Here is a Hawkstorian article from the early days of .net

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • article written by my very good friend the Hawkstorian. As usual very well written. Read about Hawkstorian at the bottom of the article. He was famous on .net even in those early days.

Hey John your now infamous, Wikipedia uses us as a source.

:D

http://sea.scout.com/2/352469.html
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Thought more people would be interested in this.

:les:
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• Blitzfan wrote:Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?

Are you maybe be thinking of Sutz who used to live in California? He now lives here in the Northwest.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• That is a great article.

Mike McCormack was MAN. RIP, brother.

I remember him fondly for being a true football guy in the Hawks front office at the time.

And his hiring of Chuck Knox was BRILLIANT.

The whole Behring and Flores thing was so depressing by comparison.
    your Superbowl XLVIII Champion Seattle Seahawks.. how sweet is that!!
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• It's a great article, but reminds me of the Scout days.

God I hated that board. It was impossible to register for some reason and was one of the reasons why I slid back into the shadows and lurked for a couple of years.
    White Devil
    NET Rookie

• Really cool to read that again. Thanks for sharing!
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *

• You can never hide from the internet!

I actually have an off-season series I'm working on. stay tuned!
    * NET Staff *

• The Radish wrote:
    Blitzfan wrote:Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?

Are you maybe be thinking of Sutz who used to live in California? He now lives here in the Northwest.

I don't think so, I am pretty sure he lived in Arizona. Damn memory is failing me in my old age... there can't be too many guys that used to write articles. Had to have been in the early 2000's, but I am just drawing a blank.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• I forgot that NorthwestFootball.com was still a thing. Doub went on to much bigger and better things. But that name choice was just downright terrible.

And almost nearly forgot that Hawkstorian used to write! And he's picking up the pen, I mean keyboard, again! Woot!

Go Hawks!
    SeaTown81
    * NET Alumni *

• Blitzfan wrote:
    The Radish wrote:
    Blitzfan wrote:Radish, this brings back memories for sure. There was another guy that used to write for .net as well, but I have lost his name to time. I want to say he he lived in Arizona and his articles were very enjoyable and quite funny. Might you remember his name?

I don't think so, I am pretty sure he lived in Arizona. Damn memory is failing me in my old age... there can't be too many guys that used to write articles. Had to have been in the early 2000's, but I am just drawing a blank.

I can vaguely remember those articles too. They had a good dose of humor injected. Something about a hawx fan who lived in a Phoenix suburb who opened a business (maybe a book store or computer repair). He wrote a fun article about the hawks.
    “God bless America and God bless the Seattle Seahawks!” Cortez Kennedy (August, 2012 / Final words of his HOF induction speech)
    OldWiseHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• You sure you're not talking about Travis Flatt in his Ferret Leggings days?

He used to write really great storys with the edge of humor always near. He finally gave up there, left a bowl of catfood for his girl friends cat and headed to Tucson to start over.

Been lots of places since.

The Radish
    * NET Radish *

• The Radish wrote:You sure you're not talking about Travis Flatt in his Ferret Leggings days?

He used to write really great storys with the edge of humor always near. He finally gave up there, left a bowl of catfood for his girl friends cat and headed to Tucson to start over.

Been lots of places since.

That's him! Thanks Radish! Its totally cool that you made this post. I was thinking of Travis a couple of weeks ago and imagined he would be loving the last couple of seasons.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• Thanks for the link. There are 66 Hawkstorian articles archived over there. Nice to have a link to revisit those memories. I'd forgotten about Hawkstorian's enjoyable writing style. :th2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Meh.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Early 2006 was a unique off season.

It’s been an historic off-season for observers of the salary cap. Not only were the basic provisions of the cap extended through 2011, but the 2006 cap was set at a whopping $102,000,000. The 2005 cap was $85,500,000.

http://sea.scout.com/2/536742.html
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information