The Niners' gameplan to combat the 12th man

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
On SportsCenter they reported a 49er player mentioned they might "get out of the huddle and go" in an attempt to lessen the effect of the crowd noise. I think this could backfire as no huddle/hurry up is not their forte.

I think the obvious solution is to scream the ENTIRE time the Seahawks are on D. That means before, during, and after plays. It means screaming your Hawk off even if the Niners score to let them know that the 12th man will not back down... Period.

I will be there on Sunday and will keep everyone in our section pumped and jacked all game long.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Everyone at the game on Sunday needs to scream not just for themselves, but also for those of us who can't be there.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1903f8pi said:
Everyone at the game on Sunday needs to scream not just for themselves, but also for those of us who can't be there.

Good point English. We have seen plenty of 12's this year who are simply not prepared for their duties. Too many have slacked off and assumed that others will do the cheering for them. I hope no one going takes Sunday for granted and leaves their voices behind at the CLink

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Unless they have been practicing this for awhile I just don't see it. It is difficult to install that in one week. On the other hand our defense is accustomed to the noise and uses hand signals on a regular basis.

Vetamur

Reaction score
If they try that it means they are going to completely revamp their style.. usually Kaep gets 1 or 2 plays and decides at the line. Since he cant go through progressions he will be locked onto one receiver already decided in the huddle..they wont use motion to try to see what our D is masking for coverage..this could be a disaster for them.

jblaze

Reaction score
The fact that they have to try to get out of their norm to deal with us bodes well.

However, good luck with that. You're gonna need it.

hawker84

Reaction score
Well SF fans are certainly doing their part with this letter to Goodell: :mrgreen:

Dear Commissioner Goodell:

This weekend the San Francisco 49ers will play the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship game for the right to advance to the Superbowl. The NFL community (ie. players, coaches and fans) are discovering a disturbing trend that any NFC West fan has know for at least three seasons that could directly affect the outcome of the upcoming championship game.

The Seattle Seahawks defensive backs are not playing within the confines of the NFL rulebook and are not being penalized for their renegade style of play.

When one team is afforded certain allowances that other teams are not given it takes away from the competitive spirit of the game which in turn takes away from the entertainment value of the game. The NFL is experiencing record ticket sales and TV viewership. If it were widely known that certain teams were favored or that game outcomes were predetermined I am certain the popularity of the NFL would plummet.

Casual fans, drive-by fans, hard-core fans, current players, coaches and commentators are all talking about the illegal holding and pass interference that the Seattle defensive backs are getting away with. When will the NFL and its referees put a stop to this? I know that Seattle is the most penalized team in football when it comes to defensive pass interference and the third most penalized team when it comes to defensive holding. They are certainly not being penalized frequently enough if the renegade style of play they practice continues.

As a life-long fan of the National Football League I would ask you to be a good steward of the game and put a stop to the antics of the Seahawks and allow us, the fans, to watch a truly level playing field in this weekend's championship game. Win or lose we simply ask for a fair competition.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Does that mean no audibles and they just run the play called in the huddle, or does that mean no huddle? Either way, anything that deviates from what they did to get to the championship game is a good thing.

Laloosh

Reaction score
hawker84":38vykpku said:
Well SF fans are certainly doing their part with this letter to Goodell: :mrgreen:

This weekend the San Francisco 49ers will play the Seattle Seahawks in the NFC Championship game for the right to advance to the Superbowl. The NFL community (ie. players, coaches and fans) are discovering a disturbing trend that any NFC West fan has know for at least three seasons that could directly affect the outcome of the upcoming championship game.

The Seattle Seahawks defensive backs are not playing within the confines of the NFL rulebook and are not being penalized for their renegade style of play.

When one team is afforded certain allowances that other teams are not given it takes away from the competitive spirit of the game which in turn takes away from the entertainment value of the game. The NFL is experiencing record ticket sales and TV viewership. If it were widely known that certain teams were favored or that game outcomes were predetermined I am certain the popularity of the NFL would plummet.

Casual fans, drive-by fans, hard-core fans, current players, coaches and commentators are all talking about the illegal holding and pass interference that the Seattle defensive backs are getting away with. When will the NFL and its referees put a stop to this? I know that Seattle is the most penalized team in football when it comes to defensive pass interference and the third most penalized team when it comes to defensive holding. They are certainly not being penalized frequently enough if the renegade style of play they practice continues.

As a life-long fan of the National Football League I would ask you to be a good steward of the game and put a stop to the antics of the Seahawks and allow us, the fans, to watch a truly level playing field in this weekend's championship game. Win or lose we simply ask for a fair competition.

Link?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Maybe they should change the color of their pants, paint a logo on the field, and eat fried chicken on their way here.

Seemed to work for the 'Aints.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3ae4hs0d said:
Does that mean no audibles and they just run the play called in the huddle, or does that mean no huddle? Either way, anything that deviates from what they did to get to the championship game is a good thing.
I'm pretty sure it means they will just go with a single called play. Not hurry up, which is not what they ever want to do unless they have to.

It is a tacit admission that the 2 and three play system was taking too long to get off plays.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawker84":1a4qaytm said:

Lol...so typical.

jblaze

Reaction score
Unbelievable letter to the commish if that's real.

What a bunch of whining little b**ches, wow...

Can't stand that type of crap from weak fans. Starts with Harbaugh and leaks down to the fans.

Hell earlier in the year, they complained to the commish about the noise in the Clink and how it was unfair. Then the letter to their fans on how to cheer, etc. This fan base may be the biggest bunch of posers I've ever seen.

OP
OP
E

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1bx12vjx said:

Well I would think it would help with audibles because more time is left on the play clock. But with the noise it will be very hard to audible in time, make sure all 11 dudes understand the change and still prevent the Hawks from adjusting accordingly on their own. I suspect several timeouts will be burned by SF.

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, did the Niners fans write a letter of apology to the Carolina Panthers after their DBs mugged and grabbed all game long ?

What a bunch of hypocritical pussies.

jblaze

Reaction score
Seattle_Sackhawk":3gvtx6ul said:
Hey Put me on Speakerphone at the game, I'll scream from San Jose ;)

Whoa... Mind blown. I may do this...

AgentDib

Reaction score
Nobody should have concerns about the crowd noise on Sunday. It is always loud in direct proportion to how urgently the fans think we need a stop, and there are no larger stakes for a home crowd than a NFC Championship game against the 49ers. Years from now Hawk fans will still rate how strong the crowd was in comparison to this game, like we do for the Carolina game or the Saints game.