Who Defends Boldin?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Will it be Sherman or Maxwell? I really wish we had Browner right now I think he matches up well against Boldin and Crabtree/Sherman is a good one..

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sherman did it last time they came to Seattle and he ended the day with 1 catch for 7 yards. I see no reason why they don't do it again.

warden

Reaction score
The Seahawks don't put a certain individual on a WR. If Bolden lines up on the right he goes against Sherman, if he lines up on the left he goes against Maxwell

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":wo70vksp said:
We need to put Sherman on Crabtree. He is making all the difference in their offense right now.

I agree. Imagine a Browner/Boldin matchup that would be epic but I feel Browner can shut him down..

misfit

Reaction score
I dont think youll see sherman shadowing boldin since they have crabtree back. I think you just let each corner play his side.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
misfit":3fw9c7vw said:
I dont think youll see sherman shadowing boldin since they have crabtree back. I think you just let each corner play his side.

That makes a lot of sense. Last game against SF Kaerpernick was targeting Maxwell side ALOT.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Shouldn't matter as long as we pressure Kaep. The 9ers are saying the same about us and RW. Both teams will employ the same strategy: Contain the QB and force him to throw from a collapsing pocket, IMO.

gargantual

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3u2k54lp said:
FlyingGreg":3u2k54lp said:
We need to put Sherman on Crabtree. He is making all the difference in their offense right now.

I agree. Imagine a Browner/Boldin matchup that would be epic but I feel Browner can shut him down..

Is there any possibility that Browner can play? Never heard anything about his appeal. That would be beyond epic! Who's the next most physical DB? Maybe Kam-Bam? Or do we need a corner to cover him? Man what a week this is gonna be. Anticipation is already building massively.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I doesn't matter where any of the whiner receivers line up. Whoever plays in front of them for the Seahawks is the better player.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If I was Dan Quinn,

I dedicate Sherman to Crabtree. Similar length (6'2/6'3, long arms), similar speed (4.5), our best CB vs their best WR.

I dedicate Maxwell to Boldin. Boldin is 6'1, 220, very physical, very crafty, but slow (4.7 speed). Maxwell is 6'0 and I would put him about 205-210. Compared to the other CBs not named Browner he's the biggest (in size not length), fastest (4.41 speed), and strongest (24 reps in the bench press... Sherman had 16, Browner, Thurmond, Lane were in the 11-14 range, Simon had 9, Maxwell even had more reps than Kam). Maxwell and Boldin match-up very well. Maxwell doesn't press very much compared to Browner, so Boldin won't school him at the line, and if Boldin is getting separation via elite route running ability, Maxwell has that elite speed to recover and disrupt the pass).

The Seahawks also could put Kam on Boldin from time to time, that would be an even match-up, but the way I see it if the Seahawks can shutdown Crabtree and Boldin, that only leaves Davis. I like Kam on Davis, if you punch Davis in the mouth a couple of times, he turns into a coward and gives up. So that match-up would be good. Of course we would have to help Kam out using smart Linebacker play by taking away the underneath route with zones and making LBers/Ends chip Davis off the line, forcing Kaepernick to throw the ball over the top, which would give Kam, the best chance to bear down with a full head of steam, and all the advantage.

If the Seahawks can also shutdown Boldin and Crabtree with just Sherman and Maxwell. Earl would be more free to attack and help various parts of the field plus help the Linebackers contain Gore and Kaepernick.

The key to beating San Fran's Offense isn't shutting down Gore or harassing Kaepernick, its limiting their big play ability, and keeping them to FGs rather than TDs. Seahawks can't be overly aggressive they need to play disciplined and smart and take advantage of the opportunities when they can.

hawker84

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1pfoaqyt said:
Sherman did it last time they came to Seattle and he ended the day with 1 catch for 7 yards. I see no reason why they don't do it again.

they didn't have Crabtree at that point, Boldin was Klapperdicks only option other than VD. that will not be the case sunday, maxwell and thurmond are going to have to man up.

willyum

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1sueldj7 said:
misfit":1sueldj7 said:

That makes a lot of sense. Last game against SF Kaerpernick was targeting Maxwell side ALOT.

yeah pretty much every team was targeting Maxwell after he entered the lineup. But the numbers he put up are outstanding: 5 starts, 4 picks, 13 passes defended.

and its pretty impressive that even with quarterbacks avoiding Sherman like the plague, he still is 2nd in the league with 24 passes defended and of course, 1st in interceptions

raisethe3

Reaction score
willyum":caa6v9g9 said:
dopeboy206":caa6v9g9 said:
misfit":caa6v9g9 said:

yeah pretty much every team was targeting Maxwell after he entered the lineup. But the numbers he put up are outstanding: 5 starts, 4 picks, 13 passes defended.

and its pretty impressive that even with quarterbacks avoiding Sherman like the plague, he still is 2nd in the league with 24 passes defended and of course, 1st in interceptions

Agreed. I've been vouching for Maxwell all season long when Browner got injured and Thurmond being suspended.

But as of right now, Maxwell needs to play better than he did on Saturday. Yes, its not his fault that he missed the interception because Earl was right there trying to get it as well. But if Maxwell up his play level a bit, then the Hawks should be fine.

Only thing scares me is our run defense.

willyum

Reaction score
yeah, i agree our run defense drove me crazy yesterday, especially early on. way too many big chunks to a pass oriented team, SF's offense is built to pound the ball. I noticed our big boys, Mebane and Bryant getting swallowed up on those big runs they gotta hold the initial point better against the niners.

Gore only got 9 carries in that 29-3 game in week 2, which was strange, but worked out well for Seattle. and of course we remember what happened the next time we played them

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
This is where we REALLY miss Browner. We win that game in SF with Browner. Dude makes game winning plays 2-3 games last year.