Something Running Through My Mind...

Throwdown

Reaction score
A few days ago an article came out about Russell, his father, and their relationship. There was this this quote that has been running through my mind.

"He said when he was young, his father used to say, Why not you, Russ? Why not you?"

Link here for those that missed it.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66388316/

That quote is so beautiful in the context of just us as Seattle Seahawks fans and Seattle Sports fans in general! As our team is out there at the VMAC preparing to take greatness, after looking it in the face the last two seasons, and the building that John Schneider, and Pete Carroll and everyone else in that front office, down to the scouts, and all the way down to the interns. All of this has been building up since that January day in 2010, when Pete Carroll stood at the podium and got me hyped to go run through a brick wall for the man, this was just off of a press conference mind you.

The vision and the execution of this vision have been such a treat to watch. We even had a last hoorah with Hasselbeck! IMO Pete might be the best coach we've ever had, IN MY EYES. I've had fun even in 2011 with Tarvaris as QB, that season was fun to me to see the team grow and become what it is now.

What is this team now? A dynasty, and on Sunday, and February 2nd it will be realized because... Why not us?

lsheldon

Reaction score
I believe in Russell and the rest of our team. We want a championship, but they want one even more. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend...

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Yeah Russell been saying motivational crap for a long while now. I would rather see him throwing the ball accurate. I

ivotuk

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":1fb4pa36 said:
Yeah Russell been saying motivational crap for a long while now. I would rather see him throwing the ball accurate. I

And what have you done? Maybe you should try some of that motivational "crap"

I have completed confidence in this team. Kaper has never won in the Clink, and he never will.

Believe me, our team ain't scared, but the nines are.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Every major city seems to have had their time in the light. New York, Miami, Los Angeles... Whoever. But Seattle? SEATTLE!?? Them dudes from South Alaska ?? Them coffee drinkin dudes in that rainy ass city???? Yeah, I guess we them dudes. We had a basketball team once that won one back in the day, but it was soo long ago, most people don't even remember. The Mariners? Yeah they was hott too once. Won all those games that one year. Got in the playoffs and laid an egg. Smfh. Aye bro but our women's hoop team is nice, and yall ain't seein us in soccer!! SMFH!!

Only Seattleites and those in the surrounding areas know what its like to be from "The 6". We rep our teams harder then most cities out there. We haven't really got much return back on that investment, but we'll keep pulling for them till someone takes them away from us (even that might not stop some). In a city that's mostly famous for grunge rock, lattes and big booty one hit wonders, we've stood by our teams while others are working on their third, fourth, and some even fifth championships. Why not us? We deserve it right? My answer, yes we do. Our Hawks are about to punch that ticket and that elusive championship we've been waiting for will finally be ours. After that, we'll be pumping them out one after the other right? Yeah. Yeah we will. Baby steps first my friend.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":1g8ik487 said:
Every major city seems to have had their time in the light. New York, Miami, Los Angeles... Whoever. But Seattle? SEATTLE!?? Them dudes from South Alaska ?? Them coffee drinkin dudes in that rainy ass city???? Yeah, I guess we them dudes. We had a basketball team once that won one back in the day, but it was soo long ago, most people don't even remember. The Mariners? Yeah they was hott too once. Won all those games that one year. Got in the playoffs and laid an egg. Smfh. Aye bro but our women's hoop team is nice, and yall ain't seein us in soccer!! SMFH!!

Only Seattleites and those in the surrounding areas know what its like to be from "The 6". We rep our teams harder then most cities out there. We haven't really got much return back on that investment, but we'll keep pulling for them till someone takes them away from us (even that might not stop some). In a city that's mostly famous for grunge rock, lattes and big booty one hit wonders, we've stood by our teams while others are working on their third, fourth, and some even fifth championships. Why not us? We deserve it right? My answer, yes we do. Our Hawks are about to punch that ticket and that elusive championship we've been waiting for will finally be ours. After that, we'll be pumping them out one after the other right? Yeah. Yeah we will. Baby steps first my friend.

You forgot the Dawgs (aka champions).

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
HawkWow":2svcvs1i said:
Mistashoesta":2svcvs1i said:

You forgot the Dawgs (aka champions).

The Metropolitans too!!

Greenhell

Reaction score
Throwdown":qduse5hh said:
A few days ago an article came out about Russell, his father, and their relationship. There was this this quote that has been running through my mind.

"He said when he was young, his father used to say, Why not you, Russ? Why not you?"

Link here for those that missed it.
http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66388316/

That quote is so beautiful in the context of just us as Seattle Seahawks fans and Seattle Sports fans in general! As our team is out there at the VMAC preparing to take greatness, after looking it in the face the last two seasons, and the building that John Schneider, and Pete Carroll and everyone else in that front office, down to the scouts, and all the way down to the interns. All of this has been building up since that January day in 2010, when Pete Carroll stood at the podium and got me hyped to go run through a brick wall for the man, this was just off of a press conference mind you.

The vision and the execution of this vision have been such a treat to watch. We even had a last hoorah with Hasselbeck! IMO Pete might be the best coach we've ever had, IN MY EYES. I've had fun even in 2011 with Tarvaris as QB, that season was fun to me to see the team grow and become what it is now.

What is this team now? A dynasty, and on Sunday, and February 2nd it will be realized because... Why not us?

I, too, have been saying this as well. Why not us? Why not now? Sumbish! WHY NOT US!

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
for some reason i find it hard to believe that the Niners are worried at all right now. If we get the super bowl how are we going to manage to keep up with Brady or manning with a sputtering offense

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Dang. It is OK to he critical of the passing offense but the borderline negative and dogging our team and chances is depressing. Second time with this opportunity in the conference championship, enjoy it!

Go HAWKS!

tom sawyer

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":31yjwa8s said:
how are we going to manage to keep up with Brady or manning

Sherman, Maxwell, Avril, Bennett, Mebane, Thomas, and McDaniel?

GCrow

Reaction score
"Why not us?"

As I was reading through these posts kept thinking I swore i've heard some team keep saying this before.

In one of ESPN's 30 For 30's "Four Days In October" looking at the '04 ALCS where the Red Sox comeback from 0-3 down to beat the Yankess the stat was that no team had ever come back from that before. And in all the scenes in the locker room and before the games the Red Sox players kept saying to themselves, "well, why not us?"

Why not the Seahawks?