KJ Practiced today! Harvin not cleared (yet)

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6633/kj-wright

Seahawks SLB K.J. Wright (foot surgery) returned to practice on Wednesday.
Coach Pete Carroll said Monday that there's a "chance" Wright returns for the NFC Championship Game, but what he's able to do Wednesday and Thursday will be all important. Wright hasn't played since December 8. Wright was a near every-down player before going down, but he'd almost certainly be on a snap count against the 49ers

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/282099/percy-harvin-(concussion)-yet-to-be-cleared

Percy Harvin (concussion) was held out of Wednesday's practice.
Instead, he met with doctors. The Seahawks haven't offered much of an update on Harvin's status, suggesting there's a real chance he misses Sunday's NFC Championship Game. He should be considered no better than 50-50 to suit up. Harvin's status will be updated Thursday.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, hopefull on KJ but Iwould bet money Harvin plays and plays well on Sunday. He almost had 5 catches in his limited time on the field. He will be targeted a ton.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just suit his butt up as a decoy!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Harvin can't practice until Friday anyway.. even if hes better. It's all a part of the protocol now.

If he is cleared by our doctors, he has to be cleared by a league appointed doctor tomorrow.. then he would practice on Friday.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":oqd66zkb said:
Harvin can't practice until Friday anyway.. even if hes better. It's all a part of the protocol now.

If he is cleared by our doctors, he has to be cleared by a league appointed doctor tomorrow.. then he would practice on Friday.

Not going to happen. dude wont play.

RCATES

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2leyawf4 said:
Hasselbeck":2leyawf4 said:

Please elaborate. Not exactly sure how you can come to this conclusion or be so certain of it based off Carroll's comments today. For all we know "Doctor" as Carroll referred to could be one that is employed by the team. Any inside information on this not being the case? Or are you just meeting the day's quota by going into every PH thread and spouting "he won't play."

Deafening Noise

Reaction score
I do not like how Harvin is so prone to injuries, he is a bullseye out there for other DBs. They are going to aim for him every time and if getting a 15 yard penalty is the expense of getting him out of the game then it's worth it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Largent80":2ghnooj4 said:
Expect Harvin to play would be my guess.

Clayton was just on 710 again just now and said from what he is hearing, he probably wont suit up.

Bleh.

twelthmanfan

Reaction score
Harvin seems to leave himself open to a lot of hits. He goes all out and really attempts to make a play but the one hit he took was due to a ball that should have been lower and he extended himself leaving himself open to a huge hit, his second of the day. I don't think you can change a guys effort so what can you tell him. Don't try so hard? I believe Harvin will be on the field Sunday.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":5swllcgt said:
Largent80":5swllcgt said:

Clayton was just on 710 again just now and said from what he is hearing, he probably wont suit up.

Bleh.

Clayton is good, but ultimately he's only guessing too. Let's wait until the injury reports tomorrow or (better yet) Friday.

RCATES

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":24lj99wa said:
Largent80":24lj99wa said:

Bleh.

Heard that as well. Kind of a funny moment. Clayton always comes on at 4pm and does his "Cold Hard Facts." Had just walked in the Studio at 3:15 and was asked a question and pretty much took over lol.

I'd like to be optimistic and say Harvin plays but things are looking grim. Its a shame really. This is the kind of game you live for if your a player. Trip to the SB on the line in front of the home crowd. Would be a shame for him to miss it. I'm sure he is doing everything he can to get back on the field Sunday.

chet380

Reaction score
Having followed the career and unfortunate demise of Jahvid Best because of concussions, my earnest hope is that the same fate doesn't befall PH.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So sick of Clayton,he doesn't have any facts yet ..Just speculation..

Basis4day

Reaction score
RCATES":2mqzg46s said:
Hawk_Nation":2mqzg46s said:
Largent80":2mqzg46s said:

Bleh.

Heard that as well. Kind of a funny moment. Clayton always comes on at 4pm and does his "Cold Hard Facts." Had just walked in the Studio at 3:15 and was asked a question and pretty much took over lol.

I'd like to be optimistic and say Harvin plays but things are looking grim. Its a shame really. This is the kind of game you live for if your a player. Trip to the SB on the line in front of the home crowd. Would be a shame for him to miss it. I'm sure he is doing everything he can to get back on the field Sunday.

The only real news on Harvin is that he is being evaluated today by docs. Really, thats all they know at this point.

I generally like Clayton. However, If you compare what Clayton says before games and the actual results you'll find he talk out of his ass as much as he is correct. It's not deliberate, but his job is to try and cover just about everything in the league which is damn near impossible. A lot of times he is making educated guesses. It's not always made clear in his appearances.

All last week he was arguing that Pete shouldn't make the mistake of letting Harvin return kicks due to injury risk (Which is a fair argument).
He went on the air on monday praising Pete for not letting Harvin return kicks. The problem being of course that the Seahawks and by extension Harvin didn't have an opportunity to do so until he was taken out of the game after a concussion.

(And i REALLY wish someone could cure him of his, "But also too..." tic)

BamKam

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1lhpgf15 said:
So sick of Clayton,he doesn't have any facts yet ..Just speculation..

I bet if Clayton said he is hearing Harvin will suit up Sunday you would have believed it though right?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":8u58n32q said:
Hasselbeck":8u58n32q said:

You must be a doctor.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1d09xf2a said:
Chukarhawk":1d09xf2a said:
Hasselbeck":1d09xf2a said:

You must be a doctor.

... that has examined PH, personally.