Do We Re-Sign Tate?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I like the guy but honestly if he is asking for too much I'm all for passing up on him and letting him walk...Percy can do all the things he does in my opinion and I like Baldwin more as a WR. Not knocking on Tate but I don't like his inconsistency. Don't get me wrong he has playmaking abilities but he needs to bring his A game every week. Sometimes I forget he is even out there playing. IMO the guy will tear it up in the slot if he played for Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck or Phillip Rivers but in our style of offense I just don't see him doing much especially if Bevell stays...

I like Percy, Baldwin, & if we draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd that'll be great....

Waiting for people to bash me for making this thread and my opinions on Tate...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We have too I think.

kearse is a nice story but he hasn't made the most of his chances. Some great plays mixed into a disappearing act.

its obvious harvin is a huge weapon but can't be counted on for 16 games.

Baldwin is great but what happens when he's your one and only receiving threat and the d takes him away?

rice likely won't be back without a major pay cut.

Tate needs to be resigned unless we think there is a Bette fit in FA.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
hawker84":wco34eq8 said:
Hope so.... And yep god forbid you have an opinion on this site...

So if he ask for 6-7 million and it might hurt the cap and us having money to resign key players you're okay with it..?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Not sure what the numbers look like but seems like hitting on a wr in the draft is one of the biggest crap shoots next to QB for any guys outside the top 10.

themunn

Reaction score
percy can do everything Tate can do except play a full game

hawker84

Reaction score
dopeboy206":2hzjkp38 said:
hawker84":2hzjkp38 said:
Hope so.... And yep god forbid you have an opinion on this site...

So if he ask for 6-7 million and it might hurt the cap and us having money to resign key players you're okay with it..?

I hope they can work something out. I like him on this team and he wants to be here.

kmedic

Reaction score
I say yes. If there was an impact explosive WR free agent this offseason then maybe I would say we should use the $ to get that guy but there simply isn't. It's a bad FA class this year. The top FA on the market is probably Eric Decker or Hakeem Nicks. Would you want those guys over Tate for this squad? Maybe Decker, but certainly not Hicks. Tate to me has more potential explosive plays in him than Decker so I'm gonna say keep him.

kidhawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3vz5as6l said:
I like the guy but honestly if he is asking for too much I'm all for passing up on him and letting him walk...Percy can do all the things he does in my opinion and I like Baldwin more as a WR. Not knocking on Tate but I don't like his inconsistency. Don't get me wrong he has playmaking abilities but he needs to bring his A game every week. Sometimes I forget he is even out there playing. IMO the guy will tear it up in the slot if he played for Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck or Phillip Rivers but in our style of offense I just don't see him doing much especially if Bevell stays...

I like Percy, Baldwin, & if we draft another WR in the 1st or 2nd that'll be great....

Waiting for people to bash me for making this thread and my opinions on Tate...

I'm not sure why, but people seem to have the misconception that Harvin and Tate play the same position. They do not. If anything Harvin is more suited to Baldwin's position in the receiver depth. I'm not advocating getting rid of Baldwin. I absolutely love Baldwin, just saying that Harvin doesn't replace Tate, so it's not as simple as "I think Harvin is better than Tate (or the other way around).

As for whether we re-sign Tate....it's 4 days until the NFC Championship game. I really am not even CLOSE to ready to think about what we do in the offseason. I think I'll get back to enjoying the ride for as long as it lasts.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep Tate if at all possible. Hell, keep everybody if at all possible.

RCATES

Reaction score
It depends on what kind of money he demands. If he want's #1 WR money then I say let him walk. He is a good #2 WR at best and a good punt returner.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
I like Tate, and I really like his ability to stay healthy. But his propensity to just disappear in games is maddening. There are some games where he is truly invisible. If there is a quality 6'3"+ WR on the market who would command the same money, I'd rather go that route. We really need some size in the WR group. There is a yearly amount I'd lke to see Tate back at...probably anything under $5 mil per season. But I'm thinking some offensively starved team like the Jets are going to hugely overpay for Tate anyway, and the Hawks will lose him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Absolutely we resign Tate. His stats are average for the top WR's in the league, so we should be able to resign him for the 5 million per year range...........which is doable.

Sedaisan

Reaction score
I vote yes. He has the all the makings of being a decent receiver. Not afraid to go over the middle and can make those catches in traffic. Also a decent blocker... reminds me of a young Heinz Ward.

Tical21

Reaction score
Nope, there are more things that he can't do than things that he can. And he is too redundant on this team. I'd rather see what player 'X' can do to bring us a new life at the position. Let's face it, Golden is an out-of-place slot receiver that won't ever play slot for this team, and just can't get open outside and is virtually a non-factor down the field.