Congrats y'all V 2.0

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
This is a second attempt to give my props to an excellent team and an even better fanbase. This loss hurt no where as bad as that in 2011. This time around my Saints were clear underdogs. Yes, I felt they had what it took to win, but the weather and great play by the Hawks made sure that the upset would not occur.

It was a hard played physical game as would be expected. The officiating was shaky per usual. There were a few missed calls. But, there were also several very good calls going both ways. Rafael Bush's first hit on Harvin deserved the flag based upon today's rules. But, the eventual outcome was determined by exactly what almost every NFL game comes down to ... who was the better team on that field that day.

The Seahawks were clearly that.

Here's to our meeting again next year. This time in our home.

Oh, and I am looking forward to fulfilling my end of the bet with Roland. I was hoping my trip to New Orleans would be next weekend so I could also where the "winner's cap" at a Quarter bar, but, alas, plans have changed and I have to head down there tomorrow morning. But, if the cap arrives by next weekend I WILL wear it and photo it while actively pulling for the Hawks.

I guess I am a 12th Man until next season gets rolling anyway.

Good luck to my friends here!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
You're a class act man, and your team fought hard. Drew Brees is my second favorite QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":186xamjm said:
This is a second attempt to give my props to an excellent team and an even better fanbase. This loss hurt no where as bad as that in 2011. This time around my Saints were clear underdogs. Yes, I felt they had what it took to win, but the weather and great play by the Hawks made sure that the upset would not occur.

It was a hard played physical game as would be expected. The officiating was shaky per usual. There were a few missed calls. But, there were also several very good calls going both ways. Rafael Bush's first hit on Harvin deserved the flag based upon today's rules. But, the eventual outcome was determined by exactly what almost every NFL game comes down to ... who was the better team on that field that day.

The Seahawks were clearly that.

Here's to our meeting again next year. This time in our home.

Oh, and I am looking forward to fulfilling my end of the bet with Roland. I was hoping my trip to New Orleans would be next weekend so I could also where the "winner's cap" at a Quarter bar, but, alas, plans have changed and I have to head down there tomorrow morning. But, if the cap arrives by next weekend I WILL wear it and photo it while actively pulling for the Hawks.

I guess I am a 12th Man until next season gets rolling anyway.

Good luck to my friends here!
Thanks Guido, you're a good man! :)

Shock2k

Reaction score
Cheers thanks. You been a great contributor. Takes a lot of class to come back after your team has lost. Best of luck to your boys next year.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Its never over with Brees an Co until the final whistle blows. That's what an elite level QB is all about.

Also it was Peyton's first year back so you have to see this as a successful season for you guys after all that you've had to endure.

I'm sure we'll cross paths again next year.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
you're a nice guy Guido! cheers. I'm still laughing at Jimmy Graham going "beast mode" though.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Cool beans dude. As far as opposing fans go, I can honestly say, you are one. I'm glad you were wrong about Jimmy G.
Looking forward to the pictures.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Always a pleasure to have you around, Guido. Hope you join in and chat during the offseason. You're a class act and I wish more opposing fans were like you. And I try to be more like you when I visit opposing forums now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I tried hard to exclude Guido of my bashing on whiny Saints fans. Always liked him. He stuck it out after the 2010 season wildcard and has been cool since.

Latest posts