Canfora: Bevell and Quinn "frontrunners" for head coach jobs

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Haven't seen this yet.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2014 ... minnesota/

"Speaking with Mitch Levy during his weekly segment on KJR-AM Wednesday morning, La Canfora revealed that Quinn is the leading candidate to replace Mike Munchak as head coach of the Tennessee Titans while Bevell remains at the top of the list to replace Leslie Frazier in Minnesota."

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I'd love to keep Quinn around, as I'm sure everyone would. But, I am sure Pete will find a great replacement if he does indeed leave.

Very strange that Bevell is the favorite for the Minny job, I didn't know they loved him when he left.

kidhawk

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":187dco8z said:
I'd love to keep Quinn around, as I'm sure everyone would. But, I am sure Pete will find a great replacement if he does indeed leave.

Very strange that Bevell is the favorite for the Minny job, I didn't know they loved him when he left.

On Bevell, they just wanted him to go learn under a real head coach for awhile :stirthepot:

I do like consistency when things are going well, but hopefully we can draw good talent at the positions as this would be a premium gig for anyone wanting to upgrade their resume with a coordinator position

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seems premature. Neither team has even finished interview rounds yet. Titans have barely gotten started.

The Radish

Reaction score
I think Quinn going to the Tits would be a huge mistake this early in his career.

He will get better offers with a year or two more where he is.

:les:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, Radish; I agree. He is very young. Sit and learn. I mean, you're coaching the best defense in football on a winning team with a head coach who has no problems with you wanting to move on to bigger and better things when you want to.

I don't know why ANYBODY would be in a rush to leave a coordinator gig from the Seahawks while Carroll is here. Most coaches fail the first time around, and many even the second. Maximize your chance of initial success.

Guardian

Reaction score
Every Vikings fan I've talked to out here seems okay with Bevell as their HC. They just couldn't stand Childress.

jblaze

Reaction score
One good thing about this situation is that Pete is churning out head coaches and candidates at this point which should bring top flight talent to the team in the future because it's a fast track to a HC gig. Not to mention, who wouldn't want to coach this team. They make you look really good.

Bad for consistency however. Although I do think Pete does a pretty good job of coaching the coordinators on what we're doing here and how.

Laloosh

Reaction score
The Radish":20zizbbx said:
I think Quinn going to the Tits would be a huge mistake this early in his career.

He will get better offers with a year or two more where he is.

:les:

Hope he thinks the way you do, Radish.

Laloosh

Reaction score
jblaze":3r9dp1ek said:
One good thing about this situation is that Pete is churning out head coaches and candidates at this point which should bring top flight talent to the team in the future because it's a fast track to a HC gig. Not to mention, who wouldn't want to coach this team. They make you look really good.

Bad for consistency however. Although I do think Pete does a pretty good job of coaching the coordinators on what we're doing here and how.

The thing that should help w/ consistency is that the position coaches don't turn over like crazy. That's who the guys spend the most time with.

Coordinators are probably given a framework in which they have enough freedom to work and do their thing but I can guarantee that from a defensive standpoint in particular, Pete is setting some parameters for how games will be called. Same on offense.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'm just gonna keep saying it...you'll all be disappointed when Pete just hires another Bates/Bevell clone as OC.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ubugl53a said:
I'm just gonna keep saying it...you'll all be disappointed when Pete just hires another Bates/Bevell clone as OC.

No need to stir the pot.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3edmp899 said:
You said the same thing last year about Bradley and were wrong. Quinn > Bradley and it's not even close. IMHO Bevell set the bar pretty low for the next guy. Just my .05 worth of course.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
What are the chances Tom Cable takes the OC job if Bevell goes?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Trrrroy":3spzh4m1 said:
What are the chances Tom Cable takes the OC job if Bevell goes?

Hopefully 1%

If Bevell leaves, hopefully Pete Carroll nabs Hue Jackson with the quickness (though its said he'd become OC in Cincy if Gruden leaves)