Good luck from SoCal

S.T.

Reaction score
Greetings Hawks fans,

I have never been much of a football fan and don't have a team. I started watching a lot of games a few years ago when I decided to give Fantasy Football a try. I'm not going to simply claim the hawks as my team right now as that would be weak to do so, but boy am I pulling HARD for you guys Sunday.

Being a lifelong and diehard Laker Fan, I never thought it was remotely possible for a sports organization from top to bottom be as cocky, arrogant and demanding of your respect when you haven't earned it more than the Boston Celtics. Well, the San Francisco 49ers are starting to change my mind and I don't even care about Football. And anyone who has a pair of eyes, a brain and sits their ass down to watch football on Sundays knows this.

I'm not gonna lie, I don't like Richard Sherman's smack talking. But that's one dude. The 9ers have at least 30. And that's not including Jim Harbaugh who I dislike the most. Their entire team, especially Harbaugh, Kaepernick and their fans are about to get a nice dose of karma for all their smack talking and whining.

They believe that the philosophy to winning is intimidation from the coaches, players and fans. The Seahawks take the good ol' fashion approach to winning which is grit, focus and determination along with some Richard Sherman antics to add toughness. And that's not a bad thing. That's how you should approach winning.

And don't even get me started with the fans. My entire family are 9er fans, including my sister who just recently became a fan and got a Kaepernick jersey because she loves him so much which is beyond me. That's in addition to all the NorCal fans who seem to think that, given the Giants recent success, a SB victory is inevitable for their beloved 9ers.

I think the funniest thing is that the true 9er fans KNOW that their team is cocky as hell and that they haven't won squat, which shouldn't entitle them to thinking everyone should bow down to them and worship their feet. And those fans won't jump on another teams bandwagon. And they shouldn't. That's what being a true fan is all about. Yet, the overwhelming majority of their fanbase thinks Seattle is cockier? Please.

Part of me wants this for Pete Carroll, who I have a ton of respect for, to stick it in the gut of Jim Harbaugh for all the painful losses to him. (Both with Seattle and USC, especially.) But the other part of me wants this for the Seahawks, who are the team that deserves to win and has the right philosophy to winning.

I remember last year logging onto Seahawks.com, pissed after they were eliminated, watching Pete Carroll's exit interview saying they hope to play their playoff games at home next year. This is coming from someone who is NOT EVEN A SEAHAWK FAN. I was that pissed because I truly felt the Seahawks should have been in the super bowl last year.
Now you guys get a chance to make amends and complete this team's destiny.

Best of Luck on Sunday. Get it done. For any of you going to the game: please break the world record for noise. And for any of you contemplating on going- DO IT. Trust me. This is one of those once in a lifetime games you don't want to miss out on. I was so close to going to game 7 of the Lakers vs. Celtics NBA finals in 2010 and didn't end up going. While it was one of the happiest days of my life, I wish like hell I could have witnessed it inside Staples Center. Now I don't know if I'll ever get that chance again. Don't be in that situation. This is your game 7. Against your bitter rivals. In your house. Go to the game. At least one SoCal fan is rooting for you guys...

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

WarHawks

Reaction score
Great post! Thank you. Nice to know not everyone down there has red and gold colored glasses on. Go Hawks!

rjdriver

Reaction score
Because the Lakers are in no way a cocky, arrogant, sports organization.

Just giving you a hard time, thanks for the post

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Awesome post. Thanks and when you make your choice of a team....be happy with your choice. Bear with them thick and thin during the hard lean years and the great years. You have to make up your mind on this... but as you said....Go Seahawks. :)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Wish I could wish your lakers better luck, as a sonics fan I just cant.

And don't worry, we'll put these 49er bastards out of their misery.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Post of the Year!

Has Sherm actually done much talking this year. He jaws on the field, but all I see in interviews and press conferences is a smart dude who thoughtfully answers all questions.

Galen96

Reaction score
It's clear to me what you are... a (sort of?)closet Seahawks fan... step out and enjoy it!

Gametime

Reaction score
Man......

I moved back home to Seattle after my time in the Marine Corps. Not everyone down there is slurrping the Red and Gold Koolaid. But those who do? man....... So hard to even have a legitimate conversation with. It always just ends with "Cause they are gonna smoke the C (insert favorite derogatory word that rhymes with "Hawks" or ends with a similar "ks" sound)

Moving back to Seattle - and especially this season, has been amazing. My kids were like, "Daddy, there's Seahawk's stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!" It was like being at Disneyland only minus the Niner and Laker jerseys everywhere. My son was like 4 the first time he yelled "Niners suck" in public in response to a jersey. hahaha. Had to teach him right from the get go!

Be proud!!!!!! You don't have to like the Hawks......but if you can't stand the bicep kissing arrogance of the the most sensitive, excuse making, bi-polar fan base on planet earth; you have found home my friend.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Gametime":qbjnehzg said:
Man......

