MMQB: TB QB Glennon on CLink

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/15/nfl-playoffs-seattle-seahawks-fans-mike-glennon/[/urltargetblank]

Mike Glennon, Tampa Bay's Qb is the guest writer this week, and his article discusses his experience with the 12th man. Good stuff

I thought I had played in some loud atmospheres in college at N.C. State, but nothing could have prepared me for our Week 9 game against the Seahawks at CenturyLink Field. In most NFL stadiums when you’re on the road, it gets loud on third down and whenever you’re in the red zone. But in Seattle? It’s loud on every single down, no matter where you are on the field. It feels like there’s someone with a megaphone screaming in your ear. Only it seems more amplified than a megaphone. The deafening noise has a lot to do with the architecture of the stadium, but you have to give those fans a lot of credit.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's all about the architecture. 5 of us could cause false starts at the Clink, nevermind we've sold out every regular season game since it opened.

It wasn't loud in the Kingdome either.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Great article! Thanks for sharing!

Is anyone else SICK AND TIRED of hearing about this architecture BS? Honestly… you could have the most amazing stadium on the planet but if you don’t have the crowd to make any noise then it’s just a hunk of metal.

Personally it’s impressive that fans make noise on nearly EVERY SINGLE PLAY and not only do they make noise but they max out their volume on nearly every single play. That’s what makes the 12th man special!!!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There wasn’t another stadium this year that compared to Seattle’s raucous environment. We played in the Georgia Dome, Ford Field, the Superdome—none of them come even close. The noise was just overwhelming, and I can imagine it’s going to be even worse with the Super Bowl on the line

12's rock!

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
There are plenty of stadiums that could take advantage of the crowd. Look at Jerry's world 105K fans can cram in there. If they wanted to they could be one of the loudest stadiums, but they are not. Any of the domes can do it but they don't. I hope the 9ers ear bleed this weekend.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I was at that game. Glennon played the best game of any QB in Seattle this year. I was very impressed.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I've heard that even with the Clink is empty, it's loud.

And the sound of a pin dropping in the stands has been known to burst unprotected eardrums.

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
The CLink's architecture might be great but it isn't a bigger advantage than a dome. Domes like the one in New Orleans or Dallas should be louder because they are not open air stadiums. But they arent cause our fans are better.

Haters gonna hate.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Even in the preseason games it was pretty loud and alot of people stayed to watch the whole game. I actually watched every preseason game from start to finish this year and the atmosphere felt like a regular season game.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There's a thread here somewhere that people with season tix rated the noise level for each game this season and the Tampa Bay game was consistently second to last (Tennessee was last). If Glennon thinks it was loud when he was here, he really has no idea.

12s freaking RULE!!!

SeaTown81

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":1ho0dnvl said:
The CLink's architecture might be great but it isn't a bigger advantage than a dome. Domes like the one in New Orleans or Dallas should be louder because they are not open air stadiums. But they arent cause our fans are better.

Haters gonna hate.

True story. I was at a Saints game in New Orleans this year wearing a Seahawks shirt. Had a guy come up to me and made some comment about our stadium being built to hold in the noise. I replied, "YOU PLAY IN A DOME!" He was kinda drunk. It went entirely over his head. Fans of other teams are idiots and just want to hate and believe whatever helps with their desired world view.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
At least he gives our fans credit unlike some Quarterback who poses naked in front of cameras

BlueTalon

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1tqz4l84 said:
I've heard that even with the Clink is empty, it's loud.

And the sound of a pin dropping in the stands has been known to burst unprotected eardrums.
That made me laugh. I'm still chuckling.