Fox coming to Seattle to test weather gadgets for Super Bowl

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Fox Sports has a few weather-related tricks up its sleeve for next month's Super Bowl telecast, and the network plans to test them out before the Feb. 2 game that will be the first played in a cold-weather climate.

It will use this weekend's NFC title game in Seattle between the San Francisco 49ers and the Seahawks to test an infrared camera that will show how players' body temperatures change throughout the game.

"I don't know what story that tells, but it might make for some pretty cool pictures," Eric Shanks, Fox Sports chief operating officer and executive producer, told the Television Critics Association on Monday.

He said another unspecified device will show how wind affects a quarterback or kicker.

Shanks said the network will have more high-tech 4K cameras than ever before to zoom in for what he called "that definitive angle."

The network is touting the game as "the coldest and boldest Super Bowl ever" in its advertising. Shanks said the pre-game timing will be altered slightly because of the temperature so people aren't on the field standing around too long waiting for the players to come out.

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Fox-comi ... 39341.html

muxpux

Reaction score
im interested to what this wind thing is about. body temp isnt really a huge issue IMO, yeah it could look neat.

also preliminary forecast from NWS,
Seattle
Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.

Denver
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 60.

haha, go figure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Watch the weather at the Super Bowl be perfect after all this hoopla about it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
From the network who brought you the legendary FoxTrax glow puck, the coldest and boldest puck in hockey history.

muxpux

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":3fpomiey said:
From the network who brought you the legendary FoxTrax glow puck, the coldest and boldest puck in hockey history.

there was a really good article i saw, i think on UniWatch, about the history of the first down yellow line...actually very cool stuff.... hang on...

here, i dont think this is the one i read, but same deal:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/ne ... llow-line/