NFL ref announced for NFCCG!! **update pg 2 entire crew **

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13

Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 pm
  • Listening to 710 the Professor mentioned we got a break since Gene lets the player play, he called 12 PI call all year long. Thats the lowest in the league.
    chsamia
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 10
    Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:48 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:20 pm
  • He had to be graded out as one of the best refs in the NFL to get to this point. How many penalties he calls is irrelevant to me, as long as he calls it accurately and fair. 49ers do just as much mugging on both sides of the ball.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:22 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Looks like he only works about 1 game a year for the Hawks - most recently the game this year in St Louis:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SterGe0r.htm


    That's normal. There are 17 referees, so on average you'll get each one once a year, plus whoever you get in the playoffs.
    User avatar
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 666
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
    Location: Ft. Meade, MD


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:23 pm
  • He's a prick.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14390
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm
  • tleise32 wrote:I like that we will know who from the AFC is going before our game. didnt in 05 denver play pitt just before we spanked carolina?

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bd-nCJNCcAAqyt2.png



    anybody remember any calls that stood out that game? maybe not PI but what about those 3rd and long BS holding calls that extend drives ? is he known for that?
    tleise32
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm
  • I think it was the Colts. The bettis fumble and Roethlisberger chased down the defender and (?) stripped him (?)
    4/27/13 - I was there #humblethug
    "He looked like a bad man," Sherman said, "and I knew we were alright."
    User avatar
    TheRealDTM
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 879
    Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:26 pm
    Location: Bellingham, WA


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm
  • Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Looks like he only works about 1 game a year for the Hawks - most recently the game this year in St Louis:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SterGe0r.htm


    One of our worst games this year. If not THE worst.
    Image
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11456
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:29 pm
  • HawkFan72 wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Looks like he only works about 1 game a year for the Hawks - most recently the game this year in St Louis:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SterGe0r.htm


    One of our worst games this year. If not THE worst.


    Not sure Steratore is to be blamed for Robert Quinn owning McQuistan all night.
    User avatar
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3736
    Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:31 pm
  • Hopefully they let the players play and decide the game. Gene S. was the ref for the St Louis game and called 10 penalties on the Seahawks.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 3613
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    HawkFan72 wrote:
    Chrome_Seahawk wrote:Looks like he only works about 1 game a year for the Hawks - most recently the game this year in St Louis:
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SterGe0r.htm


    One of our worst games this year. If not THE worst.


    Not sure Steratore is to be blamed for Robert Quinn owning McQuistan all night.


    Beat me to it. I was just going to say our OT's were holding onto the Rams' DE's like they were drowning men grabbing life preservers.

    And to the other comment in this thread: yes, the Niners do a lot of mugging as well. Looking at it from both sides, this actually favors the Niners; their WRs are a lot more physical than ours are (I'm thinking Boldin on this one. dude pushes off constantly).
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3592
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:32 pm
  • I watched the game. Hawks had a few PI's and defensive holdings.
    Go Niners!
    jeffjtk123
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 11
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:He's a prick.


    I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

    What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.
    Image
    User avatar
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1679
    Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:32 pm
    Location: East Oly


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:34 pm
  • Should we hire Michael Buffer like the sonics did back in the day. This is going to be a fight.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    User avatar
    Seeker
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1343
    Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:21 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:37 pm
  • He only called 2 Defensive Holding penalties on the DBs and no DPIs in that Rams game, of course there were a number of holding calls and unnecessary roughness - but those I'd count separately from what I mostly care about.
    Last edited by SutiHawk on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    SutiHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm
    Location: Seattle, WA


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:38 pm
  • At least this is not bad news.
    Could have been WAY worse.
    GoHawks
    User avatar
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *
     
    Posts: 4871
    Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:37 am
    Location: On the lake, Livingston Texas


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:40 pm
  • minormillikin wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:He's a prick.


    I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

    What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.


    Bahaha yeah. I hate refs.

