Trollface_Problem-650x650.jpg

:lol:

CANHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2z5sgu0p said:
Wonder how that made Revis feel.
Would love to have seen his face.
#shermanisland. :)

Naw... Sherman isn't an island, he's a tourist attraction!

But how crazy is that, we've got people calling our corner the best CB in the game, but he isn't even the best player in this secondary. Having Sherman and Earl on the same team is almost criminal...

Best secondary ever.

Cartire

Reaction score
I think the rest of the league fans are finally starting to come around. If you read the comments, most people agree with the statement, albeit a few guys still calling out him holding all the time. But still, at this time last year, most peoples comments were in disagreement. They're finally all catching on.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cartire":2hxc4cjl said:
I think the rest of the league fans are finally starting to come around. If you read the comments, most people agree with the statement, albeit a few guys still calling out him holding all the time. But still, at this time last year, most peoples comments were in disagreement. They're finally all catching on.

I agree, and will raise you this. I think he has gotten a few more opportunities to show his real self,off the field. This has led to folks looking past his "talk" on the field. He is better understood now.

kearly

Reaction score
Only fair, considering that when Sherman was asked a similar question some time a ways back it was Cromartie who was one of the first corners that came to mind for him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kearly":2lluzo11 said:
Only fair, considering that when Sherman was asked a similar question some time a ways back it was Cromartie who was one of the first corners that came to mind for him.
Mutual respect right there :th2thumbs:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
CANHawk":etv3yulw said:
Best secondary ever.
Not to quibble, but I'm not entirely convinced they are even the best Seahawks secondary ever. That '84 version is at least in the discussion.

That said, if we win the Big One, that kinda pushes the LOB way to the front of the line.

CANHawk

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1h8ya92f said:
CANHawk":1h8ya92f said:
Best secondary ever.
Not to quibble, but I'm not entirely convinced they are even the best Seahawks secondary ever. That '84 version is at least in the discussion.

That said, if we win the Big One, that kinda pushes the LOB way to the front of the line.

Best EEEVAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
I have not seen Sherman play enough, and well also have not seen how revis looked AFTER his injury to say if he is STILL the best CB in the NFL. 9He was, he shut down some the best QB/WR tandems in the AFC for years.)

That said of everyone on the Hawks team sherman the only one I cant stand, talks smack way to much. (Then again he prbl one of those players you love on your team but HATE on another team, see Rodney Harrison lol)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
PatsFanNH":3q357anx said:
I have not seen Sherman play enough, and well also have not seen how revis looked AFTER his injury to say if he is STILL the best CB in the NFL. 9He was, he shut down some the best QB/WR tandems in the AFC for years.)

That said of everyone on the Hawks team sherman the only one I cant stand, talks smack way to much. (Then again he prbl one of those players you love on your team but HATE on another team, see Rodney Harrison lol)

Understandable how a Pats fan would feel that way but Brady does his own brand of smack talk. He talks to opponents like they don't even deserve to be on his football field. That smack and lack of respect goes both ways. Sherman used it to goad Brady into throwing his direction. That one pass? A completion, unfortunately (for Pats fans) to Sherman.

What your missing with not seeing enough of Sherman is the stuff he does at the LOS. He is not just a monster in coverage he is also a very important part of how our defense plays and he is often seen making the big hit on the RB that would have gone for big yardage if not for Sherman. He is one of those guys that seems to always be around the ball even though opponents purposely try to keep it away from. See the highlight hit between Sherman and Harvin last year where Sherman breaks off his coverage and comes back to the play to collide with Harvin.

Beyond all that just look at the stats and I'm not a stat guru and I understand how stats can often be manipulated to be misleading but the stat that he has been the least targeted DB in the game this year is a huge statement by itself. Leading the league in Int's while being the least targeted DB in the game is beyond arguable and hauling in more Int's in each of his last two years than Revis has in any season his entire career in huge. Now add in he just did that while being the least targeted DB. There is just no way to spin that stat. It encompasses what a shut down corner really is. Or maybe what a tourist attraction is.