NFL ref announced for NFCCG!! **update pg 2 entire crew **

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:He's a prick.

I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.

Bahaha yeah. I hate refs.

Honestly though, I feel like I remember him letting us play on D that day. So maybe that's a good thing.

probably the reason why we won that day
    tleise32
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 pm
  • Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.
    blkhwk
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm
  • blkhwk wrote:Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.

This is true....These Referees are the lead official on the crew, but they don't bring their crew with them in the playoffs, so you'd really have to look at all the individuals on a crew to know for sure, but the fact that his crews historically let guys play is a good thing.

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:12 pm
  • Expect a lot of bad calls in San Fran's favor. They screwed my Panthers pretty bad last week, and I am sure there is some sort of inside job going to get a 49ers/Patriots Super Bowl. I think Seattle is good enough to overcome the refs, but don't expect to get many calls. It's sad what this league is becoming (only the big media market teams get to win).
    PantherInWA
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:15 pm
  • Steratore is great. Peter King did a piece in the MMQB about him and his crew. Very good read.

He's the perfect ref for this matchup IMO. He will let the two teams play, which is what everyone wants to see.

Here's the piece by King. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-kin ... -nfl-refs/
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm
  • Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm
  • The refs make bad calls sometimes and they miss calls sometimes. It is an impossible job to get 100% right, 100% of the time.

The reason the Seahawks get penalized so damn much is because they commit a ton of penalties.

Sorry, but I'm really tired of all the whining about the refs. It's not the refs fault that our team commits a shit ton of penalties every game, it's the players fault.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 pm
  • This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm
  • Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.
    HawkNuts
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:He had to be graded out as one of the best refs in the NFL to get to this point. How many penalties he calls is irrelevant to me, as long as he calls it accurately and fair. 49ers do just as much mugging on both sides of the ball.

This. Though regardless if they let them play it's to our advantage.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.

The crew last week was led by Carl Cheffers. Thank god they didn't give us him this week, the whiners would probably get away with murder.
    StealthHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.

I fully expect the 49ers to try to test the Seahawks emotions early, much like the Rams did. The team needs to be focused and not bite into the mind games.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 am
  • NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 am
  • dunceface wrote:NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:

Carey didn't qualify for the playoffs.
    Can anyone believe he's 64?
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *

Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:45 am
  • HawkNuts wrote:Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.

Best idea I've seen all week. :th2thumbs:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

ImageImage

Proud member of the 38 club
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Steratore is great. Peter King did a piece in the MMQB about him and his crew. Very good read.

He's the perfect ref for this matchup IMO. He will let the two teams play, which is what everyone wants to see.

Here's the piece by King. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-kin ... -nfl-refs/

I was planning on posting that one, great read indeed. I think the reason officials tend to "let them play" in the playoffs is because it does not downgrade them in the same way. If you DON'T throw a ticky tack flag in the regular season that can get you downgraded and you dont get to ref the super bowl. But when reffing the nfcc / afcc game you are not reffing the super bowl regardles, and in the superbowl you are already reffing the super bowl, so the refs can relax a bit and just call the game the way they really would like to call it all the time= in a "let them play and let players decide the outcome" way.
    Swedishhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 am
  • The only real problems I've been seeing with rergards to defense penalaties is that "interpretation" fine line of what is considered between playing close and creating an unfair advantage and interfering or holding.
    ImageImageImage

"You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

• The environmental engineer is going to favor the green team, the tax consultant will favor the team in gold, the right wing Texas Christian Banker is going to hate the liberal NW team and favor the team in gold, the high school administrator will favor the green team. Everyone else will be neutral.

Now I can't wait to see if my guesses pan out!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• According to football-refs.com – which keeps track of assignments for NFL officiating crews – Steratore has worked one Seahawks game this season, which was their Week-8 win over St. Louis. Ten penalties were called against the Seahawks that game, including two for holding by their cornerbacks. None of Seattle's penalties were for pass interference.
    The new Santa Clara stadium name?..........Dungaree Dump
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:According to football-refs.com – which keeps track of assignments for NFL officiating crews – Steratore has worked one Seahawks game this season, which was their Week-8 win over St. Louis. Ten penalties were called against the Seahawks that game, including two for holding by their cornerbacks. None of Seattle's penalties were for pass interference.

He won't have the same guys in the backfield this week, though. It's not his typical regular season crew. I would assume his instructions would be the same, regardless of who is back there.
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• @BestGuyAround: The side judge from this year's game at Candlestick is on Steratore's crew this week. He flagged Sherman twice for holding and Tate for OPI.

...bummer
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie

• Just saw that the ref has only called 16 total illegal grabbing/ defensive PI downfield calls in the entire season which is supposedly relatively low.
    Good news for the seahawks!
    Axx
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information