Kaepernicks worried/panicked looking face in both home games

Xarbx425

Reaction score
So… would love some insight from you guys. I went and watched the two Sea-49ers games that were at the clink and it was just glaringly obvious that Kaepernick was rattled.

He had this… panicked/worried look on his face on several snaps. I read somewhere that Kaepernick like to audible quite a bit… and we all know audible are very tough to pull off in Seattle.

I wonder how they’ll handle the noise at the line this time around.

JonRud

Reaction score
to me this is the key to the game. Kaep is no genius and I think the insane crowd noise really rattles him.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
We need to get a takeaway and a score early. Otherwise we're going to be seeing that playful happy CK we all hate to see on TV>

Largent80

Reaction score
I would be scared too trying to get around our defense. I thought he looked more composed at the game in September, but he IS scared at the Clink, it is Known.

Their gameplan will be to run, and on passing downs.....1 read....throw it or run.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Niner offense depends on a lot of "check with me" and audibles on the line. These are virtually impossible in the Clink. What I find amazing is that this was the case last year too, and the Niners have never adjusted.

This is a big reason the Niners fail in the Clink.

Seeker

Reaction score
Not only does Kaep love to audible but the niners take forever to go to the line. it is a very complex scheme.

Bluesbro

Reaction score
JonRud":6ydjg9h4 said:
to me this is the key to the game. Kaep is no genius and I think the insane crowd noise really rattles him.

Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth. People see tats and a sideways hat and jump to a stereotype. You have to be better than that.

He has literally twice as much experience as the last time he played in Seattle. He is 3-0 in road games in the playoffs in a young career. No doubt his biggest problems have come when playing in Seattle. Can he and the 49ers learn from that or is it in their head? The next test of that is Sunday. It is all about how you are playing at the time regarding the playoffs, and the 49ers are playing their best football all year. The last two games have all been about turnovers. If it is a clean game by both teams it should be a close game.

All the pressure is on Seattle. Favorite all year, in the Seahawks yard with the 12th man. If the 49ers lose, well, they were underdogs anyway. But if the Hawks lose ... they will have lost when they had every advantage (home field throughout, the bye). There is something to say about the 'nothing to lose' scenario.

One thing is for sure. These are the two most complete teams in the league IMO. The NFC West rules the NFL!

Polaris

Reaction score
Bluesbro":30ccatup said:
JonRud":30ccatup said:

Outscored Wilson 37-28 on the Wonderlic given at the combine. 4.0 honor student in school. The question of intelligence is a myth. People see tats and a sideways hat and jump to a stereotype. You have to be better than that.

He has literally twice as much experience as the last time he played in Seattle. He is 3-0 in road games in the playoffs in a young career. No doubt his biggest problems have come when playing in Seattle. Can he and the 49ers learn from that or is it in their head? The next test of that is Sunday. It is all about how you are playing at the time regarding the playoffs, and the 49ers are playing their best football all year. The last two games have all been about turnovers. If it is a clean game by both teams it should be a close game.

All the pressure is on Seattle. Favorite all year, in the Seahawks yard with the 12th man. If the 49ers lose, well, they were underdogs anyway. But if the Hawks lose ... they will have lost when they had every advantage (home field throughout, the bye). There is something to say about the 'nothing to lose' scenario.

One thing is for sure. These are the two most complete teams in the league IMO. The NFC West rules the NFL!

If you've been listening around, Vegas may have the Niners as underdogs (and deservedly so), but the nation and self-appointed national experts don't. In fact the Niners have become the trendy 'flavor of the month'.

Fact is I've seen both Wilson and Kaep under pressure and under less than ideal conditions and Wilson keeps his composure better. It is what it is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think Kaepernick is easily rattled, so I disagree with the "panicked look" sentiment.

But I do think he's not 1/2 as smart as Russell, therefore can be fooled with coverage schemes and defensive formations.........which makes him throw to the wrong spots. Compound not being able to change the play at the line due to deafening crowd noise, and voila you have his poor performances in Seattle.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ydt9aef said:
I don't think Kaepernick is easily rattled, so I disagree with the "panicked look" sentiment.

But I do think he's not 1/2 as smart as Russell, therefore can be fooled with coverage schemes and defensive formations.........which makes him throw to the wrong spots. Compound not being able to change the play at the line due to deafening crowd noise, and voila you have his poor performances in Seattle.

A point. Kaep may look worse than Wilson under pressure because Roman is asking Kaep to do much more on the line under adverse conditions. If so the fault is with Roman. You CAN'T do "check with me" or audibles in the Clink. You CAN'T. Ask both Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and they'll tell you. Yet that's what Roman asks Kaep to do.

I also think (based on my observations of both) that Wilson is much more a student of the game than Kaep is. Thus Wilson has a better "football education" or "football smarts" at this point than Kaep.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pressure on Seattle?....In Seattle?......You actually said that?

The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of Kaepernick looking panicked in Seattle?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bluesbro":3qcdsnb2 said:
JonRud":3qcdsnb2 said:

Good for Kaep. 4.0 GPA is nothing to sneeze at. However, book smarts and football smarts are two different things.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
You're all welcome. :)

kaep3.png

kaep4.png

kaep5.png

kaep2.png

kaep1.png

kaep6.png

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Nah thats just the face he makes when he's having problems executing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Maybe he sees the score at the bottom of the screen on that last pic......Awesome Roland...hahahahahaaaaaaaaaa HA.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I really like the one with the turf beads all over his face. Hope to see some more of that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":3ghvu7gg said:

The pressure is for Kap to try and find a way to not lay another egg. Good luck with that.

Our defense will play the same game they always play, and that doesn't bode well for Kap and the 9ers.

I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.

Polaris

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1lz9hc38 said:
Largent80":1lz9hc38 said:

I don't think anyone's worried about our defense vs. Kaepernick, what we're worried about is how is our offense going to score. Sure we won 29-3 in September, but remember that game was 5-0 until the 3rd quarter, and you could argue that our offense isn't playing as well as it was then.

I'm scared to death that we're going to have another Arizona game where our offense can't get ANYTHING going, which means one or two stupid fluky plays going SF's way gives them scores.

Honestly, I think we (as fans) are acting a little too scared of Arizona of late. Yes, Seattle's offense was putrid that game, and yes it was a rare home loss. What I think a lot of us are forgetting is just how many bad breaks went Arizona's way to even allow this to happen....and it wasn't a game that Seattle really needed (and frankly they played like it).

In short, I think the Arizona game was a bit of an anomaly and should be regarded as such.