Awesome Sherman stat

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
SI_DougFarrar ‏@SI_DougFarrar 4m
Richard Sherman had the lowest target percentage per snap of any NFL cornerback, and he still led the league in picks. That's stunning.

"Stunning" describes it perfectly. It's ridiculous how good he is.

LOVE YOU, SHERM!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Gawd I hope he takes a hometown discount and stays in the Seahawks fold.

Exittium

Reaction score
That just solidifies him as being the league's best CB.. Revis who??

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
iRo.... on another note (I just noticed this):

Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.

Personally, I have never seen anything from Bradford to say he's an Elite or Franchise QB that will lead a team to a Playoff run or Super Bowl. Ya, he's got a great arm, but not much else.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":s70x47sk said:
HawkGANG":s70x47sk said:
It'll probably be freaking Kuechly. He's the media's Andrew Luck of the defense. Disgusts me.

He is that good. Can't really complain much if Kuechly beats Sherman out. At least it would be a worthy recipient of the honor.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":xs1qc7cx said:
Sherman jet skis around Revis Island
Ha!!!!!

cd97d9b4_29y2m8o.jpeg

Greenhell

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":t2zxesxs said:
HawkGANG":t2zxesxs said:
It'll probably be freaking Kuechly. He's the media's Andrew Luck of the defense. Disgusts me.

All he's missing is the disgusting neck beard.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":1syed9j3 said:
He is that good. Can't really complain much if Kuechly beats Sherman out. At least it would be a worthy recipient of the honor.
No. J.J. Watt is that good. Kuechly is great, but not that great.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3msckoqa said:
RolandDeschain":3msckoqa said:
HawkGANG":3msckoqa said:

I bet if Wagner had that front 4, he'd have similar stats.

MrCarey

Reaction score
Exittium":2loq7n77 said:

I wish Revis was in a system that matched his strengths, because then we could actually say this. I believe Sherman is better, but this argument wouldn't be able to hold up because of that situation.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":12x72vn3 said:
Attyla the Hawk":12x72vn3 said:
RolandDeschain":12x72vn3 said:
HawkGANG":12x72vn3 said:

I bet if Wagner had that front 4, he'd have similar stats.

Wagner's been every bit as impressive as LK IMO. Wagner's got 5 sacks, 2 picks, Luke's got 2 sacks 4 INT's.

Through 2 seasons's

Kuechly- 32- Games 320 total tack (196 solo), 3- sack, 0- FF, 3- FR, 6- INT, 55- Yards, 15-PD, 21-stuffs, 64-S-yards
Wagner- 30- games 260 tackles (159 solo) , 7- sacks, 0-FF, 1-FR, 5- INT, 64-yards, 10-PD, 7-stuffs, 18- S-yards

Luke obviously has the tackle edge, the solo tackles are closer than Total tackles, Bobby's averaging 5.3 solo's a game, Luke = 6.1, Bobby appears to be a better blitzer/ pass rusher, and both have been adept in coverage.

The one thing that bothers me is that the Tackle stat is much like the passing yards stat, which is to say a lot of the "talking heads" love to look at those 2 stats as though they are the be-all in determining good players. Both can be wildly misleading in dertermining the effectiveness of a player IMO.

But as mentioned above Kuechly and Luck are the media darlings. They can't help but drool all over these guys when they do something good. Or defending them when they don't play so well. With Luck it's- He's had the most comebacks in the last 2 years, completely ignoring that many times it's his mistakes that put them in the hole early that he has to dig himself out. He's brilliant that he came back on a decimated chiefs defense, completely ignoring that he 3 picks that helped to cause the deficit in the first place. Luke totally faceguards the Gronk and the refs save him with a controversial "non-call"

Exittium

Reaction score
MrCarey":145hqozi said:
Exittium":145hqozi said:

I wish Revis was in a system that matched his strengths, because then we could actually say this. I believe Sherman is better, but this argument wouldn't be able to hold up because of that situation.

Yes/No its not Revis's choice either that opposing QB's avoid throwing to him as well. But Revis want's to claim he's the "best" and is on an "island". QB's did the same with Sherm. Some QB's would tempt fate and it didn't work so well.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2uad6j8r said:
iRo.... on another note (I just noticed this):

Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
*He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.

Personally, I have never seen anything from Bradford to say he's an Elite or Franchise QB that will lead a team to a Playoff run or Super Bowl. Ya, he's got a great arm, but not much else.

You need to re-read that again because ithey're not positive statements about Bradford.

It doesn't say:
*He can change a loss into a win
*He can change a win into a loss by getting injured

Hawks46

Reaction score
He is that good. Can't really complain much if Kuechly beats Sherman out. At least it would be a worthy recipient of the honor.[/quote]

I bet if Wagner had that front 4, he'd have similar stats.[/quote]

Wagner's been every bit as impressive as LK IMO. Wagner's got 5 sacks, 2 picks, Luke's got 2 sacks 4 INT's.

Through 2 seasons's

Kuechly- 32- Games 320 total tack (196 solo), 3- sack, 0- FF, 3- FR, 6- INT, 55- Yards, 15-PD, 21-stuffs, 64-S-yards
Wagner- 30- games 260 tackles (159 solo) , 7- sacks, 0-FF, 1-FR, 5- INT, 64-yards, 10-PD, 7-stuffs, 18- S-yards

Luke obviously has the tackle edge, the solo tackles are closer than Total tackles, Bobby's averaging 5.3 solo's a game, Luke = 6.1, Bobby appears to be a better blitzer/ pass rusher, and both have been adept in coverage.

The one thing that bothers me is that the Tackle stat is much like the passing yards stat, which is to say a lot of the "talking heads" love to look at those 2 stats as though they are the be-all in determining good players. Both can be wildly misleading in dertermining the effectiveness of a player IMO.

But as mentioned above Kuechly and Luck are the media darlings. They can't help but drool all over these guys when they do something good. Or defending them when they don't play so well. With Luck it's- He's had the most comebacks in the last 2 years, completely ignoring that many times it's his mistakes that put them in the hole early that he has to dig himself out. He's brilliant that he came back on a decimated chiefs defense, completely ignoring that he 3 picks that helped to cause the deficit in the first place. Luke totally faceguards the Gronk and the refs save him with a controversial "non-call"[/quote]

Couple this with the fact that teams record their own tackle statistics and the league just takes those stats and applies them. Wasn't there a year where Willis supposedly recorded over 250 tackles ?

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":192ww09m said:
You need to re-read that again because ithey're not positive statements about Bradford.

It doesn't say:
*He can change a loss into a win
*He can change a win into a loss by getting injured
:lol: Thanks for the backup, broseph. Jazz, you need better glasses, bro! The first line is to satisfy the ridiculous bet I supposedly lost with AvengerRam about Bradford having a passer rating of 90.0 or better for the season, even though Bradford played less than seven games. We then discussed it on Clanram.com in October and I said flat-out that there would be asterisks under it, and he doesn't say one word. Now he sees the actual sig and whines and calls me a welsher. What a tool, lol.