Kaepernicks worried/panicked looking face in both home games

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Largent80 wrote:Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

    The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

    Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.


    There is a pressure in the expectation to win, when the team has every advantage. Do you not agree?
    Lonely feeling deep inside
    Find a corner where I can hide
    Silent footsteps crowding me
    Sudden darkness but I can see
    User avatar
    Bluesbro
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm


  • Bluesbro wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

    The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

    Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.


    There is a pressure in the expectation to win, when the team has every advantage. Do you not agree?


    If you believe the national talking heads, the team that has "every advantage" is San Fran.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1335
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • Bluesbro wrote:Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth.


    The level of a QB's ability based on a Wonderlic score is a myth. So Russ has a 28. Drew Brees? 28. Peyton Manning? 28. Phillip Rivers? 30. John Elway? 29. Brett Favre? 22. Dan Marino? 15. And let's not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick and his high score...a lot of good it's doing him. It's a decent metric in its own right, but it's still flawed.
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1316
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: Oak Harbor, WA


  • No worries. Kaepernick will have his Beats headphones implanted in his helmet this time to help take him to his happy place.
    TXHawkFan
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 93
    Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 pm


  • Polaris wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

    The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

    Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.


    I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

    I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.


    Honestly, I think we (as fans) are acting a little too scared of Arizona of late. Yes, Seattle's offense was putrid that game, and yes it was a rare home loss. What I think a lot of us are forgetting is just how many bad breaks went Arizona's way to even allow this to happen....and it wasn't a game that Seattle really needed (and frankly they played like it).

    In short, I think the Arizona game was a bit of an anomaly and should be regarded as such.


    I guess we'll find out. But this is the first time we've played a defense of Arizona's caliber that can cage rush and force Russell and our WR's to get off press cover and make plays downfield.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I guess we'll find out. But this is the first time we've played a defense of Arizona's caliber that can cage rush and force Russell and our WR's to get off press cover and make plays downfield.


    Actually (going by DVOA) Arizona's defense was better (in fact much better) than San Fran's defense.
    Polaris
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1335
    Joined: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:19 am


  • In the end, it is just a football game. I like the fact our team has played the same defense for every game, each player knows his job and how to back up the next guy, that takes a lot of pressure off. While in turn it applies pressure to the opposing team.

    Seattle is playing at home, and hasn't won a trophy yet. I think they are loose and confident, and that pressure is something for people to talk about.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23792
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • Polaris wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:I guess we'll find out. But this is the first time we've played a defense of Arizona's caliber that can cage rush and force Russell and our WR's to get off press cover and make plays downfield.


    Actually (going by DVOA) Arizona's defense was better (in fact much better) than San Fran's defense.


    Both are VERY good defenses, so I'm not going to split hairs.

    My hope with this game is Pete and Darrell let Russell come out and make plays with his arm, and not get into trying to win a 10-7 game. The margin of error is just too thin and like I said with the Arizona game fluky things can happen that cause us to lose.

    If Pete trusts Russell, I mean REALLY trusts him.........the damn it take the conservative chains off him and let's go win this thing 24-7, not 10-7.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3217
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • 253hawk wrote:
    Bluesbro wrote:Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth.


    The level of a QB's ability based on a Wonderlic score is a myth. So Russ has a 28. Drew Brees? 28. Peyton Manning? 28. Phillip Rivers? 30. John Elway? 29. Brett Favre? 22. Dan Marino? 15. And let's not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick and his high score...a lot of good it's doing him. It's a decent metric in its own right, but it's still flawed.


    Andrew Luck had a 37 too btw. And I never said the Wondelic was the deciding factor in a QB. Just responding to the consistently wrong belief that he is dumb, based solely on appearance and monotone pressers. The Wondelic measure more than 'book smarts' though. Cut and paste below.

    By measuring an individual’s ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and understand instructions, these student cognitive ability tests help you select students and place them in compatible training programs where they are most likely to succeed.

    Those look like attributes that define a QB to me. Certainly athletic ability and having a strong team around you helps ... both of which Kaepernick and Wilson have benefited from.

    Anyway, can't wait until Sunday. Cheers for the NFC BEST!
    Lonely feeling deep inside
    Find a corner where I can hide
    Silent footsteps crowding me
    Sudden darkness but I can see
    User avatar
    Bluesbro
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm


  • John elway looked panicked every snap he ever played.

    Looked.
    Kaiser
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 316
    Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:42 am


  • Bluesbro wrote:
    253hawk wrote:
    Bluesbro wrote:Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth.


    The level of a QB's ability based on a Wonderlic score is a myth. So Russ has a 28. Drew Brees? 28. Peyton Manning? 28. Phillip Rivers? 30. John Elway? 29. Brett Favre? 22. Dan Marino? 15. And let's not forget Ryan Fitzpatrick and his high score...a lot of good it's doing him. It's a decent metric in its own right, but it's still flawed.


