1983 AFC Championship Game

BlueTalons

Reaction score
30 years later, we are back in a conference Championship Game against a hated division rival. This time it's on OUR turf! :th2thumbs:

socalhawker333

Reaction score
That was my first year as a full-time Seahawks fan, grew up in Seattle and remember when the Kingdome was being built then moved to So Cal in '77. Actually was a Raider fan till that meeting, hated the Raiders ever since! The raider nation was a despicable display of fandom of any sports I've ever seen! Been a diehard Seahawks fan since then, went through all the ribbing and jokes of being a Seahawks fan! I know many family and friends who are whiner fans... Can't figure out which fans are worse whiner or raider? Whiners are quickly taking the cake though!!! Go Hawks!!!

gargantual

Reaction score
Which are worse, Raider fans then or Whiner fans now? Good question.....although most of them are the same people, just with their allegiances switched for convenience's sake. I remember I was 18 and called in sick to McDonald's to watch the game and seriously blamed myself for the loss (I can get pretty superstitious at times :))!

I stopped watching football after that and didn't seriously come back until 2005! I nearly gave up on the game all together after the zebra debacle that year.....but kept with the team and have just become a bigger and bigger fanatic ever since! The end of Holmie and the Mora year were tough to endure, but imagine being a Browns fan all this time! They even lost their team at one point the poor SOBs! Hoped Pete could translate his game onto the Pro stage and now 4 years into it we're one game away from the BIG STAGE!

Good time to be alive and to be a Seahawks fan!

Oh...thanks again Paul Allen and GO HAWKS!!!