I moved back home to Seattle after my time in the Marine Corps. Not everyone down there is slurrping the Red and Gold Koolaid. But those who do? man....... So hard to even have a legitimate conversation with. It always just ends with "Cause they are gonna smoke the C (insert favorite derogatory word that rhymes with "Hawks" or ends with a similar "ks" sound)

Moving back to Seattle - and especially this season, has been amazing. My kids were like, "Daddy, there's Seahawk's stuff EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!" It was like being at Disneyland only minus the Niner and Laker jerseys everywhere. My son was like 4 the first time he yelled "Niners suck" in public in response to a jersey. hahaha. Had to teach him right from the get go!

Be proud!!!!!! You don't have to like the Hawks......but if you can't stand the bicep kissing arrogance of the the most sensitive, excuse making, bi-polar fan base on planet earth; you have found home my friend.

Your son will president one day lol

DonJulio

Reaction score
Clearly a lot of sheep in this thread.

Fact of the matter is both fan bases and teams..and many fan bases and teams...have displayed a ton of arrogance---thank social media for that, makes it real easy :)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Gametime":46eoav7n said:
Man......

Thank you for your service. I am a USAF retired. Go Hawks.
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

SeaTown81

Reaction score
As a lifelong Sonics fan, I never thought I'd agree so much with a Laker fan. Or that one would get me that pumped up for the Seahawks. Agree with everything you said. And even though you understand the "weak" nature of jumping on a bandwagon when the going is good, it's ok. You can consider yourself a Seahawks fan. We won't hold the Lakers thing against ya. ;)

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
S

S.T.

Reaction score
rjdriver":rnchqwy6 said:
Because the Lakers are in no way a cocky, arrogant, sports organization.

Just giving you a hard time, thanks for the post
As soon as I saw where your from I couldn't help but roll my eyes 8) haha. Not NEARLY as much as Boston! Maybe I'll get the chance sometime to change your perspective haha. I think I could. Every fanbase has got their fair share of arrogant fans and the Lakers are no exception, but as far as the team themselves being cocky and arrogant? Not so much. I guess it depends on your viewpoint. When they win (when we have a good team lol) it feels good to dish back some payback because everyone is always gunning for them and it's tough dealing with all that.

Anyways, back on topic, I just think the cockiness in how the niners conduct themselves in addition to their play on the field is just ridiculous and don't understand how anyone who was not already a niners fan could like them (besides the lame reason because "they're good") HA.

Gametime

Reaction score
DonJulio":2pzf86to said:
Clearly a lot of sheep in this thread.

Fact of the matter is both fan bases and teams..and many fan bases and teams...have displayed a ton of arrogance---thank social media for that, makes it real easy :)

This is true. Every fan base has the exact same stuff.

Arrogant a-holes
Loud mouth bandwagoners
The soccer moms that just hear about the team on the news and buy a jersey so their kids think they are cool and say things like.........How about those Hawks! I just love.....what's his name?
My favorite? Those who accuse other teams of cheating, drug use, and being low lifes while celebrating their own players getting out of rehab and beat felony weapons charges. Hmmmmm. Please tell me more about how classless Sherman is.

The difference comes on the score board; when you don't pull what I now refer to as an "I'm Jimmy".

Definition:
An "I'm Jimmy" moment is when you get loud and obnoxious and then when you are answered, you do nothing. I like to think of this as pre-game heroism.

The 49ers are a great team. The Seahawks are a great team. But.

Until proven otherwise.......In the Clink....... Kaep is a "Jimmy" He probably had a great time shooting that commercial, but inside, he knows.........the fans know.......his eye brow knows.

Arrogance built on a foundation of victory is just confidence. And YES that's MY quote. :)

OP
OP
S

S.T.

Reaction score
Smellyman":3ujnnbu2 said:
Post of the Year!

Has Sherm actually done much talking this year. He jaws on the field, but all I see in interviews and press conferences is a smart dude who thoughtfully answers all questions.

Thanks man. You could be spot on I'm just going based off of what I've seen in games and highlights. I'm sure you guys pay much more attention to practice interviews and such. From the interviews I've seen though, he looks 100 times more well spoken than any niner player lol.

OP
OP
S

S.T.

Reaction score
SeaTown81":7cqi0qt9 said:
As a lifelong Sonics fan, I never thought I'd agree so much with a Laker fan. Or that one would get me that pumped up for the Seahawks. Agree with everything you said. And even though you understand the "weak" nature of jumping on a bandwagon when the going is good, it's ok. You can consider yourself a Seahawks fan. We won't hold the Lakers thing against ya. ;)

GO HAWKS!
Glad to hear! My goal was to get you guys totally amped up for this contest with a creative post that shows you not everyone over here is blind. Haha thanks for not holding it against me!