we better win.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Because with everything the Saints are doing to prepare for this game there is zero question they will have anything left to compete against the winners of Carolina and San Fran.

this is NO superb owl. No doubt.

Seeker

Reaction score
BeaHUman":37zhek71 said:
I think they are over thinking things VS the Hawks who have prepped for Championship games since the pre-season.

I agree,

The minute you start switching to much up and accommodating your brand of football for another team they are officially in your head [see packers/niners]

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The biggest thing is, the Saints will come out playing lights out due to desperation. They KNOW they have to play lights out. But deep down inside, the Saints don't really believe they're a better team than Seattle.

And that, as Yoda would say, is why they'll fail.

stack600

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3lcbajj7 said:
The biggest thing is, the Saints will come out playing lights out due to desperation. They KNOW they have to play lights out. But deep down inside, the Saints don't really believe they're a better team than Seattle.

Fail they will :p

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Saints have a 0% chance of winning. A 5% of losing by less than 21 points.

Polaris

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":2zx6y6se said:

Much as I hate to agree with a Niner fan, I think this is right. Looking at it from afar, it looks like the Saints have psyched themselves out and IMO may well have lost this game before it even began.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":15t9zssc said:
Outside of his screen name, I kind of like this guy. ^

TheWallE

Reaction score
It is fair that you would not know what the Saints have been doing during the week before other games. However, you should know that the Saints have been doing these gimmicky preparation things since last week too. The Eagles weren't "in their heads" but they did some similar out of the box things in preparation.

These gimmicky things have suspect tangible value, but it has less to do with the Saints being rattled by Seattle than you guys might think. If they get the win this week they are going to be doing the same thing next week and no matter who we would play in the NFC Championship game we would have beaten earlier this year.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":a7smtfl6 said:

The Seattle team that beat the saints 34-7 is not the real Seattle team. They are somewhere between that and the team that lost to Arizona. That was the best game of the year for Wilson, who I like, and every thing wen right for the Seahawks and wrong for saints. Fumble TD, tipped TD etc. it was a perfect game. That doesn't happen often. If that was the real Seattle team then you would be 16-0 and unstoppable but you aren't. You are a very good team but not 34-7 better than saints everyday and we aren't a 34-7 worse team to Seattle everyday. We are very equally matched. Home field gives you the edge but the team who makes the least mistakes wins.

sutz

Reaction score
Meaningless celebrity opinion.

Channel surfing this AM and stumbled on Mike & Mike. Both of them said they'd give the points and bet on Seattle. ;)

seanoob

Reaction score
Saints and Seahawks are definitely not 'equally matched.' The Seahawks are superior talent wise, stat wise, and have home field advantage. If the Saints win, it will be called 'an upset' as it should be. Seahawks vs Niners is 'equally matched.' Possibly, Seahawks vs. Carolina with a healthy Steve Smith is equally matched.

Just my 2 cents.

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
seanoob":2csg9rnx said:
Saints and Seahawks are definitely not 'equally matched.' The Seahawks are superior talent wise, stat wise, and have home field advantage. If the Saints win, it will be called 'an upset' as it should be. Seahawks vs Niners is 'equally matched.' Possibly, Seahawks vs. Carolina with a healthy Steve Smith is equally matched.

Just my 2 cents.

Like I said. Home field gives you the edge. And yes in the eyes of the world outside of Nola it would be an upset. The 49ers and the panthers are nowhere near on par with us as far as offense goes and on defense all 4 are top 5 I think....

gargantual

Reaction score
Hey "Rings", bet you're grateful you didn't have to change your name after last year's SB....eh? (sorry, couldn't resist :))!
Seriously though, how do you feel your chances are Sunday, in THEIR house? I don't have an opinion ... think it equally could go either way.

Oh and back to topic, I expect a few surprises (unexpected plays) ...maybe even an initial surge to the Saints' run game, but we'll pull away in the third quarter. If Harvin plays my confidence level goes thru the roof!

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Saint's D might be ranked top 5 but the drop off from the top 3 - Seattle, SF and Carolina is meteoric. In no way shape or form are you close to an even match up. The only huge advantage you have is at TE and maybe a little one at QB.
Seattle DLine>Saints Oline
Seattle Secondary>Saints Pass game
Seattle Run game>Saints rush D

All in all you guys could win if you play perfect and we go flat but I just don't see it happening.

Seattle 36-17

Krodwhodat

Reaction score
Treefiddy":1xki10ky said:
Saint's D might be ranked top 5 but the drop off from the top 3 - Seattle, SF and Carolina is meteoric. In no way shape or form are you close to an even match up. The only huge advantage you have is at TE and maybe a little one at QB.

All in all you guys could win if you play perfect and we go flat but I just don't see it happening.

Seattle 36-17

How many top 10 offenses you play this year? How many top 20 is a better question? We had the second hardest schedule this year. And we went from the worst to top 5 D....leaps and bounds. Top 5 O and top 5 D. That matches with anybody my friend....

sutz

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":1l75ohcd said:
Treefiddy":1l75ohcd said:

Seattle 36-17

How many top 10 offenses you play this year? How many top 20 is a better question? We had the second hardest schedule this year. And we went from the worst to top 5 D....leaps and bounds. Top 5 O and top 5 D. That matches with anybody my friend....
Confidence is that feeling you have before you understand the situation.

;)

13thMan

Reaction score
Krodwhodat":z9gxrz2s said:
Treefiddy":z9gxrz2s said:

Seattle 36-17

I appreciate your confidence man... I'm afraid though that the entire NFC South will be exiting stage left this weekend...