Media ignoring Harvin's return

Ozzy

Reaction score
I have watched countless expert picks and game breakdowns and rarely is Harvin mentioned. Rotoworld did a good job talking about how he big this could be but everyone else seems to ignore it. Our offense has struggled and Tim Hasslebeck laid the blame on the WR's this week saying no one has been getting separation the past month. So the one area we arguably have a weakness at we bring in last years mvp front runner through the first 10 weeks of the season at a position of need. If this was Gronk it would be on espn 24/7. This isn't a rant talking about how the media disses our market. It just seems like a lack of homework from almost everyone. Its honestly baffling. Thoughts?

JonRud

Reaction score
Don't agree at all. I have read a ton of Nat. Media stuff on Percy's return & potential impact the past 2 days. not sure what shows you are watching.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of stuff on it but I also don't feel like they would be wrong to not pay it much attention. the story is no longer fresh; that he's returning now just leaves a lot of speculation about where he's at and how effective he will be.

if he comes out and doens't do much, then they rightfully have let it slide by.

if the comes out and explodes and makes huge plays he will be the top story of next week.

stack600

Reaction score
I noticed this trend too..My thought was:
1 they have not seen Percy play much this season and thus cannot break him down on tape and make a informed comment.
2 they really hate stepping on their tounge's although they usually do.

I kinda like it..In a secret weapon sort of way.. :thirishdrinkers:

kobebryant

Reaction score
It is hard to speculate what his impact will be because no one knows what he looks like on this team. Everyone knows exactly what Gronk brings to the Pats.

Harvin may or may not make a big impact for the Hawks. I think it has gotten the right amount of coverage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
MEDIA BIAS'D AGAIN! THE HUMANITY!!!!!! WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
A story about his return was on the front page of ESPN.com yesterday and is still one of the top stories on their NFL page. What more do you want them to do? The man has played 19 snaps in the last 26 games. He'll get more coverage once he makes an impact on the field.

I swear folks here think Percy has the national rep of a Lebron James or something. He's a great football player, but there are countless great football players who don't get talked about constantly in the media.

Jville

Reaction score
There are a lot of other stories including the other playoff teams.

The coaching carousel has really heated up which has longer term consequences than a single playoff outcome.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Its funny. The reason the 49ers are so confident that they can go into Carolina and win is that Crabtree is back. Harvin >> Crabtree

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Because Harvin has never had a good game vs the saints and career stat wise he is a mediocre WR. This was one of Colstons worst years as a pro and better than Harvins best.....

TheWallE

Reaction score
Because it also might not have that big of an impact. Harvin has played 20 snaps all season for one catch, and while no one denies his talent, he hasn't done much in a long time. It is hard to just come back and start playing at a high level after a prolonged amount of time off.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just watched 4-5 different segments breaking down this game and he wasn't mentioned once. Do you know what was mentioned EVERY time? The sluggish offense. Shouldn't you at least mention the return of a great offensive weapon and how it should help? Wasnt mentioned once. Strange.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
His 17 snaps did have an impact. The defense changed how they defend us and he is huge on special teams. Did you watch the Minnesota game? I don't mean that in a snarky way either honest question.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
austinslater25":dbaogvyf said:
His 17 snaps did have an impact. The defense changed how they defend us and he is huge on special teams. Did you watch the Minnesota game? I don't mean that in a snarky way either honest question.

No I didn't. But we have seen him a few times. He is no deshaun Jackson and we kept him in check. If Lewis wasn't playing I would be worried but we will be ok. It's going to come down to the trenches and who makes the least mistakes with the weather. May be last team with ball wins. Looking forward to the game. Will be best of the weekend. And who ever wins will represent the NFC. 2 best teams....

Penman96

Reaction score
Harvin's past play against the Saints is irrelevant. Especially if the main reference is the one Vikings / Saints playoff game in NO. This is a different scheme for Harvin - the load isn't all on his shoulders anymore.

And its a different defense for the Saints - against the Vikings keying on Harvin as the main pass threat was a option, now it isn't.

I'd be overjoyed to see Harvin occupy Keenan Lewis all day (if Lewis could even do that) because it would leave Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse freed up. The Saints secondary isn't as strong as it was last time they saw Harvin, if he takes away the Saints only decent corner I'm predicting a good day for our other receivers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Penman96":2bxxb3cw said:
Harvin's past play against the Saints is irrelevant. Especially if the main reference is the one Vikings / Saints playoff game in NO. This is a different scheme for Harvin - the load isn't all on his shoulders anymore.

And its a different defense for the Saints - against the Vikings keying on Harvin as the main pass threat was a option, now it isn't.

I'd be overjoyed to see Harvin occupy Keenan Lewis all day (if Lewis could even do that) because it would leave Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse freed up. The Saints secondary isn't as strong as it was last time they saw Harvin, if he takes away the Saints only decent corner I'm predicting a good day for our other receivers. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Harvin isn't as strong as the last time he saw the saints as well. Let's be realistic. The guy is not in football shape. It takes a few weeks to get up to par. He will get winded. It will be wet trying to cut on that hip. Getting hit a few times. He's not the same gut that you would see had he been playing 5 weeks. You guys know this as well.