Russell Wilson Monday presser

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I actually think he's been pressing a bit trying to make all the plays, you know trying to grab the game by the balls rather than let it come to him. He certainly is amped at the beginning of many games as evidenced by his overthrows early, but I think that's kind of carried over further and he needs to relax and let it happen more than he has been. Maybe since the MVP talk started after the first NO game he's subconsciously been trying to live up to that. I don't know maybe it's just that he's young and once one or two things turned negative he's pressed a bit. My gut tells me it's going to be different this week.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
RW was in the MVP conversation not long ago.
I really think better play calling will help. Our offense was a little more creative in runs on Saturday than in previous weeks.
Wilson needs to sleep more. Spend more time with family, get a better hair cut, Relax ... and enjoy himself.
The man spends way too much time thinking, analyzing and overthinking situations. Sometimes, what you see ... is what you see, nothing more.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3eu4r2mj said:
I actually think he's been pressing a bit trying to make all the plays, you know trying to grab the game by the balls rather than let it come to him. He certainly is amped at the beginning of many games as evidenced by his overthrows early, but I think that's kind of carried over further and he needs to relax and let it happen more than he has been. Maybe since the MVP talk started after the first NO game he's subconsciously been trying to live up to that. I don't know maybe it's just that he's young and once one or two things turned negative he's pressed a bit. My gut tells me it's going to be different this week.

I think it more and more he doesn't want fail, which is great, but he seems worried he will make a big mistake and cost us big. When we are in control of the game he is conservative.

Certainly we are far more aggressive when we are behind, remember TB down by 21-0?

pmedic920

Reaction score
He said more than once that he wants to be "smart", do the "smart" thing.
Well if at the end of the day "smart" wins the game, I've got to trust "smart". "Smart" football may not be the most exciting football, but "winning" is. I'll take "smart". :)
This was one of the better PC I've seen him do.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sure he is pressing and add to that how few opportunities he has been getting to throw the ball. If you listen to Pete then you know he is ultimately behind this. Russell is being asked to execute an ultra conservative game plan. He is being discouraged from risky scrambles that could lead to strip fumbles or risky throws that could lead to interceptions. There is very little throwing the ball up and letting the receiver out play the DB in this offence. Hand it off and let the D do the work. Throw only when you have to. This has been our game plan since San Fran.
This plan that got us this far must be tweaked in order to win this next game.
Coach needs to help Russ get his mojo going again. He has to let Russ be Russ.
Our receivers cannot get open with out Russ being Russ. (Except Harvin though he and Russ have very little time together)

jblaze

Reaction score
I think this is largely a product of Pete's philosophy when it comes to playoff football. Things get a lot tougher out there in the playoffs and it's clear he's directing Bevell and Wilson to play it extremely safe and that does coincide with what we do so it works.

What I do hope happens though, is that when the stuff hits the fan, they can pull it out and get it rolling. I think SF shuts down our run game this weekend so Wilson will have to come up with a few plays.

They're playing it extremely conservative with the mentality that the defense can hold anyone to <20 and perhaps come up with a turnover or two and Wilson/Lynch will be efficient and control the ball with field position.

It certainly can be maddening from a fans perspective. However, this team is built this way so we do have to trust Pete a bit at this point. I think he has a philosophy and he's executing it well.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I don't care if our stats are laughable, as long as the wins keep coming!!

Weadoption

Reaction score
Is it me or does Russ have a Dwayne Brady thing going on.
that kid is fine, I just think he's been playing more not to lose lately, same with the play calling.
That ain't a bad formula with that D.

Latest posts