    Honestly though, I feel like I remember him letting us play on D that day. So maybe that's a good thing.
    Image Image Tanzania¹² Image "ALERT THE LEGION!!!"
    User avatar
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *
    * The Producer *
     
    Posts: 14390
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:57 pm
    Location: King In The North


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:
    minormillikin wrote:
    Zebulon Dak wrote:He's a prick.


    I don't even really recognize this particular ref, but I still agree.

    What kind of freak becomes a ref, anyway? I always assume the only reason someone would go through all the work it takes to be an NFL ref, is because they have a step cousin in law who is a Vegas bookie. Is there a legit reason to be a ref...? Doubtful.


    Bahaha yeah. I hate refs.

    Honestly though, I feel like I remember him letting us play on D that day. So maybe that's a good thing.



    probably the reason why we won that day
    tleise32
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 72
    Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:27 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:42 pm
  • Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

    Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

    One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.
    blkhwk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 227
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:46 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:52 pm
  • blkhwk wrote:Remember...... the referee is responsible for reporting the penalties, he is not necessarily the one throwing the flag.

    Also, these are mixed crews, so his crew called ten penalties on Seattle vs. the Rams, there is no guarantee that the flag throwers will even be at the game.

    One final thought, the 'Hawks play a very physical game and with that comes penalties. Remember the finesse Holmgren teams always had very few penalties.


    This is true....These Referees are the lead official on the crew, but they don't bring their crew with them in the playoffs, so you'd really have to look at all the individuals on a crew to know for sure, but the fact that his crews historically let guys play is a good thing.
    :les:

    Image
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 13319
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:12 pm
  • Expect a lot of bad calls in San Fran's favor. They screwed my Panthers pretty bad last week, and I am sure there is some sort of inside job going to get a 49ers/Patriots Super Bowl. I think Seattle is good enough to overcome the refs, but don't expect to get many calls. It's sad what this league is becoming (only the big media market teams get to win).
    PantherInWA
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 18
    Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:24 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:15 pm
  • Steratore is great. Peter King did a piece in the MMQB about him and his crew. Very good read.

    He's the perfect ref for this matchup IMO. He will let the two teams play, which is what everyone wants to see.

    Here's the piece by King. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-kin ... -nfl-refs/
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4859
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:23 pm
  • Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

    If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

    One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *
     
    Posts: 8361
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:59 pm
  • The refs make bad calls sometimes and they miss calls sometimes. It is an impossible job to get 100% right, 100% of the time.

    The reason the Seahawks get penalized so damn much is because they commit a ton of penalties.

    Sorry, but I'm really tired of all the whining about the refs. It's not the refs fault that our team commits a shit ton of penalties every game, it's the players fault.
    Football Outsiders wrote:The Seahawks have a third-and-long defensive DVOA of -102.1%. Seriously, when Seattle knows you have to pass, you are completely terribly, violently screwed.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1283
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:08 pm
  • This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.
    User avatar
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1244
    Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:29 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:48 pm
  • Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.
    User avatar
    HawkNuts
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 179
    Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:01 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:He had to be graded out as one of the best refs in the NFL to get to this point. How many penalties he calls is irrelevant to me, as long as he calls it accurately and fair. 49ers do just as much mugging on both sides of the ball.

    This. Though regardless if they let them play it's to our advantage.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7264
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm
  • hoxrox wrote:This was the crew in Carolina last weekend? That's not good.


    The crew last week was led by Carl Cheffers. Thank god they didn't give us him this week, the whiners would probably get away with murder.
    User avatar
    StealthHawk
    NET Bench Warmer
     
    Posts: 15
    Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:43 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Mike Perreira on Fox Sports said " the league was likely embarrassed by that San Fran, Carolina game and will probably tell the referees to stop confrontations early."

    If Breno can bait them earlymaybe we can get some St. Louis type penalties :mrgreen:

    One of the other announcers said maintaining their cool might be the key to this game.


