark3

Reaction score
And yet Turbin is getting carries

whyyyyyyy

edit: he did have that one 30 yard run that got called back for holding. i'll give him that

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
................and there's our weekly Christine thread. A bit late this week actually.

I'd love to see the kid too folks and I am, like many here, frustrated that a 2nd round pick was expended on a guy that has barely seen the field (one game, J'ville IIRC). None the less, I don't think Pete leaves him on the bench/inactive if he thought he could help us win. Pete does not seem like the kind of coach that has much in the way of hidden agendas.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pstark3":2j279kuw said:
And yet Turbin is getting carries

whyyyyyyy

edit: he did have that one 30 yard run that got called back for holding. i'll give him that

There really isn't much new to the Christine Michael discussion since the last couple threads about it.

Being a RB in this system is more complicated than simply who is a better at a power run play. Pete has explained it when asked.
You're only allowed 46 active players and something needs to give.

There really is nothing more to it until Pete is asked or reveals more.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No freakin way is this the time to debut Michael as some sort of secret weapon. A guy they think wasn't ready all year is somehow not going to screw up when the stakes are way higher? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

General Manager

Reaction score
I think it's really a mistake that Pete doesn't have this guy ready to play right now.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I'm thinkin' ... and I'm just spitballing it here ... a RB is a volitile player, one wrong twist, one fateful tackle and our leading rusher could be injured(or back up / Turbin) and we are in big BIG trouble. Especially considering our passing targets. Suddenly CMike becomes a vital element to our game. Our future whether it the NFCCG or SB.

PC may have been llooking way way down the road with this acquisition.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I hate to say it but there's always next season. I don't think we will be seeing him again this season unless something were to happen to the Beast. Ware's in the dog house too with his recent (alleged) DUI and IR status. I think its less of an issue of not hitting on the draft picks, and more of an issue that we have simply been at the pointy end of the standings all season. Not many opportunities for these young guys to get involved.

sutz

Reaction score
When you're as good as we are, 2d round picks have no guarantee of making the squad, let alone the field.

I never quite got the whole "wasted draft pick" mindset. It's always a crap shoot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
sutz":741kim5z said:
When you're as good as we are, 2d round picks have no guarantee of making the squad, let alone the field.

I never quite got the whole "wasted draft pick" mindset. It's always a crap shoot.

If he did hit the field more, certain fans would assume Lynch was in the doghouse because he wasn't getting as many touches.

sutz

Reaction score
Basis4day":243fmtxy said:
sutz":243fmtxy said:

If he did hit the field more, certain fans would assume Lynch was in the doghouse because he wasn't getting as many touches.
Yeah, which is what they said a few games ago when Turbs got so many carries. :)

I just figured they were saving Marshawn for the playoffs.

hawker84

Reaction score
Was there a problem with the run game last week, against a top ranked defense no less? weren't they like #2 against the run? Wondering why this is even a topic right now when we have much bigger issues at hand..

cacksman

Reaction score
This thread after Lynch goes for 140?

I'd consider it if the run game struggled again last week.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
cacksman":xfeeuoq9 said:
This thread after Lynch goes for 140?

I'd consider it if the run game struggled again last week.

This was my thought. Don't forget the 2 TDs and Marshawn's continued domination against Frisco. This is the exact wrong week to 'give him a break'.

Seeker

Reaction score
Turbo did pretty good actually this game, both in protection and on his runs. He gives lynch good runs.

JUST DON'T LET HIM RETURN KICKS.