    Andrew Luck had a 37 too btw. And I never said the Wondelic was the deciding factor in a QB. Just responding to the consistently wrong belief that he is dumb, based solely on appearance and monotone pressers. The Wondelic measure more than 'book smarts' though. Cut and paste below.

    By measuring an individual’s ability to learn, adapt, solve problems and understand instructions, these student cognitive ability tests help you select students and place them in compatible training programs where they are most likely to succeed.

    Those look like attributes that define a QB to me. Certainly athletic ability and having a strong team around you helps ... both of which Kaepernick and Wilson have benefited from.

    Anyway, can't wait until Sunday. Cheers for the NFC BEST!


    Wonderlic: Marino 13, Fitzpatrick 45.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    User avatar
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am


  • Scott ... Mario has a quick release, a rifle arm and two great wide outs to start his career. Fitz had none of those skills, and the Bills. If you had read what I typed, I was not citing the Wondelic scores to say who was the better QB ... just who is not dumb, as he is consistently portrayed.

    For what it is worth, I like the Seahawks and Wilson in particular. The only Seahawk I can't stand is Richard 'glorified practice' Sherman. I realize it is his schtick, but he is entirely unlikeable. And if Seattle wins, I will be rooting for them to win the SB ... especially if it is the Patriots from the AFC. I wonder how many fans on this board would say the same thing if the 49ers win this weekend?
    Lonely feeling deep inside
    Find a corner where I can hide
    Silent footsteps crowding me
    Sudden darkness but I can see
    User avatar
    Bluesbro
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 16
    Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:53 pm


  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

    The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

    Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.


    I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

    I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.


    And yet in that very game RW completed only 8 passes, and now somehow we are in peril?.......Not buying it.

    Not only that but our DEFENSE is perfectly capable of scoring. Couple that with the team racking up the most yards on the ground is 8-0 in the last 8 games between the 2 teams.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23792
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • Bluesbro wrote:All the pressure is on Seattle. Favorite all year, in the Seahawks yard with the 12th man. If the 49ers lose, well, they were underdogs anyway. But if the Hawks lose ... they will have lost when they had every advantage (home field throughout, the bye). There is something to say about the 'nothing to lose' scenario.


    "Nothing to lose" is theme of The Mighty Ducks. Jim Harbaugh is not Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Willis is not a plump pre-pubescent goalie. Granted, I haven't seen a photo of him lately, but that would come as some surprise to me.

    There seems to be a transitional disconnect between Seattle being a provisional Vegas Favorite and your personal definition of "pressure." Seattle has the home-field advantage, yes, but if San Francisco truly thinks of themselves as an Elite team, then the burden of consistently performing at that level comes with that territory. We're talking, of course, about a team that was only one game back from their third straight NFC West title. A team that is now in its third straight NFC Championship Game. A team that is 41-13-1 through the last three full seasons. A talented team helmed by a proven coach.

    A team that attempted to remind the city of Seattle - via a malfunctioning billboard - of their five Super Bowl titles won a generation ago.

    Add to that the fact that the 49ers have fallen short of their own expectations (i.e. a Super Bowl Victory) in their previous two attempts. Pressure comes with all these factors, regardless of what a tournament seeding says.

    Honestly: in the NFL playoffs, everyone feels pressure. I doubt Sean Payton was of the conceit that "Oh well! We gave it our best shot! We had nothing to lose, fellas!" when the game was over. I can tell you right now that Gordon Bombay Jim Harbaugh sure as hell won't float that nonsense in the locker room after the game, should they lose.
    Last edited by Our Man in Chicago on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Seahawks fan since Topps 1985.
    User avatar
    Our Man in Chicago
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 316
    Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:16 pm


  • TXHawkFan wrote:No worries. Kaepernick will have his Beats headphones implanted in his helmet this time to help take him to his happy place.


    Yea but that usually ends with discharged firearms and knife wounds! :twisted:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8478
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


  • RolandDeschain wrote:You're all welcome. :)


    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x600q90/405/kaep3.png[img]

    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/735x630q90/221/kaep4.png[img]

    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/602x631q90/803/kaep5.png[img]

    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/417x631q90/96/kaep2.png[img]

    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/588x631q90/805/kaep1.png[img]

    [img]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/485x631q90/402/kaep6.png[img]


    Absolutely priceless progression of facial expressions.
    User avatar
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2238
    Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am


  • Wonderlic, huh? All I know right now is that Russell hasn't crumbled at SF and that Kaep has crumbled twice at SEA. Not saying he won't lock it down better Sunday, esp with Crabtree back, but right now playing in our house is the challenge he hasn't surmounted yet.

    Man I'm so excited for Sunday.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4941
    Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:08 pm




It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:57 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information