    I fully expect the 49ers to try to test the Seahawks emotions early, much like the Rams did. The team needs to be focused and not bite into the mind games.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4859
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:26 am
  • NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:
    Image
    User avatar
    dunceface
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3316
    Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:29 am


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 am
  • dunceface wrote:NOT MIKE CAREY!!!!!! :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs: :mrgreen: :th2thumbs:


    Carey didn't qualify for the playoffs.
    Can anyone believe he's 64?
    GET YOUR EAR PLUGS READY!!!
    DROPPIN' THE NOISE HAMMER AT THE SOUTH ALASKA INSANE ASYLUM
    User avatar
    TheHawkster
    * NET Bad Ass *
     
    Posts: 1969
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:00 am
    Location: Puyallup


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:45 am
  • HawkNuts wrote:Can we convince him to put a shock collar on Harbadouche. Every time Harbadouche steps onto the field of play one of the refs is responsible for holding the shock button down. Works for me.

    Best idea I've seen all week. :th2thumbs:
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

    Image
    User avatar
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11140
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 am
  • Hasselbeck wrote:Steratore is great. Peter King did a piece in the MMQB about him and his crew. Very good read.

    He's the perfect ref for this matchup IMO. He will let the two teams play, which is what everyone wants to see.

    Here's the piece by King. http://mmqb.si.com/2013/12/04/peter-kin ... -nfl-refs/



    I was planning on posting that one, great read indeed. I think the reason officials tend to "let them play" in the playoffs is because it does not downgrade them in the same way. If you DON'T throw a ticky tack flag in the regular season that can get you downgraded and you dont get to ref the super bowl. But when reffing the nfcc / afcc game you are not reffing the super bowl regardles, and in the superbowl you are already reffing the super bowl, so the refs can relax a bit and just call the game the way they really would like to call it all the time= in a "let them play and let players decide the outcome" way.
    Swedishhawkfan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1156
    Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:31 am


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:46 am
  • The only real problems I've been seeing with rergards to defense penalaties is that "interpretation" fine line of what is considered between playing close and creating an unfair advantage and interfering or holding.
    ImageImageImage

    "You kept believing, you kept fighting, you kept clawing and scratching
    and look what you freakin' did. Put that freakin' trophy up again!" - Pete Carroll
    User avatar
    tom sawyer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1211
    Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:31 am


Re: NFL ref crew announced for NFCCG!!
Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:55 am

  • The environmental engineer is going to favor the green team, the tax consultant will favor the team in gold, the right wing Texas Christian Banker is going to hate the liberal NW team and favor the team in gold, the high school administrator will favor the green team. Everyone else will be neutral.

    Now I can't wait to see if my guesses pan out!
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    R. Sherman: "I don't want to be an island. I want to be a tourist attraction. You come, I take your money & you go."
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4647
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


  • According to football-refs.com – which keeps track of assignments for NFL officiating crews – Steratore has worked one Seahawks game this season, which was their Week-8 win over St. Louis. Ten penalties were called against the Seahawks that game, including two for holding by their cornerbacks. None of Seattle's penalties were for pass interference.
    Image

    R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    User avatar
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 23530
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:38 pm
    Location: NFL WORLD CHAMPIONS 2013-2014


  • Largent80 wrote:According to football-refs.com – which keeps track of assignments for NFL officiating crews – Steratore has worked one Seahawks game this season, which was their Week-8 win over St. Louis. Ten penalties were called against the Seahawks that game, including two for holding by their cornerbacks. None of Seattle's penalties were for pass interference.


    He won't have the same guys in the backfield this week, though. It's not his typical regular season crew. I would assume his instructions would be the same, regardless of who is back there.
    Image
    User avatar
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *
     
    Posts: 8718
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:24 am
    Location: PNW


  • @BestGuyAround: The side judge from this year's game at Candlestick is on Steratore's crew this week. He flagged Sherman twice for holding and Tate for OPI.

    ...bummer
    It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back
    In the draft, turn nothing into something, still can make that
    Will I
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 289
    Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:08 pm
    Location: Grand Forks


  • Just saw that the ref has only called 16 total illegal grabbing/ defensive PI downfield calls in the entire season which is supposedly relatively low.
    Good news for the seahawks!
    User avatar
    Axx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2539
    Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm




It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online