Aros' Fearless NFCCG Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
“When the game was over, I was very disappointed. But right before I got back to the tunnel, I got so excited for the next opportunity next year. I’m looking forward to what we have in the future. We have a great football team.”

- QB Russell Wilson after the loss to the Falcons in the Divisional Playoffs last season.

This is what destiny feels like.

Hosting the NFC Championship game in four days against our most bitter and worthy rival, the defending NFC Champion 49ers. There have been so many indicators this season that the Seahawks were building momentum for a very special season from training camp on. Even our very own NYCoug is getting national attention for the magical journey he's been taking right along side of the Seahawks, with nearly every turn seeming to indicate that this ride won't end until New York in February.

Dave and I spoke about it not long ago at Temple. "You just know this magic ride ends with Russell Wilson hoisting the Lombardi. Can't you feel it?" I told Dave. We both agreed that it sure seemed that way and it felt a little more than the deeply-rooted hopes of a couple diehard fans, so desperately hungry for a taste of the ultimate prize.

The 49ers are a giant pothole in this magic bus' path. They bring a supreme level of confidence to Century Link, having won 8 straight. Their defense is playing championship football and Colin Kaepernick has found his footing with the return of Michael Crabtree. Anybody who thinks that this game can't easily go either way is in denial or supremely biased. The 49ers will bring it, even with a 140 decibel level. They know us, we know them and they know what to expect in our House of Horrors.

Having said that, I cannot seem to shake this internal feeling that the Seattle Seahawks are destined to win this football game. Now admittedly that could be nothing more than my wishful thinking, with the idea of the alternate so unpalatable I simply can't and won't go there, but the truth is, I really do believe we will win this game.

Like Russell says, it will take our finest 60 minutes of football to reach New York in 18 days. I think we will see one of our best games of the year, saved for when it counts the most.

Leave No Doubt.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - 49ers 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 14-3

Largent80

Reaction score
We will run the ball better than they will and there will be no bicep kissing

Hawks - 24
Whiners - 0

That's right..... ZERO

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I honestly don't see how the 49ers can get anything done in this house unless they plan on radioing in one call and leaving it at that. Kaepernick has not shown he can handle the atmosphere or the defense, and it's going to be far, far worse than anything he's yet encountered. Seattle will not have a great day on offense until the second half because the SF defense is going to spend a lot of time on the field.

Seattle 20 SF 9

iigakusei

Reaction score
Russell Wilson orchestrates a beautiful game winning TD drive late in the 4th Quarter.
Seahawks 17 - San Fran 13

chawx

Reaction score
iigakusei":2zkh9g4q said:
Russell Wilson orchestrates a beautiful game winning TD drive late in the 4th Quarter.
Seahawks 17 - San Fran 13

Oh man, I would love to see it, but I don't think my heart could take it... haha

For my own physical and mental health, I really hope the guys put this one out of reach for the 49ers by halftime, the best part is that I think 21 points scored is more than enough to do just that...

Seattle 21-6 at the half.

Seattle 30-19 game.

make it so... :th2thumbs:

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Both games between these two teams so far are remarkably similar, but in opposing directions. The Hawks got several timely calls and breaks their way in the first game and rolled up on the 9ers in the 2nd half. Last month, the 9ers got a couple calls and made a big play to put the Hawks away. But in neither game did either offense do much.

The Hawks D is playing out of it's mind right now and have done more than enough to win every game since Dec 5. The O hasn't held up its end of the deal a couple times, and it's yet to be seen if our passing game has declined and won't be able to climb out of a hole, or if it's just been on "rookie" mode to allow our run game and D to win the games.

I expect a 3rd copy of the boiler plate for Hawks/9ers games, with SF being able to move the ball a bit more effectively. They've done a good job of improving against the Hawks each game since Kaep took over, and they showed last week that they have a couple tricks up their sleeve. As long as the D we are used to shows up and we don't get burned deep by Davis like other teams do, we should be able to keep the score low enough to let our feet-in-the-sand O control the ball and put it away.

Niners cover, but how in the world can I pick against the Hawks at home in the NFCCG?

Seahawks - 17
49ers - 16

seahawksny

Reaction score
Kaepernick will not handle the noise. He isnt polished like a Drew Brees who lost twice there.

Got news for you- NO has a better pass D than SF does. That will show as Russell will have way with them through the air. Not 300 yards, but he will do enough to get us in end zone. Miller will have big day and Lynch might catch for more yards than he runs for.

Niner D will get tired. 4 weeks in a row on road is difficult. We wear them out. Jump out to a 21-0 halftime lead and Pete goes conservative from then on as the D wins it for us in 2nd half.

On to NJ

27-7

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hard fought game, that will come down to a game winning drive for either team who has the ball last. I REALLY hope Im wrong, but my gut tells me we just come up short in this one.

Whiners: 17
Hawks: 14

White Knight

Reaction score
Normally I'd go with the game we all expect, a nice low-scoring affair...BUT I had a dream last night where we built a 24-3 lead at the end of the 3rd quarter and ended up winning our 2nd NFC Championship 38-17. Since it's rare for me to remember dreams I'll go with that!

Go Hawks!!!

soxhawk

Reaction score
Why would SF start to play awesome in our house now? They've been taken to the woodshed both times recently. Both coaches and teams are familiar with each other. Nothing really changes unless one team gets the jitters. The best they can hope for is to play it close.

Sea-27
SF-20